Amicon 10mg Tablet
By ICON LIFESCIENCES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Amicon 10 mg Tablet contains Amitriptyline used to treat depression, neuropathic pain, chronic tension headaches, and migraine prevention. Amicon 10 mg tablets are also used to treat bedwetting in children six and older with an organic cause, such as spina bifida (a birth defect that results from improper development of the spine and spinal cord). Amitriptyline increases the amount of certain chemicals (norepinephrine, serotonin) in your brain, improving your mood, blocking the transmission of pain signals, and reducing nerve pain. Side effects of Amicon 10 mg tablets include sleepiness, drowsiness, headaches, irregular heartbeats, dry mouth, constipation, nausea, weight gain, slurred speech, and congested nose....
|You Save||₹4.16 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Migraine, depression, neuropathic pain, bedwetting, chronic tension headache|
|Side effects||Constipation, Dryness in mouth, Increased heart rate, Nasal congestion (stuffy nose), Sleepiness, Sweating, Dizziness, Headache, Nausea, Tremor|
Check more medicines with composition as Amitriptyline(10.0 Mg)
Uses of Amicon 10 MG
- As per CDSCO, the medicine, Amicon 10 mg Tablet has its usage in
- Neuropathic pain
- Chronic tension headache
Contraindications of Amicon 10 MG
- If you are person with diabetes
- If you have a heart problem – Amicon 10 mg Tablet can make some heart problems worse
- If you have thyroid problems
- If you have pheochromocytoma (tumour of adrenal gland)
- If you have neutropenia (decreased neutrophils in blood)
- If you suffer from bone marrow suppression
- if you have epilepsy (fits)
- If you have liver or kidney problems
- If you have glaucoma (an eye disorder) – Amicon 10 mg Tablet can increase the pressure in your eye
- If you have thoughts on harming yourself and ending your life
- If you have had an allergic reaction to Amicon 10 mg Tablet or any other medicine in the past
Side effects of Amicon 10 MG
- Dryness in mouth
- Increased heart rate
- Nasal congestion (stuffy nose)
Precautions and Warnings of Amicon 10 MG
Can I take an Amicon 10 mg Tablet during pregnancy?
Amicon 10 mg Tablet is not recommended during pregnancy as the effect of this medicine on the pregnant mother is unknown.
Can I take an Amicon 10 mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not recommended to take an Amicon 10 mg Tablet during breastfeeding as there is no sufficient data about it. Hence you should always consult your doctor before consuming an Amicon 10 mg Tablet, as a small amount of the medicine passes through the milk to the infant, which may harm the infant.
Can I drive if I have taken the Amicon 10 mg Tablet?
Amicon 10 mg Tablet is not known to cause any harm or affect driving ability. However, if you experience drowsiness or dizziness while taking this medicine, avoid driving and operating heavy machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with the Amicon 10 mg Tablet?
It is not safe to consume alcohol with Amicon 10 mg Tablet as it causes some adverse effects like increased heartbeat, fainting, and heartburn.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are below 18 years of age.
- You have stopped taking medicine on your own.
- You have liver disease.
- You have kidney disease.
Mode of Action of Amicon 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Amicon 10 mg Tablet contains amitriptyline that increases the amount of certain chemicals (norepinephrine, serotonin) in your brain, improving your mood, blocking the transmission of pain signals, and reducing nerve pain....
Directions for Use of Amicon 10 MG
- Take Amicon 10 mg Tablet orally, or as directed by your physician
- The tablet is to be swallowed orally and not meant to be chewed or crushed.
- Amicon 10 mg Tablet can be taken with or without food.
Interactions of Amicon 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Antidepressants - phenelzine, iproniazid, isocarboxazid, nialamide, imipramine, and desipramine and tranylcypromine
- Anticonvulsants - gabapentin, lamotrigine, escitalopram, pregabalin, topiramate
- Anti-thyroid - levothyroxine
- Anti-anxiety - alprazolam
- Antihistamine - diphenhydramine, cetirizine
- Sedatives - zolpidem
- Painkillers - tramadol, trazodone, hydrocodone, oxycodone, acetaminophen
- Muscle relaxant - cyclobenzaprine
Storage and disposal of Amicon 10 MG
Ensure that your medicines are kept in a secure place so they are out of reach from children and pets. It is best to keep your medicines in well-ventilated rooms since heat and humidity can damage your medicines....
Dosage of Amicon 10 MG
Symptoms of overdose may include drowsiness, confusion, problems with coordination, and loss of consciousness. You may also experience symptoms of nervousness and cardiovascular systems. Seek medical help immediately....
Missed a Dose
If one misses a dose, one should take the missed dose as soon as one remembers it. If it’s time for the next dose, one should continue following a regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does an Amicon 10 mg Tablet cause weight gain? What can I do to prevent it?
A: Taking an Amicon 10 mg Tablet can cause you to gain weight because the tablets increase appetite. You should choose to eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly to maintain a healthy weight.
Q: Recently, I have been feeling the urge to harm myself, and I have been taking an Amicon 10 mg Tablet for depression. What should I do? Is it due to the medicine?
A: Consult your doctor or go to the hospital immediately if you feel suicidal. Your condition or the medicine may have caused your suicidal tendencies to increase. It generally takes about two weeks for the Amicon 10 mg Tablet to be effective, but it may take longer in some cases. It is common for someone who previously had suicidal thoughts or is a young adult (less than 25 years old) to have thoughts of self-harm or death when they take Amicon 10 mg Tablet. However, the effect of the medicine is different for each individual.
Q: Is it possible to take more than the recommended dose if my pain does not subside?
A: You should use the Amicon 10 mg Tablet strictly according to your doctor's instructions. If you exceed the recommended dose, you may develop fatigue, drowsiness, difficulty in speech, dry mouth, difficulty walking, fever, difficulty breathing, blue discolouration of the skin, and decreased heart rate. You might not immediately feel relief from your pain as Amicon 10 mg Tablet usually takes about two weeks to take effect, but it could take even longer in some cases. Treatment times can vary from individual to individual. Consult your doctor if your symptoms don't improve after two weeks..
- Praharaj SK, Arora M. Amitriptyline for clozapine-induced nocturnal enuresis and sialorrhoea. Br J Clin Pharmacol [Internet]. 2007 [cited 2022 Feb 14];63(1):128–9. Available from:
- Amitriptyline: a medicine used to treat pain and prevent migraine [Internet]. nhs.uk. [cited 2022 Feb 14]. Available from
- Gov.in. [cited 2022 Feb 14]. Available from:
- Gov.in. [cited 2022 Feb 14]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Gov.in. [cited 2022 Feb 14]. Available from:
- 6. Amitriptyline 10mg Tablets BP [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2022 Feb 14]. Available from:
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.