Nodimox Plus 500mg Capsule
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Nodimox Plus 500mg Capsule is a combination of Amoxycillin and Cloxacillin as active ingredients. It belongs to a class of medicines called antibiotics.
Uses of Nodimox Plus 500mg Capsule
- Treatment of respiratory tract infection like asthma, COPD or sinusitis
- Treatment of urinary tract infection, ENT (ear, nose, throat) infection
- Treatment of infection in blood and inner lining of heart chambers
- Treatment of inflammation in the middle ear, skin infections
- Treatment of inflammation of membranes covering brain and spinal cord
- Treatment of sexually transmitted disease like gonorrhoea
- Treatment of bone and joint infection
- Treatment of typhoid
Contraindications of Nodimox Plus 500mg Capsule
If you are allergic to Amoxycillin or Cloxacillin or any other penicillins or any of the ingredient of Nodimox Plus 500mg Capsule.
Side effects of Nodimox Plus 500mg Capsule
- Allergic reactions like skin rash, urge to scratch
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Nodimox Plus 500mg Capsule
Can I take Nodimox Plus 500mg Capsule during pregnancy?
The effect of this medicine on the unborn baby is not known, consult your doctor if you are pregnant, your doctor will tell you on the use of this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Nodimox Plus 500mg Capsule while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into human milk in small amount and may cause harm. Hence, you should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nodimox Plus 500mg Capsule?
You may experience dizziness or convulsions (fits) after taking this medicine. Be cautious while driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Nodimox Plus 500mg Capsule?
There is limited information about the effects of this medicine with alcohol, but you should avoid taking alcohol in excessive amount.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a kidney or liver problem
- You are suffering from HIV infection
- You have any blood disorder or heart disease
- You've found a high level of urea in your blood serum reports
- You are suffering from Mononucleosis (an infectious illness that's usually caused by the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV).
- You are suffering from Meningitis (swelling of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord).
Mode of Action of Nodimox Plus 500mg Capsule
How Does It Work?
This medicine acts by inhibiting the protein synthesis and cell wall synthesis of bacteria, which ultimately leads to the death of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Nodimox Plus 500mg Capsule
Take this medicine as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food. It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Nodimox Plus 500mg Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- You may experience bleeding during pregnancy if you take oral contraceptives along with this medicine.
- Antibiotics like erythromycin, tetracycline or clavulanic acid, medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol, probenecid, medicines used to treat high blood pressure like atenolol should be used with caution.read less
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Nodimox Plus 500mg Capsule.
Storage and disposal of Nodimox Plus 500mg Capsule
- Store this medicine at room temperature and keep it away from heat and moisture
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets
Dosage of Nodimox Plus 500mg Capsule
Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, etc. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Nodimox Plus 500mg Capsule?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage duration by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course, it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
Q: What should be discussed with my healthcare professional before I start the treatment with these medicines?
- Before taking this medicine, tell your doctor about your medical history including allergies, stomach ulcers (past or active), asthma, problems with the heart, liver or kidney; also mention all the medicines, herbal preparations, supplements you take.read less
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 06:51 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved