Brakke Strip Of 10 Tablets
By FRANCO INDIAN PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Brakke Tablet is a combination medicine that contains Ofloxacin and Ornidazole, an antibiotic. You may experience certain adverse reactions like nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, headache on taking this
medicine. The side effects are usually short-lived and mild, in case you experience severe side effects, it is advised that you should visit your doctor. For individuals suffering from rhythmic disturbance of the heart, an electrolytic imbalance in the elderly, patients with kidney disease, disease of the stomach and intestine and disorders of the central nervous system, pregnant women should use this medicine with caution. Consume healthy food and refrain from drinking alcohol while you are on this medicine. Please inform your doctor about your health condition before beginning with this medicine....
Uses of Brakke Strip Of 10 Tablets
- To treat diarrhoea of mixed infection found only in adults.
Contraindications of Brakke Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone.
- If you have a history of fits (epilepsy).
- If you have problems related to the tendon (tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis).
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding.
- If your age is less than 18 years.
- If you have Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells) or a family history of this deficiency.
Side effects of Brakke Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Sleep disturbance
- Disturbance in attention
- Altered mental state
- Stomach ache
- Low blood sugar
- Tendon disorders like tendon rupture(serious)
Precautions and Warnings of Brakke Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take the Brakke Tablet during pregnancy?
- It is preferable to avoid Brakke Tablet if you are pregnant, think you might be pregnant or are planning to have a baby as this medicine may harm your baby.
- If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor.
Can I take the Brakke Tablet while breastfeeding?
It can pass into human breast milk and can harm your child. Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Brakke Tablet?
You may experience sleepiness, dizziness, visual disturbance, poor coordination, vertigo, temporary loss of consciousness, rigidity or impairment of skills. It is advisable not to drive if you experience such symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Brakke Tablet?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment as it may worsen the side effect like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you feel strain/ pain on tendons (tendinitis), immediately stop this medicine, do not move the joint and inform your doctor immediately.
- If you are experiencing continuous or bloody diarrhoea.
- If you have diabetes, your blood glucose can drop when you are on this medicine.
- If you have myasthenia gravis, this medicine can worsen it.
- If you experience negative self-harming thoughts, immediately inform your doctor.
- If you experience fits or have a history of fits.
- If you feel restlessness, light-headedness, confusion or hallucinations.
- If you feel allergic reactions like fever or rashes.
- If you have a kidney problem or heart problem.
- If you have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells).
Mode of Action of Brakke Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Ofloxacin works by inhibiting the growth of bacteria and Ornidazole kills the bacteria, helping to control bacterial infections.
Directions for Use of Brakke Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take this medicine as directed by your doctor.
- Take the tablet as a whole, do not break or crush the tablet.
- Check the expiry date before use.
Interactions of Brakke Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine contains Ofloxacin and Ornidazole. Any interaction which is seen with any of these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too.
- Medicines used to treat acidity (antacids) like Sucralfate, antacids containing calcium and magnesium should not be taken two hours before or after this medicine.
- Medicines used to treat a certain type of stomach ulcers like Cimetidine.
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation (NSAID's) can increase the chance of fits.
- Medicines used to treat asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) like Theophylline.
- Increased chances of bleeding if taken along with Warfarin.
- Blood sugar can drop if you are on insulin, Glibenclamide and thus careful monitoring of blood glucose is needed.
- Medicines used to treat mood disorders like Lithium.
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy (antiepileptic) like Phenytoin and Phenobarbital.
Storage and disposal of Brakke Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Dispose of the medicine appropriately if it has passed the expiry date.
Dosage of Brakke Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Symptoms of overdose include drowsiness, hot and cold flashes, nausea, dizziness, facial swelling, numbness, slurring of speech and disorientation.
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose o
f medicine to compensate for the missed one. It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can fail therapy....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I avoid while taking this medicine?
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
- Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- Avoid dehydration by having plenty of fluids.
Q: For how many days do I need to take this medicine?
A: Take this medicine as per your doctor's prescribed duration. Though you may feel better after a few doses, you must complete the course or the infection may reoccur.
Q: Should I take this medicine empty stomach or with food?
A: You can take this medicine after having your food in dosage as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take more than recommended dosage.
Q: Is this medicine addictive?
A: No, this medicine is not addictive.
Q: Does Oflomac Oz tablet cause diarrhoea?
- No, This tablet used to treat diarrhoea caused by bacterial infection in adults.
Q: Who should not take this tablet?
- Individuals who are allergic to the active ingredient. If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine, are allergic to the class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone.
- Patients who have a history of fits (epilepsy), who have problems related to the tendon (tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis), who are suffering from Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells) or a family history of this deficiency....Read more
- This tablet is not recommended in women who are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding, and children
- less than 18 years.
Q: Why did my doctor advise me to protect myself from sun while taking this medicine?
- Brakke Tablet will increase your sensitivity to light especially sunlight. Thus, it is advised that you avoid exposing yourself to the sun while taking this medicine. Use appropriate sunscreen, and protective clothing and accessories while going out in sun....Read more
Last Updated on: 19 Apr 2021 | 07:02 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved