The COVID-19 pandemic is raging across the country and the caseload is so high that diagnostic laboratories are finding it hard to make RT-PCR coronavirus tests slots available to everyone who wants to get tested for COVID-19.
So, there might be a time when you think that you have contracted COVID-19 but will be unable to book a slot for an RT-PCR test. You might be asked to wait a couple of days. In such a circumstance, you can avail of a home corona testing kit such as Mylab CoviSelf COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test for COVID.
It is India’s first COVID-19 home test kit to have earned the approval of the ICMR. Anyone above the age of 18 can use it at home. However, if the test kit is used by people below 18, adult supervision is suggested.
- This at-home rapid test kit yields very accurate results
- The Indian Council of Medical Research has given its approval to Mylab CoviSelf COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test for COVID for usage at home.
- This COVID test kit can be administered at home easily and you will not need a healthcare professional’s help.
- The results are instantaneous. You just need to wait 15 minutes.
Mylab CoviSelf COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test for COVID can be used when you think you may have contracted COVID-19. It can be of great help if you can’t immediately book a diagnostic RT-PCR test.
Directions for use:
Place an order for Mylab CoviSelf COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test for COVID. Once you receive the corona rapid test kit and before you administer the test, you need to download the Mylab Coviself app and enter your credentials. Now you are ready to proceed with the test.
- Wash your hands thoroughly, and sanitize the table where you will set down the different contents of the rapid test kit.
- Tear the packet open.
- Inside the corona testing kit, there will be-
- An instruction manual
- A pre-filled extraction tube
- A sterilized nasal swab
- A test card
- A waste disposal bag
- Tap the pre-filled tube against the table a few times so that the liquid settles at the bottom. Uncap the tube and hold it in one hand.
- Now, tear the packet containing the nasal swab and take it out.
- Insert 3-4 cm of the head of the swab into one nostril, and swirl it inside the nostril to collect the mucus. Do the same with the other nostril.
- Next, you will have to dip the head of the swab into the liquid-filled tube. The head has to be completely immersed. Roll the swab head in the liquid a few times.
- There is a breakpoint on the swab stick. You will have to snap the tail end of the swab at this point so that the tube can be closed with the nozzle cap.
- There is a tiny aperture on the nozzle. Turn the tube upside down so that the aperture is facing downward. Take your test card. Squeeze the tube so that a few drops of the liquid come out through the nozzle and are collected in the well of the test card.
- In about 15 minutes, your Mylab Coviself app will give you your test result.
- Put the used corona test kit into the disposal bag.
- If the results of the antigen test COVID kit are not revealed in 15 minutes, the test will be invalid.
- Read the instruction manual carefully before use
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets
- Children are not to administer the test on themselves
Q1: What is an antigen test for COVID?
Ans: An antigen test for COVID is a type of corona testing kit which can detect a kind of protein called antigen that exists on the surface of a virus. If the virus is present in your sample, the test will reveal a positive result.
Q2: Should I opt for a rapid antigen test rather than RT-PCR?
Ans: The two tests (though used for the same purpose) function differently. The RT-PCR coronavirus test is more accurate, but the rapid antigen test is much faster. You can opt for the rapid antigen test for COVID only when you cannot book an RT-PCR or when you are unsure if you have been exposed and want some clarity before going for an RT-PCR test.
Q3: Can I use Mylab CoviSelf COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Self Test Kit more than once?
Ans: No, this corona rapid test kit must be disposed of after one use itself.