Tidocol 500mg Tablets
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tidocol 500 MG Description
Tidocol Tablet contains mesalazine (also called mesalamine or 5-Aminosalicylic Acid) as its active ingredient. It is used in the treatment of ulcerative colitis (a condition that causes inflammation
and ulcers in the linings of your large intestines) and also prevents its symptoms from recurring. Mesalazine works by stopping certain substances in the body that may cause inflammation. Tidocol Tablet should only be taken after consulting a doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It is not recommended for use in children below 6 years old.
|You Save||₹8.69 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Mesalazine / Mesalamine / 5-Aminosalicylic Acid(500.0 Mg)|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR ULCERATIVE COLITIS|
Check more medicines with composition as Mesalazine / Mesalamine / 5-Aminosalicylic Acid(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Tidocol 500 MG
Tidocol Tablet is used in treating ulcerative colitis (a condition that causes inflammation, irritation and ulcers in your digestive tract preferably the lining of your large intestine). And is also used in preventing the symptoms like diarrhoea, stomach pain, bleeding from recurring....
Contraindications of Tidocol 500 MG
- If you are allergic to mesalazine or any other ingredients of Tidocol Tablet.
- If you have any problems with your liver or kidney.
- If you are allergic to salicylates (Diclofenac, aspirin, Ibuprofen, etc).
- If your child is below the age of 6 years.
Side effects of Tidocol 500 MG
- Skin rash, itching
- Chest pain
- Numbness, tingling or pricking sensation
Precautions and Warnings of Tidocol 500 MG
Can I take Tidocol Tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using Tidocol Tablet as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Tidocol Tablet while breastfeeding?
Tidocol Tablet passes into breast milk in a small amount, hence you should consult your doctor. He/she will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks. When prescribed, watch out for symptoms like diarrhoea, if your child develops it immediately discontinue breastfeeding and contact your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Tidocol Tablet?
It is not expected that Tidocol Tablet will affect your ability to drive, but sometimes this medicine may make you a little dizzy, hence you should be cautious while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Tidocol Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction between alcohol and Tidocol Tablet, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any liver or kidney related problems.
- You have any lung diseases like asthma.
- You have any problems with your heart (like any allergic reactions).
- You have experienced an allergic reaction while taking sulfasalazine.
- You may develop kidney stones (symptoms like stomach pain, blood in urine) while on treatment with this medicine. Hence you should drink plenty of water.
- Before and during treatment with Tidocol Tablet, your doctor may want to monitor the liver, kidneys, blood and lungs periodically.
- Tidocol Tablet is not recommended for use in children less than 6 years old.
Mode of Action of Tidocol 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Mesalazine in this medicine works by preventing or blocking the body from producing certain substances that may cause inflammation.
Directions for Use of Tidocol 500 MG
Tidocol Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, preferably before your meals. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Tidocol 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Tidocol Tablet.
- You need to be cautious while simultaneously taking this medicine along with medicines like azathioprine, 6-mercaptopurine (used in rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's disease), thioguanine (used in cancer treatment)....
- This medicine when taken along with blood thinners like warfarin (used to prevent blood clot formation) may decrease the effect of warfarin.
Storage and disposal of Tidocol 500 MG
Store Tidocol Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain....
Dosage of Tidocol 500 MG
Seek urgent medical help if you feel that you have taken too much of Tidocol Tablet.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long to take Tidocol Tablet?
A: The dose and duration of this tablet will depend on the response to treatment. Follow your doctor's instructions and do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Q: Can I stop taking Tidocol Tablet if I feel better?
A: No, you should not stop taking this medicine until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good. Please reach out to your doctor if you have any issues while taking this medicine.
Q: Is Tidocol Tablet addictive?
A: No, this medicine is not addictive, but it is advised not to give this medicine if anyone else has the same condition as you without consulting a doctor.
- Octasa 400 mg Modified Release Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]
- Octasa 400 mg Modified Release Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed