Candid Mouth Paint 25ml
By GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS
25ml Mouth Paint in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Candid Mouth paint is a topical antifungal medicine that contains clotrimazole as its active ingredient. It is used to treat fungal infections of the oral cavity (oral thrush). However, accidental ingestion does not cause any harmful effects, as it is totally safe. Do not use it if you are allergic to any of its components. Use it as directed by the doctor or pharmacist. Do not use it more than that prescribed by the doctor and complete the entire course of the treatment. It is advised to avoid eating or drinking at least 30 minutes after applying the Candid Mouth paint.
Uses of Candid Mouth Paint 25ml
- Candid Mouth paint is used in the treatment of oropharyngeal candidiasis (a kind of fungal infection in the mouth and throat).
Contraindications of Candid Mouth Paint 25ml
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients of the Candid Mouth paint.
Side effects of Candid Mouth Paint 25ml
- Swallowing or/and breathing problems.
- Application site reactions (uncommon).
- Swelling of the face, throat, lips or tongue.
- Feeling dizzy or faint.
Precautions and Warnings of Candid Mouth Paint 25ml
Can I use the Candid Mouth paint during pregnancy?
It is mostly safe to be used during pregnancy but consult your physician before using it.
Can I use the Candid Mouth paint while breastfeeding?
It generally does not affect the breastfed infant. However, it should be used during breastfeeding, only if it is prescribed by your physician.
Can I drive if I have used the Candid Mouth paint?
Candid Mouth paint does not affect the ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with the Candid Mouth paint?
Although there is no known interaction of alcohol along with this medicine. However, you should avoid consuming alcohol if you have any mouth ulcers, as it may make the ulcers more painful.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Candid Mouth paint should not be used if there is an allergic reaction known to imidazoles.
- Consult your doctor before using the Candid Mouth paint if you have AIDS, diabetes mellitus or liver disease.
- Don’t swallow the mouth paint.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Do not use the Candid Mouth paint for any other conditions other than that prescribed by your doctor.
Mode of Action of Candid Mouth Paint 25ml
How Does It Work?
Candid Mouth paint targets fungal cells by altering the cell wall permeability. It acts by inhibiting the enzyme that is essential in fungal cell membrane synthesis. Thus, preventing the fungi from multiplying. This eventually results in fungal death due to an incomplete cell membrane.
Directions for Use of Candid Mouth Paint 25ml
- Use Candid Mouth paint as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly on the infected area.
- Wash your hands before and after applying the gel.
- Take a small amount of this medicine onto your fingertip or a cotton bud and apply a thin layer on the affected area.
- You should not eat or drink anything for 30 minutes after applying this paint.
Interactions of Candid Mouth Paint 25ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Since the Candid Mouth paint is to be used topically, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should tell your doctor if you are taking other medicines, herbal preparations or supplements. Especially, if you are on medicines containing tacrolimus or sirolimus, antifungals, antidiabetic medicines, steroids and anti-asthmatic medicines such as salbutamol, etc.Read less
- Avoid the application of any other topical products (ointment, gel, etc.) after the application of the Candid Mouth paint to avoid any possible side effects. Also, please consult your doctor before using any other medicines.Read less
Storage and disposal of Candid Mouth Paint 25ml
- Store the medication at room temperature and away from excess moisture and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Candid Mouth Paint 25ml
- As the Candid Mouth paint is meant for topical application, cases of an overdose are unlikely. However, if you feel any discomfort like dizziness, vomiting and nausea in case of accidental oral consumption, contact your doctor immediately.Read less
Missed a Dose
In case of a missed dose, use this medicine as early as you remember. However, if it is the time of the next application as per the schedule, then skip the missed application. It is recommended not to miss your Candid Mouth paint dosage as it can result in the failure of the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are there any precautions to be taken before starting the treatment with Candid Mouth paint?
A: Before using this drug, inform your doctor if you have liver disease, diabetes mellitus, alcoholism or AIDS.
Q: What should I know regarding the storage of this medication?
A: Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture.
Q: Should I use the mouth paint on an empty stomach?
A: The medicine is absorbed through the inner mucosa of the mouth and its effectiveness does not depend on whether the stomach is empty or full. However, it should be used at a fixed time every day as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: How long does it take to show an improvement in my condition?
A: It takes about 1-2 days for the medicine to start showing its effect.
Q: For how long should I use it?
A: You should continue to use it for the exact duration as prescribed by the doctor.
Other Products from this Brand
- Candid Anti Fungal Powder Bottle Of 100 G
- Candid Dusting Anti Fungal Powder Bottle Of 50 G
- Candid Dusting Powder 120 Gm
- Candid Soap Wrap Of 125 G
- Candid Gold Powder 100 Gm
- Candid Kz Premium Soap 75 Gm
- Candid 1 Lotion 30 Ml
- Candid Tv Suspension 75 Ml
- Candid 1 Anti Fungal Gel Tube Of 15 G
- Candid Prickly Heat Powder 120 Gm
- Candid Cream 50 Gm
- Candid 1 Soap 50 Gm
- Candid Ear Drops
- Candid 1 Cream 30 Gm
Last Updated on: 28 Apr 2021 | 06:27 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat Rs.150 instant discount on HDFC Bank Debit and Credit cards
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved