D Acne I 10mg Capsule
By GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
D Acne I 10mg Cap is a form of vitamin A, which contains the generic medicine isotretinoin. It is used for the treatment of acne.
Uses of D Acne I 10mg Cap
- Acne (nodular acne)
- Skin cancer
Contraindications of D Acne I 10mg Cap
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
- High levels of vitamin A
- Liver disease
- High levels of lipids (cholesterol) in blood
- Allergy to this capsule or any of its components
- Tetracyclines (a type of antibiotic)
Side effects of D Acne I 10mg Cap
- Drowsiness, dizziness or headache
- Temporary worsening of acne
- Severe allergic reactions
- Kidney problems or jaundice
- Chapped lips, dry eyes, dry mouth, dry skin, or dry nose that may lead to nosebleeds
- Abnormal hair growth
- Bleeding, redness, or swelling of the gums
- Bone pain
- Hearing problems and ringing in the ears, vision issues
- Severe psychological disturbances including suicidal tendencies
- Stomach and pancreas problems
- Growth problems in children
Precautions and Warnings of D Acne I 10mg Cap
Can I take D Acne I 10mg Cap during pregnancy?
Avoid using this medicine if you are pregnant as it is dangerous for the foetus.
Can I take this medicine while breastfeeding?
Do not use this medicine while breastfeeding as it is known to pass into the breastmilk.
Can I drive if I have consumed this medicine?
The usage of this medicine may result in side effects that affect your coordination. If you experience any dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive or operate tools and machines.
Can I consume alcohol with this medicine?
The consumption of alcohol must be avoided as it is unsafe and may lead to severe side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You wish to administer this medicine to a child
- You wish to alter or stop this medicine
- You have completed your course
Mode of Action of D Acne I 10mg Cap
How Does It Work?
D Acne I 10mg Cap composition contains isotretinoin, which reduces the secretion of oil by the oil glands on the skin and helps renew the skin quickly.
Directions for Use of D Acne I 10mg Cap
- Administer this medication as prescribed by your doctor
- Do not overdose yourself with this medicine
- This medicine is for oral use only
- Swallow this medicine whole with water
- Do not chew, crush or break this medicine
- Do not recommend this medicine to anyone
- Avoid using this medicine without your doctor's prescription
Interactions of D Acne I 10mg Cap
Interactions with other medicines
- Contraceptive pills
- Forms of Vitamin A
- Anticonvulsion medicines
Interactions with food items
D Acne I 10mg Cap for nodular acne is not known to have any interactions with food; however, it is best to avoid oily and junk food.
Other general Interactions
- Liver disease
- High cholesterol
- High levels of vitamin A
Storage and disposal of D Acne I 10mg Cap
- Keep this medication away from the reach of children
- Do not use this medicine past the expiration date mentioned on it
- Store this medicine in a closed container
- Store this medicine at room temperatures not exceeding 25 degrees celsius
- This medicine does not need any special storage conditions
- Follow medical waste management protocol while disposing of this medicine
Dosage of D Acne I 10mg Cap
The dosage of D Acne I 10mg Cap is for a prescribed course of a set duration. Avoid taking too much of this medicine as it may result in various side effects associated with this medicine. In case of an overdose, seek immediate medical attention.
Missed a Dose
Avoid missing a dose. If you miss a dose, it is advisable to skip the missed dose and take the following scheduled dose. Do not make up for the missed dose with a double dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What information should I provide my healthcare provider before starting to use this medicine?
A: Kindly provide information such as your complete medical history, liver disorders, and if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Q: What is the age limit for the use of this medicine?
A: This medicine can only be used by adults and children above 12 years of age. Do not administer this medicine to children less than 12 years of age.
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions with the use of this medicine?
A: Avoid oily foods while using this medicine; consult your doctor for more details.
Q: Can I buy this medicine over the counter?
A: No, this medicine is not available over the counter. Kindly produce a valid doctor's prescription during the purchase of this medication.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 09:23 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved