By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
1 Injection(s) in Dry Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Vaxirab 2.5 IU Description
Vaxirab is a vaccine containing inactivated rabies virus (Pitman Moore strain) produced on purified chick embryo cells. It can be given before or after contact with the virus, such as through animal bites, scratches, or even being licked by an infected animal, to prevent rabies infection....
|You Save||₹52.20 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
|Contains||Rabies Immunoglobulin(2.5 Iu)|
|Uses||Pre-exposure immunisation against virus, Post-exposure protection from infection|
|Side effects||Rash, general discomfort, headache, dizziness, fever|
Check more medicines with composition as Rabies Immunoglobulin(2.5 Iu)
Uses of Vaxirab 2.5 IU
- To protect from infection by rabies virus
Contraindications of Vaxirab 2.5 IU
- History of hypersensitivity to Vaxirab or any other contents of the vaccine
- Severe febrile sickness
Side effects of Vaxirab 2.5 IU
- Pain at the site of injection
- Stomach pain or discomfort
Precautions and Warnings of Vaxirab 2.5 IU
Is it safe to take the Vaxirab vaccine during pregnancy?
Controlled studies in animals or pregnant women evaluating the safety of administering the rabies vaccine are not available. It is given in life-threatening situations because the potential benefit outweighs the risks. Always consult your doctor, who can assess the risks and advice on the best vaccination schedule.
Is it safe to take the Vaxirab vaccine while breastfeeding?
Breastfeeding women who have had contact with the virus or are at a higher risk of contact with the virus can receive the immunisation. Vaccination during nursing has no negative impact on the child. Speak to your doctor if you have been exposed to the virus.
Can I drive after taking the Vaxirab vaccine?
There is insufficient data on the effect of the Vaxirab rabies vaccine on driving abilities. However, some undesirable effects such as dizziness, fatigue, pain at the injection site, and others may affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol after taking the Vaxirab vaccine?
It is unclear whether alcohol affects the efficiency of the Vaxirab vaccine. Consult your doctor before drinking alcohol after vaccination.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are sensitive to avian proteins
- You or your child are allergic to neomycin, chlortetracycline, amphotericin B, polygeline or egg and egg products, as well as other contents of this vaccine
- You or your child have fainted before or after receiving an injection previously
- You or your child are taking or plan to take any other medicines, including ones that a doctor has not prescribed
- You have a disease that needs medication
- You are at a greater risk of contracting an infection
Mode of Action of Vaxirab 2.5 IU
How Does It Work?
Vaxirab contains inactivated rabies virus produced on purified chick embryo cells. It acts by stimulating the production of two types of white blood cells in the body, lymphocytes and plasmocytes. This results in the production of Rabies virus-neutralising antibodies (RVNAs). The antibodies can defend against the rabies virus. This is referred to as active immunisation....
Directions for Use of Vaxirab 2.5 IU
- Do not inject the vaccine by yourself
- A competent nurse or doctor will administer the vaccine to you or your kid in a clinic that is well-equipped to handle any allergic reactions that may develop
- Use the vaccine within 8 hours of reconstitution
- Any directions given by the doctor or nurse regarding aftercare instructions should be followed
- Your doctor will determine whether or not you require booster shots based on your risk of contracting the rabies virus
Interactions of Vaxirab 2.5 IU
Interactions with other medicines
- Immunosuppressive agents may prevent an adequate response to the rabies vaccine from developing. Hence, it is recommended that in such cases, serological reactions be monitored and that supplemental dosages be provided as needed...
- Other inactivated vaccines such as tetanus toxoid can be used with Vaxirab. Each vaccine is administered at a distinct injection location
- Vaxirab can be combined with rabies immunoglobulin to treat rabies. It must, however, be injected at a site distant from the immunisation site
- Taking chloroquine for malaria prevention at the same time as receiving the rabies vaccine may impair antibody development
Storage and disposal of Vaxirab 2.5 IU
- Store the vaccine in a refrigerator and maintain the temperature between 2°C to 8°C. Do not put it in the freezer
- Protect the vaccine from light and store it in the outer carton in a dark place
- Use the vaccine within eight hours of reconstitution
- Place out of reach of children
- If the expiration date mentioned on the outer box has passed, do not use the vaccine
- Vaccines should not be disposed of in the wastewater. Consult your pharmacist about proper disposal options
- Any unused product or solid waste is first autoclaved at 121 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes and then incinerated
Dosage of Vaxirab 2.5 IU
There are no chances of overdose since a skilled doctor or nurse will administer the vaccine. No knowledge of the implications of overdosage is available. It is wise to consult your doctor in case of extreme discomfort or when in doubt....
Missed a Dose
If you miss a doctor's appointment for the injection, you should make another one as soon as possible after the due date.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is it necessary for everyone to get the Vaxirab vaccine?
A: Vaxirab rabies vaccine is normally recommended for people at high risk of exposure to the virus, such as lab personnel, veterinarians, people working in infected areas, animal handlers, etc. It is also recommended for people living in areas with a high incidence of rabies and those who are in frequent contact with animals.
Q: Which animals, other than dogs, get infected with rabies?
A: Besides dogs, animals such as cats, bats, foxes, wolves, monkeys, mongooses, bobcats, coyotes, etc., are susceptible to rabies infection and can transfer it to humans.
Q: Can the Vaxirab rabies vaccine protect me for a lifetime?
A: Vaxirab rabies vaccine will not provide lifetime protection against rabies. Through the antibodies it produces in the body, it can provide protection for a couple of years. However, people who are at a greater risk of infection will be required to take the vaccine repeatedly after a certain period of time. A doctor can best advise one on their requirement for a rabies vaccine.
Q: Why should one get immunized even before getting bitten or licked by an animal if additional doses are needed after contact with the virus, too?
A: If one has been immunized before exposure to the virus, the treatment post-exposure to the virus is simplified and requires between 2 to 3 additional doses for further protection against it. The person is also much less likely to develop symptoms immediately as the antibodies could provide some primary protection. This is particularly important for people working in areas with little access to medical services for post-exposure treatment.
- Package Leaflet: Information for the user [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 3 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.2502.pdf
- Vaxirab pre-filled syringe - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/2502/smpc#INDICATIONS
- Updated Summary of Product Characteristics [Internet]. Cdsco.gov.in. 2022 [cited 7 March 2022]. Available from: https://cdsco.gov.in/opencms/resources/UploadCDSCOWeb/2018/UploadSmPC/2cad.pdf
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
Papaya Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Grape Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
6 Food That Is Beneficial For Cataract Patients
5 Smart Ways To Manage Asthma
Apple Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Neem Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
10 Post-Operative Exercises For Appendix
How And Where To Inject Insulin
Who Is Most Vulnerable To The Monkeypox Virus?
Cranberry Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Most Alarming Signs & Symptoms Of Monkeypox Virus
Monkeypox Vaccine: All You Need To Know
Carrot Beetroot Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Cucumber Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Watermelon Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Lauki Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
High Cholesterol Diet – Foods To Eat & Avoid!
What Should You Know About Cholesterol Levels?
5 Diabetes Medicine Hacks That No-one Told You About
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
7 Causes Of High Cholesterol That You Should Know!
Does Having Sex Put You At Risk Of Monkeypox?
Is There Any Way To Keep Ourselves Safe From Monkeypox?
5 Yoga Asanas You Should Know To Manage Your Diabetes
Monkeypox: The Latest Disease Gripping The World
Effective Home Remedies For Vaginal Dryness
Natural Home Remedies For Stomach Ulcers
Simple Home Remedies For Skin Allergies and Rashes
Best Home Remedies For Gout
Natural Home Remedies for Arthritis
Best Home Remedies for Sunburn
Effective Home Remedies for Scabies
Natural Home Remedies For Breast Pain
Simple Home Remedies For Puffy Eyes
Natural Home Remedies For Ear Pain
Effective Home Remedies for Bee Sting
Natural Home Remedies For Good Sleep
Best Home Remedies For Smelly Armpits
Sweet Corn: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Green Chilli: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Pomegranate Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Drumstick: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Orange Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Giloy Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Pineapple Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Ash Gourd Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Lemon Water: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Carrot Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Beetroot Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Potato: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!