Brinzotim Eye Drops 5ml
By SUN PHARMA
5ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Brinzotim Eye Drop contains Brinzolamide and Timolol as active medicines. Together both these components work to treat conditions like glaucoma where there is increased pressure in eyes and which can
not be controlled by a single medicine. Use Brinzotim as prescribed by your doctor for stated duration....
Uses of Brinzotim Eye Drops 5ml
Brinzotim Eye Drop is used for the treatment of increased pressure in the eyes (glaucoma, ocular hypertension).
Contraindications of Brinzotim Eye Drops 5ml
- If you are allergic to Brinzolamide, Timolol or any other ingredient of Brinzotim Eye Drop.
- If you have known allergy to medicines of the sulphonamide group.
- If you are allergic to certain blood pressure-lowering medicines (beta-blocker group).
- If you have breathing-related disorders (asthma, COPD).
- If you are suffering from serious heart disease (heart failure, shock, second or third-degree heart block, sick sinus syndrome, sinus bradycardia).
- If you have a severe allergy of the nose (allergic rhinitis).
- If you suffer from serious kidney disorder.
- If the acid level of your blood remains high (hyperchloremic acidosis).
Side effects of Brinzotim Eye Drops 5ml
- Burning, itching or pain in eyes
- Blurred vision (for a short time just after instilling the drops)
- Altered taste
- Dry mouth
- Slow heart rate
Precautions and Warnings of Brinzotim Eye Drops 5ml
Can I use Brinzotim Eye Drop during pregnancy?
You should not use Brinzotim Eye Drop if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant. Consult your doctor and look for safer options.
Can I use Brinzotim Eye Drop while breastfeeding?
You should not use Brinzotim Eye Drop if you are a breastfeeding mother. Discuss with your doctor whether you stop breastfeeding if this medicine is prescribed to you.
Can I drive if I have instilled Brinzotim Eye Drop?
Brinzotim Eye Drop may cause reduced alertness and blurred vision (temporary). Drive only if you feel completely alert and your vision is clear.
Can I consume alcohol with Brinzotim Eye Drop?
It is not advised to consume alcohol while using Brinzotim Eye Drop, as it may lead to worsening of certain side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have dry eyes or any other problem related to the eyes.
- You are scheduled for any operation.
- You wear contact lenses.
- You have breathing difficulty.
- Poor circulation of blood (Raynaud's phenomenon).
- You have a history of allergies or if you are diabetic.
- You suffer from thyroid, liver, kidney or heart-related disorder.
- You have muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
Mode of Action of Brinzotim Eye Drops 5ml
How Does It Work?
- The normal pressure of eyes is maintained by a fluid called aqueous humour present in our eyes. In case of excessive production or obstruction in outflow of this fluid, pressure in eyes rises, leadingto a condition called glaucoma....Read more
- Brinzotim Eye Drop is a combination of two medicines, Brinzolamide and Timolol, which lower the pressure of eyes by reducing the production and increasing the outflow of aqueous humour.
Directions for Use of Brinzotim Eye Drops 5ml
- Use Brinzotim Eye Drop as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss an application.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after instilling.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper. Keep the dropper clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
Interactions of Brinzotim Eye Drops 5ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of oral tablets containing same or similar medicines as Brinzolamide and Timolol should be done judiciously, as it may add up to the side effects caused by the medicine.
- Antifungal and antiviral medicines should be given with caution.
- Blood pressure-lowering medicines and medicines for heart diseases should be administered wisely.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any interactions.
Storage and disposal of Brinzotim Eye Drops 5ml
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Brinzotim Eye Drops 5ml
In case you happen to instil more than the prescribed dose of Brinzotim Eye Drops, immediately rinse your eyes with clean water. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or
visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed instilling Brinzotim Eye Drop drops, instil it as soon as possible. Do not over-apply this medicine just to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Brinzotim Eye Drop for an ear infection?
A: No, Brinzotim Eye Drop is meant to be used as an eye drop. Do not use it for ears. Consult your doctor for the problem in your ears.
Q: I have been prescribed 3 eye drops by my doctor. Can I use them all together?
A: If you have been prescribed multiple eye drops or ointments, make sure you give a gap of 15 to 20 minutes between the application of each.
Q: Can Brinzotim Eye Drop cause blindness?
A: Brinzotim Eye Drop will not cause blindness but do not self-medicate. Use this medicine on doctor's prescription only.
Q: Can I use Brinzotim Eye Drop while wearing my contact lenses?
A: Do not use this medicine while you are wearing contact lenses. If your doctor has allowed you to use lenses, remove contact lenses before instillation of Brinzotim Eye Drop and wait at least 15 minutes or more before reinsertion. A component of this eye drop (Benzalkonium chloride) is known to discolour soft contact lenses.
Last Updated on: 19 Mar 2021 | 04:10 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved