Candid Ear Drops
By GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS
10ml Ear Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Candid Ear Drops contain clotrimazole and lidocaine as active components. It belongs to different classes of medicines called antifungal and anaesthetics respectively. Candid Ear Drops is used in the treatment of fungal infections in the ear and also helps in relieving pain that occurs due to infection. It is designed to be used only in the ears. It should be used exactly as recommended by your doctor. Before using Candid Ear Drops, please discuss with your doctor if you have any other ear conditions. You should not use this drop for a prolonged duration or more than the prescribed duration.
Ingredients and Benefits
- Apply the drops as per the Candid Ear Drops dosage prescribed by the physician. You can take the skipped dose when you recollect it.
- Do not overuse this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Uses of Candid Ear Drops
- Candid Ear Drops is indicated for the treatment of fungal infections that affect the ears (otomycosis). It also gives relief in pain associated with infection in the ears.
Contraindications of Candid Ear Drops
If you are allergic to Candid Ear Drops or any other components of this medicine.
Side effects of Candid Ear Drops
- Irritation, itching or burning sensation in the ear
- Difficulty in swallowing and breathing
- Local allergic reaction like itching, swelling on the face
Precautions and Warnings of Candid Ear Drops
Can I use Candid Ear Drops during pregnancy?
Use of Candid Ear Drops during pregnancy is not recommended as there is limited information about the effects on pregnant women. Please consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I use Candid Ear Drops while breastfeeding?
It is not recommended while breastfeeding as it is unknown if its components pass into breast milk. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Candid Ear Drops?
There is limited information about the effects of Candid Ear Drops on driving, but since it is meant for local application on the ear, it may not affect the hearing ability. Therefore, if you experience temporary disturbance in hearing do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Candid Ear Drops?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and Candid Ear Drops. However, you should avoid consuming alcohol as it can worsen the infection and delay healing.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any kind of medical condition like blood disorder, sensitivity to light, any other eye disorder, etc.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition after using it for a week.
- Do not use this medicine for any condition other than prescribed by your doctor.
Mode of Action of Candid Ear Drops
How Does It Work?
- Clotrimazole is an antifungal agent and stops fungal growth by altering the permeability of their cell wall.
- Lidocaine is a local anaesthetic agent that works by blocking the pain sensations temporarily and offers pain relief.
- Collectively all these medicines work more effectively by reducing the infection and pain of the ear.
Directions for Use of Candid Ear Drops
- Put 2-3 drops in either ear twice or thrice a day and continue its use as per the duration prescribed by your physician.
- Apply the medication externally.
- Do not swallow or put in areas not intended for use.
Interactions of Candid Ear Drops
Interactions with other medicines
- Candid Ear Drops is meant for local application in the ear and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine on the ear.read less
- Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine.
Storage and disposal of Candid Ear Drops
- The product must be kept in the original packaging.
- Make sure that the temperature of the storage area does not exceed 25°C.
- You need to use this within 4 weeks from first opening it.
- Do not use these drops if you notice the contents are of a different color in any way or if particles are present
Dosage of Candid Ear Drops
Missed a Dose
As Candid Ear Drops is meant for application in the ear, the cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How should I use Candid Ear Drops?
- Lean on your side with the affected ear up.
- Tilt the head towards one side and place drops in the ear canal.
- Press the container gently to avoid excess spillage.
- Use only the desired quantities and do not pour extra drops.
- Keep head tilted for 2-3 minutes to let the drops soak in the ear.
- You should wash your hands properly before and after the use of this medicine.
Q: What additional care should I take while using Candid Ear Drops?
- Avoid rubbing the infected area and keep it clean.
- Wash your hands before applying them to the ears.
- Avoid placing the tip of the dropper or nozzle to the infected ear to prevent the transfer of germs.
Q: How many drops of Candid Ear Drops I should use?
- The usual dose is 3 or 4 drops. However, it can vary among individuals depending on the underlying condition. In the case of children, 2-3 drops are suggested due to the smaller capacity of the ear canal. Therefore it is recommended to use it as prescribed by your doctor.read less
- Nulifepharma. Clotrin ear drop. [Accessed on 9.March.2021] (online)
- Pfizer. Lidocaine. [Accessed on 9.March.2021] (online)
- Lagaay. Lidocaine ear drops. [Accessed on 9.March.2021] (online)
- Emc. Canesten solution. [Accessed on 9.March.2021] (online)
- Webmd. Lidocain topical. [Accessed on 9.March.2021] (online)
Other Products from this Brand
- Candid Anti Fungal Powder Bottle Of 100 G
- Candid Dusting Anti Fungal Powder Bottle Of 50 G
- Candid Soap Wrap Of 125 G
- Candid 1 Lotion 30 Ml
- Candid 1 Anti Fungal Gel Tube Of 15 G
- Candid Cream 50 Gm
- Candid 1 Cream 30 Gm
- Candid Mouth Paint 25 Ml
- Candid 1 Soap 50 Gm
- Candid Mouth Paint 20 Ml
- Candid Mouth Paint 15 Ml
- Candid 1 Tube Of 20 Gm Cream
- Candid Mouth Gel
- Candid 1 Spray 50 Ml
Last Updated on: 13 Mar 2021 | 06:26 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Upto Rs.300 Cashback on ICICI Debit & Credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved