Otrivin Paediatric 0.05 % Nasal Drops 10 Ml
Otrivin Paediatric Nasal Drops are a nasal decongestant. It is used to relieve nasal congestion (blocked nose) in children. It is a fast-acting formula that acts in 2 minutes and provides a long-lasting relief up to 10 hours. It opens up the nasal passage by reducing excessive nasal secretions. Otrivin Paediatric Nasal Drops are applied directly to the nose.
- It opens up the nasal passages.
- Reduces excessive nasal secretions.
- Reduces swelling of blood vessels.
- Provides long-lasting relief from blocked nose.
- Acts quickly, and the effect stays longer.
It contains Xylometazoline Hydrochloride I.P. (0.05% w/v) in isotonic water. It also includes a preservative; Benzalkonium Chloride I.P. (0.01% w/v)
- Relieves nasal congestion (blocked nose due to cold) in children.
- Used to treat sinusitis (Sinus inflammation).
- Used for treating rhinitis (allergic, seasonal, or perennial).
- Treatment of cold, flu, hay fever, or other allergies.
How to Use
- Gently clean and wipe your child's nose.
- Tilt your child's head slightly back.
- Slowly put one or two drops of Otrivin Paediatric 0.05 % Nasal Drops medicine into each nostril.
- Allow your child to rest in the same position for a short period.
- Use it once or twice a day.
- Do not use it for more than five days.
- To avoid the spread of infection, use a separate bottle for your child.
- Carefully read the instructions given on the label.
- Always store Otrivin Paediatric 0.05 % Nasal Drops in a cool and dry place.
- Use within one month after opening the container.
- Keep the medicine out of reach of children.
- Use the Otrivin Paediatric 0.05 % Nasal Drops as directed by your paediatrician.
Q 1. Can I use Otrivin Adult drops for my kid?
Ans. No. You should use Otrivin Paediatric 0.05 % Nasal Drops for your kid.
Q 2. Do Otrivin Paediatric 0.05 % Nasal Drops have any side effects?
Ans. Like all other medicines, Otrivin Paediatric 0.05 % Nasal Drops may cause side effects. But not all will experience them. It may cause side effects like:
- Dryness of nose
- Irritation of nasal passage
- Burning sensation in nose and throat.
- Temporary visual disturbances
Q 3. When should Otrivin Paediatric Nasal Drops not be used?
Ans. Otrivin Paediatric Nasal Drops should not be used if your child is:
- Under the age of 6.
- Allergic to xylometazoline hydrochloride or any of the other listed ingredients.
- Have inflamed nasal passages.
- Recovery from any recent surgery.
- Suffer from any other disease like diabetes, hypertension, or enlarged prostate.
Q 4. How long should one use Otrivin Paediatric Nasal Drops?
Ans. You should use the product as directed by a paediatrician. Use the medicine twice a day. Do not use it for more than five days.
Q 5. Why does my child’s nose gets blocked?
Ans. The nose gets blocked due to cold and flu, or sinusitis, or allergies.