Axcer 90mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
By SUN PHARMA
14 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Axcer 90mg tablet is used to reduce heart-related conditions such as heart failure in patients with preexisting heart conditions. It contains ticagrelor, as the main ingredient. It is commonly known as a blood thinner or antiplatelet medicine. Ticagrelor is known to prevent the formation of new blood clots, thus aids in smooth blood flow through the vessels. Take Axcer 90 as prescribed by your doctor for the prescribed duration. Never miss the dose of this medicine. You may experience bleeding, difficulty in bleeding, headache while on this medicine. If these symptoms worsen, reach out to the nearest doctor or clinic. Avoid contact with sharp objects as it can lead to excessive bleeding such as knife, blade, scissor, axe, etc....
|You Save||₹75.60 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Prevent blood clot|
|Side effects||Bleeding, increased uric acid, difficulty in breathing, nausea|
Check more medicines with composition as Ticagrelor(90.0 Mg)
Uses of Axcer 90 MG
Axcer 90mg tablet is used to prevent heart attack, reduce the risk of stroke in patients having a history of heart attack or chest pain and prevent blocking of the stent with a blood clot in patients who have stents inserted....
Contraindications of Axcer 90 MG
- If you are allergic to ticagrelor or any other ingredients of Axcer 90mg tablet.
- If you have any active bleeding.
- If you have a history of intracranial bleeding or bleeding from ulcers in the stomach or intestine.
- If you are not being restricted to take aspirin.
- If you are already taking certain medications such as ketoconazole, clarithromycin (antibiotics), antidepressants, anti-viral medicines, etc.
Side effects of Axcer 90 MG
- Blood disorder bleedings
- Increased uric acid (Hyperuricemia)
- Difficulty in breathing
- Decreased blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Axcer 90 MG
Can I take Axcer 90mg tablet during pregnancy?
It should not be used during pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. Thus it is not recommended to use Axcer 90mg tablet if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant. Women should use appropriate contraceptive measures to avoid pregnancy while taking this medicine.
Can I take Axcer 90mg tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of Axcer 90 pass into the breastmilk in small amounts and may affect the breastfed baby. A breastfeeding mother should take this medicine only under the doctor's recommendation. If prescribed, then close monitoring of the breastfed infant is advised for the symptoms of bruising and bleeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Axcer 90mg tablet?
Generally, ticagrelor does not affect the ability to drive, but if you feel confused or dizzy after taking Axcer 90, do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Axcer 90mg tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol while undergoing treatment with Axcer 90 as it increases the risk of bleeding from the intestine and stomach.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a bleeding disorder or any active bleeding.
- You have surgery planned.
- You have any liver or heart condition.
- You have kidney disease characterised by increased creatinine levels.
- You experience any other side effects while on this medicine.
- Your doctor may ask you to undergo a routine serum uric acid check-up.
- Sudden stoppage of this medicine can increase the risk of heart attack or stroke.
Mode of Action of Axcer 90 MG
How Does It Work?
Ticagrelor is an antiplatelet medicine. It prevents the formation of a blood clot by not allowing the platelets to stick together in the blood. This prevents clot formation and blockage of important vessels in the heart or other parts of the body....
Directions for Use of Axcer 90 MG
Axcer 90mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Axcer 90 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Axcer 90mg tablet if taken at the same time. Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder. ...
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for tuberculosis, fits, fungal infections, anti-HIV medicine like ritonavir, antibiotics like clarithromycin, painkillers, etc.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are anti-hypertensive medicines, medicines for heart-related diseases, immunosuppressants, etc.
Storage and disposal of Axcer 90 MG
Store at a temperature below 25°C in a cool, dry place. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Axcer 90 MG
Excess ingestion of Axcer 90mg tablet may cause excessive bleeding from different parts of the body. If you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
Take Axcer 90mg tablet as soon as you remember if you have missed a dose. If the missed dose falls at the time of your next scheduled dose, then skip it. Do not make up for the missed dose by taking a double dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What else should I avoid while taking Axcer 90mg tablet?
A: Avoid activities that can result in injury and bleeding. Take extra care while brushing your teeth or shaving. Individuals are advised to take proper precautions while handling sharp objects or heavy tools, as uncontrolled bleeding and weakness are the common side effects of this medicine.
Q: Is it safe to take Axcer 90mg tablet during menstruation?
A: Axcer 90mg tablet dosage during menstruation may result in heavy and lasting bleeding. Therefore, a consultation is advised before taking the medicine.
Q: Does the use of Axcer 90mg tablet increase the risk of bleeding?
A: This medicine increases the risk of bleeding. Always be careful while doing any activity that may cause injury or bleeding. Tell your doctor immediately if you notice any abnormal bruising or bleeding.
Q: Do blood thinners cause shortness of breath?
A: Apart from bleeding-related issues, several other side effects are linked with blood thinners such as nausea and low cell counts in the blood. Low blood cell count can cause fatigue, weakness, dizziness and shortness of breath. Be careful while mixing medications.
Q: Can you ever stop taking the Axcer 90mg Tablet?
A: Do not stop taking the Axcer 90mg Tablet without first consulting your doctor. If you stop taking this medicine due to bleeding or other reasons, there may be an increased risk of heart attack or stroke. Your doctor may advise you to stop taking this medicine 5 days before surgery.
Q: Is Brillinta 90 and Axcer 90 same?
A: Yes, both medicine has the same active ingredient which is ticagrelor, only the brand is different.
Q: When should I take Axcer 90?
A: Axcer 90 can be taken either after or before a meal as advised by the doctor, preferably at the same time each day.
Q: What is the use of Axcer 90?
A: Axcer 90 is an antiplatelet medicine that is used to prevent heart attack, reduce the risk of stroke in patients having a history of heart attack or chest pain. This medicine basically inhibit the formation of a blood clot by not allowing the platelets to stick together in the blood and reduce the risk of stroke, and heart attack.
Q: What are the side effects of Axcer 90?
A: Increased uric acid, dizziness, headache, decreased blood pressure, diarrhoea etc. are a few common side effects of this medicine. However, these symptoms usually resolve with time. If any of these symptoms persist for long, inform your doctor immediately.
Q: What is mechanism of action of Axcer?
A: Axcer 90 contains ticagrelor, as the main ingredient. Ticagrelor is an antiplatelet medicine. It prevents the formation of a blood clot by not allowing the platelets to stick together in the blood. This prevents clot formation and blockage of important vessels in the heart or other parts of the body.
- Brilique 90 mg film coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- Brilique 90 mg film coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- (LactMed) D. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.