Savlon Antiseptic Disinfectant Liquid 1000 Ml
Savlon Antiseptic Liquid is used to prevent infections caused by bacteria, microbes and viruses. Hence, it is used as first aid for cleaning skin wounds and scrapes. Savlon antiseptic liquid is a strong antiseptic liquid and it protects against infections by washing out dirt and debris on the skin and killing bacteria or microbes in skin wounds without the need to touch the sore skin.
- Savlon Antiseptic Liquid contains chlorhexidine gluconate which is a strong antibacterial agent.
- Contains cetrimide, a powerful sterilizing agent with disinfectant properties.
- Owing to its disinfecting properties, it can be added to bathing or floor cleaning water.
- Can be used for personal hygiene to protect against germs.
- Chlorhexidine gluconate: 1.5% v/v
- Cetrimide solution: 3.0 % w/v
- Savlon antiseptic liquid can be used for first aid to clean wounds.
- Used to sterilize objects.
- Effective against germs, so it is used for personal hygiene.
How to Use
Depending on the use, the instructions are different.
- For first aid, dilute 1 part savlon antiseptic liquid in 15 parts of water before applying over cuts and scrapes.
- For shaving purposes, add 2 spoons of savlon antiseptic liquid to a mug of water.
- For bathing purposes, mix a spoonful of savlon antiseptic liquid into a bucket of water.
- For rinsing clothes, add a spoonful of savlon antiseptic liquid to half a litre of water.
- For information regarding the manufacturing date and best before date, look at the label.
- Always dilute savlon antiseptic liquid before use to avoid skin irritation.
- Discontinue its use if you experience any side effects.
- Keep it out of the sight and reach of children.
- Keep it away from heated surfaces and do not expose yourself to sunlight.
Q1. What is Savlon Antiseptic used for?
Ans: Since it is antiseptic in nature, it has a variety of uses from first aid to daily personal hygiene. It can be used to clean minor wounds to protect against external microbes and infection-causing bacteria.
Q2. What are the side effects of Savlon Antiseptic liquid?
Ans: When used for personal hygiene or as an antiseptic for the skin without dilution, it may cause mild irritation or a stinging sensation on the skin. However, it doesn’t last long and no major side effects are caused due to it.
Q3. Is Savlon Antiseptic the same as Savlon Disinfectant?
Ans: Antiseptics are generally used on the skin to kill germs and microbes and prevent infections. Disinfectants are used to kill the same things but on non-living objects such as tables, chairs, doors, floors and windows. Hence, they are not skin safe.