Axcer 90mg Tabs 14's
By SUN PHARMA
14 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
The composition of Axcer 90mg Tabs 14'S is ticagrelor, which is an antiplatelet or a platelet inhibitor (platelets help in blood clotting). It is prescribed for reducing the death rate in patients with myocardial infarction and angina pectoris. It prevents forming blood clots.
Uses of Axcer 90mg Tabs 14'S
- Prevents a heart attack
- Reduces the risk of stroke in patients with a history of heart attack or chest pain
- Prevents blocking of stent with a blood clot in patients who have stents inserted
Contraindications of Axcer 90mg Tabs 14'S
- Allergic to ticagrelor
- Active bleeding anywhere in the body
- History of intracranial bleeding or bleeding from ulcer in stomach or intestine
- Patients in whom aspirin is prohibited should avoid its use
Side effects of Axcer 90mg Tabs 14'S
- Pinpoint rash on the skin
- Allergic reaction like fever, chills, rash, hives, breathing difficulty, swelling over your face, lips, throat
- Shortness of breath, and easy weakness or fatigue, fainting
- Red or pink urine; bleeding from an unusual site (mouth, nose, rectum, vagina, gums) or easy bruising; or blood in stool (red or black), cough or vomit (coffee-coloured vomit)
- Problems in speech, balance and vision
- Yellowing of the eyes or skin and anorexia (suggestive of liver problems)
- Excessive headache or sudden numbness or weakness on one side of the body indicating a stroke (serious side effect)
Precautions and Warnings of Axcer 90mg Tabs 14'S
Can I take this medicine during pregnancy?
It is not recommended during pregnancy.
Can I take Axcer 90mg Tabs 14'S while breastfeeding?
It is unknown whether this medicine passes into breast milk. Hence, consult your doctor before breastfeeding if you are on this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed this medicine?
Generally, ticagrelor does not affect the ability to drive, but if you feel confused or dizzy after taking this, do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Axcer 90mg Tabs 14'S?
Avoid consuming alcohol while undergoing treatment with this medicine as it increases the risk of bleeding from intestine and stomach.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
Sudden stoppage of this medicine can increase the risk of heart attack or stroke.
Mode of Action of Axcer 90mg Tabs 14'S
How Does It Work?
Ticagrelor prevents the formation of blood clot by not allowing the platelets to stick together in the blood. This prevents clot formation and blockage of important vessels in the heart or other parts of the body.
Directions for Use of Axcer 90mg Tabs 14'S
You must take the medicine exactly the way it is prescribed by the physician. Do not alter the dose unless recommended by your doctor. Ticagrelor can be taken with or without a meal but preferably at the same time daily. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush, or break it.
Interactions of Axcer 90mg Tabs 14'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines like naproxen, ibuprofen, and diclofenac
- Taking medicines that contain more of aspirin. Since aspirin is already advised along with ticagrelor. Consuming combination medicines that contain aspirin can cause its overdose and result in bleedingread less
- Antibiotics like clarithromycin
- Antiviral medicines (anti-HIV medicine like ritonavir and atazanavir)
- Antifungal medicines like ketoconazole
- Antiseizure medications
- Tuberculosis medicines like rifampicin
- Do not take ticagrelor if you are already taking blood thinners like warfarin
Interactions with food items
There is not any information available about any interaction of food with this medicine.
Other general Interactions
Inform your doctor before taking this medicine if you have any liver disorders, lung problem or difficulty in breathing, upcoming surgery, have high uric acid level, and had any recent bleeding or injury, surgery or dental procedure.
Storage and disposal of Axcer 90mg Tabs 14'S
Keep this medicine at room temperature, away from excessive heat and moisture. Store it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Axcer 90mg Tabs 14'S
Excess ticagrelor ingestion may cause excessive bleeding from different parts of the body. Seek emergency medical help immediately if you overdose.
Missed a Dose
Take the medicine as soon as you remember. If the missed dose falls at the time of your next scheduled dose, then skip it. Do not double a dose to catch up the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What else should I avoid while taking Axcer 90mg Tabs 14'S?
A: Avoid activities that can result in injury and bleeding. Take extra care while brushing your teeth or shaving.
Q: When will I feel better after taking this medicine?
A: This medicine reduces the risk of developing blood clots in the blood vessels of leg, lungs, heart, and brain. You may not feel any difference as such after taking this medicine. Please continue taking this medicine as prescribed by your doctor because you will still be getting its full benefits.
Q: Does the use of Axcer 90mg Tabs 14'S increase the risk of bleeding?
A: This medicine increases the risk of bleeding. Always be careful while doing any activity that may cause injury or bleeding. Tell your doctor immediately if you notice any abnormal bruising or bleeding.
Q: Does blood thinners cause shortness of breath?
A: Apart from bleeding related issues, several other side effects are linked with blood thinners such as nausea and low cell counts in the blood. Low blood cell count can cause fatigue, weakness, dizziness, and shortness of breath. Be careful while mixing medications.
Q: Can I take Ecosprin and Axcer 90mg Tabs 14'S together?
A: You can take both the medicines together only after your doctor's advice.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 12:59 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved