Chericof Syrup 100ml
By SUN PHARMA
100ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Chericof syrup is used for temporary relief from cough, throat irritation, sneezing & a stuffed nose due to an allergy or cold. It is a combination medicine containing chlorpheniramine, dextromethorph
an and phenylephrine. It works by reducing the symptoms of allergies, cough and nasal congestion or blockage due to allergy. Chericof syrup should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed....
Uses of Chericof Syrup 100ml
Chericof syrup is used for relieving cough, throat irritation, sneezing, watery eyes, runny or stuffed nose due to cold and allergy.
Contraindications of Chericof Syrup 100ml
- If you have known allergy to Chlorpheniramine, Dextromethorphan and Phenylephrine or any ingredient of Chericof syrup.
- If you are suffering from high blood pressure, heart-related disorders such as incidences of heart attack and blockage.
- If you have serious airway related infection or asthma (this syrup should not be used for relieving cough due to asthma attacks).
- If you have over active thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism)
- If you should only take this syrup if you are taking medicines to treat brain-related disorders.
- If you are suffering from a urinary retention problem or an eye disorder called glaucoma.
- This syrup is not meant to be used in children and breastfeeding women.
Side effects of Chericof Syrup 100ml
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Chericof Syrup 100ml
Can I take Chericof syrup during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before taking this syrup as there is no safety information available on the use of Chericof syrup in pregnancy.
Can I take Chericof syrup while breastfeeding?
Chericof syrup should not be used by breastfeeding women, please consult your doctor before using it.
Can I drive if I have consumed Chericof syrup?
You may feel dizzy or drowsy after taking Chericof syrup. It's better to not drive or operate any machinery if you feel such symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Chericof syrup?
Alcohol consumption along with Chericof syrup can make you feel more dizzy and drowsy. Better limit or avoid alcoholic beverages during the treatment and discuss it with your doctor if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from asthma or airway infection or disorder or wet cough.
- You have a blockage in the stomach or intestine or any part of your digestive tract.
- You have any kind of heart disorder, blockage, high blood pressure or irregular heartbeats.
- You have liver or kidney disease or ulcers in the stomach or intestine.
- You are suffering from an eye disorder called glaucoma (increased pressure in eye).
- You have an enlarged prostate gland (BPH) or experience difficulty in urination.
- You have a thyroid-related disorder or a tumor in the adrenal gland (Pheochromocytoma).
Mode of Action of Chericof Syrup 100ml
How Does It Work?
- Chericof syrup works by coaction of its three components. It has anti-allergic, cough suppressant and decongestant properties.
- Dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant. It acts on a certain part of cough center or brain and reduces the cough.
- Phenylephrine is a nasal decongestant. It works by reducing the swelling of blood vessels of nasal passage by constricting the blood vessels and thereby relieves nasal congestion or blockage.
- Chlorpheniramine is an anti-allergic agent. It helps in relieving symptoms of allergy. It works by blocking the release of certain natural substance histamine, which is responsible for allergic symptoms. Histamine is produced when the body detects any foreign substance....Read more
Directions for Use of Chericof Syrup 100ml
- Take Chericof syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Read the instructions on the label before usage.
- Use a measuring spoon or cup for exact quantities.
- Do not consume Chericof syrup directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Chericof Syrup 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Chericof should not be consumed with or at least after 2 weeks of consumption of certain medicines used for the treatment of brain-related disorders such as isocarboxazid, phenelzine, selegiline etc.
- Medicines used to treat infections (antibiotics) like linezolid and medicine used to relax the muscles like oxazepam, baclofen should not be taken along with chericof syrup.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Chericof Syrup 100ml
- Store Chericof syrup at room temperature.
- Keep it away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Chericof Syrup 100ml
Symptoms of overdose of Chericof can be agitation, confusion, fits, drowsiness, flusing and twitching of muscles. If you think you have taken too much of Chericof syrup contact your doctor immediately
or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of Chericof syrup, take the next dose as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedul
e. Do not take a double dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions do I need to take while taking Chericof syrup?
A: Chericof syrup may contain sugar or alcohol as addictive. It is advised to tell your health condition to the doctor if you are suffering from diabetes, dependency on alcohol or suffering from liver disease.
Q: Is Chericof junior syrup and Chericof syrup same?
A: No, both the syrup varies in the strength of its ingredients. Chericof junior syrup contains half of the strength of Chericof syrup and its meant to be used in children. Chericof syrup is meant for use in adults and should never be used in children.
Q: Does Chericof syrup contain steroids?
A: No, it does not contain any steroidal component.
Q: What is Chericof syrup used for?
A: Chericof syrup is used for temporary relief from cough and allergic symptoms such as sneezing, watery eyes, nasal blockage due to an allergy or cold.
Q: What is the diffenerce between Chericof syrup and Chericof LS syrup?
A: Chericof syrup and Chericof Ls syrup vary in their composition and usage. Chericof syrup is used for relieving cough and allergic symptoms due to an allergy or cold and it has three ingredients namely Chlorpheniramine, Phenyephrine and Dextromethorphan. However, Chericof LS is used for relieving symptoms of bronchospasm such as coughing, sneezing, breathlessness, chest tightness, breathing difficulties in conditions such as asthma and airway disorders. Chericof LS contains Ambroxol, Levosalbutamol and Guaifenesin as main ingredients.
Q: Will Chericof syrup make me feel sleepy ?
A: You may feel drowsy after taking this medicine. Please consult your doctor before use.
Q: I have over active thryoid since last 12 years, can I use Chericof syrup?
A: No, Chericof syrup is contraindicated if you have an overactive thyroid. Please avoid self-medication and consult your doctor before use.
Q: Is Chericof syrup an antibiotic?
A: No, Chericof syrup is not an antibiotic, it is an antihistamine that relieves ough and allergic symptoms such as sneezing, watery eyes, nasal blockage due to an allergy or cold.
- CDSCO - Chlorpheniramine+Phenylepinephrine+ Dextromethorphan [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 16 August 2021]
- Tordex Cough syrup [Internet]. Torquepharma.com. 2021 [cited 16 August 2021]
- Chlorpheniramine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 16 August 2021]
- Dextromethorphan: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 16 August 2021]
- Phenylepinephrine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 16 August 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹14.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Dextromethorphan(10.0 Mg),Phenylephrine(5.0 Mg),Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(2.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Cough and nasal congestion|
|Side effects||Dry mouth, nausea|
Last Updated on: 18 Aug 2021 | 11:32 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved