Chericof Syrup 100ml
Chericof syrup is a cough and cold preparation. It is used for temporary relief from cough, throat irritation, sneezing and runny & stuffy nose due to an allergy or cold. It is a combination medicine
containing chlorpheniramine, dextromethorphan and phenylephrine as active substances. Chericof syrup works by reducing the dry coughing associated with a cold. It also stops allergic symptoms like watery eyes and a runny nose and helps to relieve nasal congestion or blockage. Take Chericof syrup exactly as recommended by your doctor. You can take this syrup with or without food. Shake well before use. Use a measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity. Do not take more than the prescribed dose. Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to any of its components. Before starting Chericof syrup, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your complete medical history. Also, inform the doctor about all other medicines and supplements you take.
|You Save||₹16.20 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(2.0 Mg/5ml) + Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide(10.0 Mg/5ml) + Phenylephrine Hydrochloride(5.0 Mg/5ml)|
|Uses||Cough and nasal congestion|
|Side effects||Dry mouth, nausea|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
- Xl 90 Plus Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Cough SyrupBy Dwd Pharmaceuticals Ltd100ml Syrup in BottleMRP 110.00₹ 93.50₹
- Chericof Cherry Flavour Bottle Of 100ml SyrupBy Sun Pharma100ml Syrup in BottleMRP 118.00₹ 100.30₹
- Chericof Sf Bottle Of 100ml SyrupBy Sun Pharma100ml Syrup in BottleMRP 107.00₹ 90.95₹
Uses of CHERICOF SYRUP 100ML
- Throat irritation, and
- Sneezing, watery eyes, runny or stuffed nose due to cold and allergy.
Contraindications of CHERICOF SYRUP 100ML
- If you have known allergy to Chlorpheniramine, Dextromethorphan and Phenylephrine or any ingredient of Chericof syrup.
- If you are suffering from high blood pressure, heart-related disorders such as incidences of heart attack and blockage.
- If you have serious airway related infection or asthma (this syrup should not be used for relieving cough due to asthma attacks).
- If you have over active thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism)
- If you should only take this syrup if you are taking medicines to treat brain-related disorders.
- If you are suffering from a urinary retention problem or an eye disorder called glaucoma.
- Chericof syrup is not meant to be used in children and breastfeeding women.
Side effects of CHERICOF SYRUP 100ML
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of CHERICOF SYRUP 100ML
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from asthma or airway infection or disorder or wet cough.
- You have a blockage in the stomach or intestine or any part of your digestive tract.
- You have any kind of heart disorder, blockage, high blood pressure or irregular heartbeats.
- You have liver or kidney disease or ulcers in the stomach or intestine.
- You are suffering from an eye disorder called glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- You have an enlarged prostate gland (BPH) or experience difficulty in urination.
- You have a thyroid-related disorder or a tumour in the adrenal gland (Pheochromocytoma).
Directions for Use of CHERICOF SYRUP 100ML
- Take Chericof syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Read the instructions on the label before usage.
- Use a measuring spoon or cup for exact quantities.
- Do not consume Chericof syrup directly from the bottle.
Storage and disposal of CHERICOF SYRUP 100ML
- Store Chericof syrup at room temperature.
- Keep it away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Quick Tips of CHERICOF SYRUP 100ML
- Chericof syrup is a cough and cold preparation used for providing relief from cough, throat irritation, sneezing and runny & stuffy nose due to an allergy or cold. It should not be used for treating any other condition unless specified by the doctor....
- Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended. Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
- Before starting this medicine, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history.
- Do not take any medicine on your own without confirming with your doctor during treatment with Chericof syrup
- This syrup may cause sleepiness. If you experience any such effects after taking this medicine, avoid driving, operating heavy machinery or performing tasks requiring mental alertness.
Dosage of CHERICOF SYRUP 100ML
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of CHERICOF SYRUP 100ML
How Does It Work?
- Chericof syrup works by coaction of its three components. It has anti-allergic, cough suppressant and decongestant properties.
- Dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant. It acts on a certain part of cough center or brain and reduces the cough.
- Phenylephrine is a nasal decongestant. It works by reducing the swelling of blood vessels of nasal passage by constricting the blood vessels and thereby relieves nasal congestion or blockage.
- Chlorpheniramine is an anti-allergic agent. It helps in relieving symptoms of allergy. It works by blocking the release of certain natural substance histamine, which is responsible for allergic symptoms. Histamine is produced when the body detects any foreign substance....
Interactions of CHERICOF SYRUP 100ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Chericof should not be consumed with or at least after 2 weeks of consumption of certain medicines used for the treatment of brain-related disorders such as isocarboxazid, phenelzine, selegiline etc.
- Medicines used to treat infections (antibiotics) like linezolid and medicine used to relax the muscles like oxazepam, baclofen should not be taken along with chericof syrup.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions I need to take while taking Chericof syrup?
Q: Is Chericof junior syrup and Chericof syrup the same?
Q: Does Chericof syrup contain steroids?
Q: What is Chericof syrup used for?
Q: What is the difference between Chericof syrup and Chericof LS syrup?
Q: Will Chericof syrup make me feel sleepy?
Q: I have had an overactive thyroid for the last 12 years, can I use Chericof syrup?
Q: Is Chericof syrup an antibiotic?
Q: What is the composition of Chericof syrup?
Q: Is Chericof syrup habit-forming or addictive?
Q: What are the side effects of taking Chericof syrup?
Q: Will Chericof Syrup be more effective if taken in more than recommended dose?
- CDSCO - Chlorpheniramine+Phenylepinephrine+ Dextromethorphan [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 10 August 2022]
- Tordex Cough syrup [Internet]. Torquepharma.com. 2022 [cited 10 August 2022]
- Chlorpheniramine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 10 August 2022]
- Dextromethorphan: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 10 August 2022]
- Phenylepinephrine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 10 August 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
- Chericof Cherry Flavour Bottle Of 100 Ml Syrup
- Chericof 12 Cherry Flavour Bottle Of 60 Ml Suspension
- Chericof Junior Syrup 60 Ml
- Chericof Cherri Flavour Syrup 60 Ml
- Chericof Sf Bottle Of 100 Ml Syrup
- Chericof Ls Junior Bottle Of 60 Ml Syrup
- Chericof Herbal Syrup 100 Ml
- Chericof Herbal Syrup 60 Ml
- Chericof Syrup 60 Ml
- Chericof Sofgels