Prolyte Ors Orange Drink Sachet (21 Gm)
Prolyte ORS Powder is a WHO-recommended ORS (Oral Rehydration Salt) formula. Oral Rehydration Salt is a combination of Dextrose and several essential electrolytes like Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride and Sodium Citrate. Prolyte ORS Powder restores body fluids & electrolytes lost due to dehydration during various stomach-related ailments like diarrhoea, vomiting, muscle cramping and exertional heat illness while exercising in hot or humid weather. Prolyte ORS Powder comes in a refreshing orange flavour which is exciting and gives a tangy and citrusy taste to it, making it delicious to consume.
- Dextrose: Energy-provider of the body.
- Sodium Citrate: Helps in bodily functions.
- Acidity Regulator.
- Potassium Chloride: It has many benefits for the human body. However, it is mostly used to maintain water balance in the body.
- Sodium Chloride: It performs everyday cell functions.
- Trisodium Citrate Dihydrate: It is a tribasic salt of citric acid. It is produced by complete neutralisation of citric acid with a high purity sodium source and subsequent crystallisation. It has a role as an anticoagulant.
- Prolyte ORS Powder, being an Oral Rehydration Salt, contains sodium chloride which is utilised by our body cells for its normal day-to-day functions.
- Potassium, another important ingredient present in Prolyte ORS Powder, is an electrolyte that functions in the maintenance of water balance and distribution in the body, maintains a healthy acid-base balance, balances and eases muscle and nerve cell function, heart function, kidney and adrenal function.
- Dextrose anhydrous present in Prolyte ORS powder is the purest form of dextrose, commonly called glucose. Dextrose anhydrous provides instant energy to the body.
- Trisodium citrate dihydrate contains sodium citrate which helps in urine alkalinization and prevents the formation of kidney stones.
How to Use
- Dissolve the contents of the sachet in the amount of drinking water indicated on the sachet, usually 1l.
- If drinking water is not available or if you are not sure the water is drinkable, boil the water for at least 10 minutes and then let it cool.
- Stir well and serve it for drinking in a glass or cup.
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Be careful to mix the right amount of water. If you use too little water, the drink could make the diarrhoea condition worse.
- Store it in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
1. Can I drink Prolyte ORS Powder daily if I am suffering from diarrhoea?
Adults and teenagers should drink at least 3 litres of Prolyte ORS Powder a day until they are well. If you are vomiting, continue to try to drink the ORS powder. Your body will retain some of the fluids and salts you need.
2. What is ORS Prolyte?
Cipla Prolyte ORS is a WHO-recommended formula that can safely be used in conditions of diarrhoea, vomiting and when there is a loss of water and electrolytes from the body.
3. Is ORS good for health?
ORS is a combination of sugar and water with electrolytes that has benefits for those suffering from dehydration. When the body loses excess glucose or there is a loss of salts from the body, consuming ORS can prove to be excellent for dehydration.