Azulix 1mg Tablet
Azulix 1 MG Description
Azulix 1 mg tablet is used for type 2 diabetes mellitus when diet & exercise alone are not able to control your blood sugar levels. It contains glimepiride, an anti-diabetic medicine. Avoid taking th
e Azulix 1 mg tablet if you are allergic to it, have any liver or kidney diseases or have type 1 diabetes. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. This medicine should be taken after having your food. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting the Azulix 1 mg tablet.
- Trueride 1mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 25.00₹ 21.2543% CHEAPER₹ 2.13/Tablet
- Glimda 1mg TabletBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 40.32₹ 28.2225% CHEAPER₹ 2.82/Tablet
- Glador 1mg Tablets 15'sBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 65.99₹ 56.091% CHEAPER₹ 3.74/Tablet
- Amaryl 1mg Tablets 30`sBy Sanofi30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 133.81₹ 113.74₹ 3.79/Tablet
- Glimy 1mg Strip Of 14 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd14 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 62.07₹ 52.76₹ 3.77/Tablet
- Gp 1mg TabletBy Usv Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 44.69₹ 37.99₹ 3.8/Tablet
- Zoryl 1mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 67.03₹ 56.98₹ 3.8/Tablet
- Glimestar 1mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 29.90₹ 25.4132% CHEAPER₹ 2.54/Tablet
- K Glim 1mg Tablets 15'sBy Blue Cross Laboratories Private Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 22.00₹ 18.7066% CHEAPER₹ 1.25/Tablet
- Glimer 1mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 60.37₹ 51.319% CHEAPER₹ 3.42/Tablet
Uses of Azulix 1 MG
Contraindications of Azulix 1 MG
- If you are allergic to glimepiride or Sulfonylureas or Sulfonamides or any other ingredients of Azulix 1 mg tablet.
- If you have Type 1 diabetes.
- If you have some of the following signs like fatigue, nausea, frequent urination and muscle stiffness (due to diabetic ketoacidosis).
- If you have severe kidney or liver disease.
Side effects of Azulix 1 MG
- Low blood sugar level (hypoglycaemia)
Precautions and Warnings of Azulix 1 MG
- Glimepiride may pass into breast milk and should not be taken during breastfeeding.
- If you are on Azulix 1 mg tablet (prescribed by a physician), then monitor your breastfed baby for signs of low blood glucose levels such as irritation, sleepiness, poor feeding, fits, low body temperature....
- Azulix 1 mg tablet can cause low blood sugar levels which can lead to drowsiness, unconsciousness, confusion. These can be dangerous while driving.
- Consult your doctor whether you can drive a car if you have frequent episodes of hypoglycaemia.
- Keep a juice or a bar of chocolate in the car close to you while driving, in case you start feeling any of the above symptoms of hypoglycaemia, immediately drink the juice or eat the chocolate bar.
Other General Warnings
- You experience extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness and reaction time, confusion, shakiness, dizziness. These could be signs of low blood sugar. If you have any of these, immediately have sugar or sweet juice....
- You are suffering from severe liver disease or kidney disease.
- You have G6PD deficiency, and Glimepiride can cause hemolytic anaemia (destruction of red blood cells).
- Azulix 1 mg tablet is not recommended for use in patients under 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Azulix 1 MG
How Does It Work?
- Your pancreas produces a hormone called insulin. Insulin moves sugar (glucose) from the blood into the cells, which then uses it as fuel for energy.
- In Type 2 diabetes, your body doesn’t make enough insulin or doesn’t utilize insulin properly, so the sugar is not able to enter the cells and stays in your bloodstream.
- Glimepiride increases the amount of insulin released from your pancreas. This insulin then lowers your blood sugar levels.
Directions for Use of Azulix 1 MG
Interactions of Azulix 1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Azulix 1 mg tablet may interact with other medicines or vice versa. Therefore, discuss with your doctor all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking.
- Especially if you are on certain medications like antibiotics such as fluconazole, painkiller like aspirin, other antidiabetic medicines like Metformin or Insulin, anticoagulants like warfarin, anti-hypertensives like ramipril, Lisinopril, anti-gout medicines such as allopurinol etc....
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are anti-hypertensives such as propranolol, which may increase the risk of excessive fall in blood sugar levels. They may also hide sure signs of low blood sugar....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Azulix 1 MG
- Store Azulix 1 mg tablets in a cool dry place. Protect it from moisture.
- Keep it away from the children and pets.
Dosage of Azulix 1 MG
- Overdose of Azulix 1 mg tablet can cause low blood sugar levels which can cause nausea, vomiting, restlessness, tremor, visual disturbances, sleepiness, coma.
- Immediately consume some sugar or sugar-containing drink. If the person has fainted, do not give food or drink.
- You must seek immediate emergency medical care if you suspect an overdose.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Azulix 1 mg tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one.
- Taking a dual dose can lead to a dangerous fall in blood glucose level.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Which blood tests should I do to check if my diabetes is under control?
- You may do tests like fasting blood glucose, post-meal blood glucose (postprandial blood glucose), HbA1C.
- It is advisable to do tests like kidney/ renal function test, liver function test, and eye test, at least once a year as diabetes is known to affect your eyes, liver and even kidneys.
Q: What diet should I follow along with the Azulix 1 mg tablet?
- Diet should include chapatis, multigrain bread, rice with vegetables, sprouts, roasted grams, plain cooked dal, soups, steamed vegetables, vegetables cooked with less oil, jamun berry, orange, guava, apple, watermelon, papaya, cow’s milk, curd, thin buttermilk, fish (grilled, baked or steamed), peanuts, cashew nuts, walnuts (handful)....
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily.
- A diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Avoid cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, packaged food.
Q: My blood sugar drops quite often. What should I do?
- Talk to your doctor about these frequent episodes of low blood glucose, if need be your doctor may decrease the dose of your medicine or change its timing.
- Have your meals at fixed schedules, never skip or delay your meals.
- Do not drastically change your diet unless told by your doctor or dietician.
- Avoid excessive intake of alcohol.
- Do not over exercise.
Q: Can the Azulix 1 mg tablet be used in children?
- Glimepiride Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021].
- Glimepiride Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021].
- Glimepiride [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021].
- Glimepiride [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021].
- DailyMed - GLIMEPIRIDE tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021].
- CDSCO - Glimepiride [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 16 July 2021]