Freestyle Libre Flash Glucose Monitoring System ( Reader & Sensor) Glucometer
The FreeStyle Libre system liberates you from the troubles and hassles of the routine finger prick to test blood glucose. With this monitoring system, you can scan the reader over the sensor worn on the back of your upper arm to check your glucose levels.
- The reader is a one-time purchase and can be used for life.
- Each scan of the reader shows the current glucose reading, the last 8 hours of data and a trend arrow that indicates glucose levels going up, down or steady.
- The reader stores 90 days of glucose data and gives you a complete picture of your glucose levels over 3 months.
- Get glucose readings with a painless one-second scan.
- The FreeStyle Libre reader can capture data from within 1cm to 4cm of the sensor.
- Using the supplied disposable applicator, the sensor can be easily applied and stays on the back of your upper arm for up to 14 days.
- The sensor automatically measures and continuously stores glucose readings day and night.
- It is designed to be water-resistant and can be worn while bathing, showering, swimming and exercising.
- It is user-friendly.
The test strip port measures blood glucose levels and blood ketone levels.
How to Use
- Press the 'Home' button to turn on the reader.
- If prompted, use the touch screen to select your preferred language for the reader.
- Set the current date and time using the arrows on the touch screen.
- Set your target glucose range.
- Touch 'Done' to go to the home screen.
- Select an area of skin that generally stays flat during normal daily activities.
- Wash the site and allow the skin to fully dry, before applying the sensor.
- Scan the sensor applied, with the reader.
- Glucose levels and trend arrows will be displayed on the screen.
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
- Avoid getting dust, dirt, blood, control solution, water or other substances on the reader’s USB and test strip ports.
1. How many times a day can you scan FreeStyle Libre?
FreeStyle Libre automatically captures readings so that glucose variations can be seen throughout the day. As long as the sensor is replaced every 14 days and scanned, use it at least once every 8 hours.
2. What does the pack contain?
The starter combination pack contains a sensor and a reader for blood glucose measuring.
3. Will it capture data over clothes?
Yes, it captures data even through clothing.