Savlon Antiseptic Disinfectant Liquid 1000 Ml
- You do not need a prescription to buy Savlon Antiseptic Disinfectant.
- It helps keep germs away.
- It can be applied to wounds to prevent infections.
- Savlon Antiseptic Liquid is used for babies in cleaning and sterilizing.
Savlon Antiseptic Disinfectant Liquid is used to prevent infections caused by bacteria, microbes and viruses. Hence, it is used as first aid for cleaning skin wounds and scrapes. Savlon Antiseptic Liquid is a strong antiseptic liquid and it protects against infections by washing out dirt and debris on the skin and killing bacteria or microbes in skin wounds without the need to touch the sore skin.
- Savlon Antiseptic Disinfectant Liquid contains chlorhexidine gluconate which is a strong antibacterial agent.
- Contains cetrimide, a powerful sterilizing agent with disinfectant properties.
- Owing to its disinfecting properties, it can be added to bathing or floor cleaning water.
- Can be used for personal hygiene to protect against germs.
- Chlorhexidine gluconate - 1.5% v/v
- Cetrimide solution - 3.0 % w/v
- Savlon Antiseptic Disinfectant Liquid can be used for first aid to clean wounds.
- Used to sterilize objects.
- Effective against germs, so it is used for personal hygiene.
How to Use
Depending on the use, the instructions are different.
- For first aid, dilute 1 part Savlon Antiseptic Liquid in 15 parts of water before applying over cuts and scrapes.
- For shaving purposes, add 2 spoons of Savlon Antiseptic Liquid to a mug of water.
- For bathing purposes, mix a spoonful of Savlon Antiseptic Liquid into a bucket of water.
- For rinsing clothes, add a spoonful of Savlon Antiseptic Liquid to half a litre of water.
- Difficulty in breathing
- Swelling of the face
- Inflammation of tongue or throat
- Skin irritation or rash
- Keep it away from the sight and reach of children and pets.
- Keep it away from direct sunlight.
- Always close the lid properly after use.
- For information regarding the manufacturing date and best before date, look at the label.
- Always dilute Savlon Antiseptic Disinfectant Liquid before use to avoid skin irritation.
- Discontinue its use if you experience any side effects.
- Do not consume it.
Q1. What is Savlon Antiseptic used for?
Ans: Since it is antiseptic in nature, it has a variety of uses from first aid to daily personal hygiene. It can be used to clean minor wounds to protect against external microbes and infection-causing bacteria.
Q2. What are the side effects of Savlon Antiseptic liquid?
Ans: When used for personal hygiene or as an antiseptic for the skin without dilution, it may cause mild irritation or a stinging sensation on the skin. However, it doesn’t last long and no major side effects are caused due to it.
Q3. Is Savlon Antiseptic the same as Savlon Disinfectant?
Ans: Antiseptics are generally used on the skin to kill germs and microbes and prevent infections. Disinfectants are used to kill the same things but on non-living objects such as tables, chairs, doors, floors and windows. Hence, they are not skin safe.
Q4. Can Savlon Antiseptic Liquid be used for bathing?
Ans: Yes, you can mix a few drops of Savlon Liquid in your bathing water.
Q5. Does Savlon Antiseptic Disinfectant Liquid contain alcohol?
Ans: Yes, it has low alcohol content.
Q6. Is Dettol better than Savlon Antiseptic Disinfectant Liquid?
Ans: It is a more effective antiseptic than Dettol and it does not burn your skin.
Q7. Is Savlon Antiseptic Disinfectant Liquid antibacterial?
Ans: Yes, it can fight a wide range of bacterias.
Q8. Can Savlon Antiseptic Disinfectant Liquid be used as a sanitiser?
Ans: Yes, it claims to kill 99.99% of germs and does not require soap or water so you can use it as a sanitiser.
Q9. Is Savlon Antiseptic Disinfectant Liquid poisonous to humans?
Ans: Savlon Antiseptic Disinfectant Liquid is completely safe for humans but can be dangerous if consumed.
Q10. Can I put Savlon Antiseptic Disinfectant Liquid on an open wound?
Ans: Yes, you can dilute Savlon Liquid and apply it on open wounds.