Tugain 2% Solution 60ml
Tugain 2 % Description
Tugain 2% solution is used in the treatment of hair loss. It contains minoxidil as an active component that acts by dilating the blood vessels and stimulates hair growth on the scalp. Using more than
the advised amount is not going to increase hair growth. It may take a few months before you see results. Avoid contact with eyes, nose, mouth. In case it gets into any of these, immediately wash with water. Do not use it during pregnancy and breastfeeding. If you have heart disease or high blood pressure, consult with your doctor before using the same.
Uses of Tugain 2 %
Contraindications of Tugain 2 %
- If you are allergic to minoxidil or other components of Tugain 2% solution.
- If you have a shaved scalp.
- Do not use Tugain 2% solution during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- If you are using any other topical medicines or occlusive dressings on your scalp, then do not use Tugain 2% solution.
- If you have a hypertension problem or any underlying medical condition.
- If you have any scalp abnormality like scalp psoriasis.
- If your age is more than 65 years or less than 18 years.
- It should not be used in female.
Side effects of Tugain 2 %
- Growth of unwanted facial hair or body hair
Precautions and Warnings of Tugain 2 %
Other General Warnings
- You develop skin allergies after the application of this solution and it lasts for a long time or gets worse then stop using this product.
- You develop chest pain, rapid heartbeat, dizziness or rash. Seek medical help immediately.
- Tugain 2% solution is recommended only for male pattern baldness. Do not use it if you have sudden and patchy hair loss and hair loss due to childbirth.
- Patients with known heart disease or high blood pressure should take their doctor's opinion before using Tugain 2% solution.
- Tugain 2% solution should not be used on any body parts other than the scalp.
- You observe no hair growth even after using it for four months, then seek your doctor's advice.
Mode of Action of Tugain 2 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Tugain 2 %
- Apply Tugain 2% solution when your scalp and hair are completely dry.
- Apply the amount advised to the area of the scalp being treated, beginning with the centre of the area using the applicator provided.
- Do not shampoo your hair for 4 hours after applying Tugain 2% solution.
- Wash your hands immediately after applying this solution.
- Tugain 2% solution is for use on the scalp only. This medicine should be kept away from the eyes, nose and mouth.
- Wash the area thoroughly with cold water, if the medicine gets into our eyes.
- Do not use a hairdryer after applying Tugain 2% solution.
- Applying more than advised or more often is not going to be more effective.
Interactions of Tugain 2 %
Interactions with other medicines
- It is used for topical application and therefore the interaction with other medicines taken orally is unlikely. It interacts with other medicines or products applied topically. Avoid concomitant application of other medicated products....
- Especially, do not use corticosteroids, tretinoin or dithranol along with Tugain 2% solution, as it can lead to a fall in blood pressure.
Storage and disposal of Tugain 2 %
- Store Tugain 2% solution below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
- Discard Tugain 2% solution when it is no longer needed or expired.
Dosage of Tugain 2 %
- Tugain 2% solution is only for external use and should not be swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion or application over larger areas for a prolonged time, consult a doctor immediately if you experience any symptoms....
- Excessive use of Tugain can lead to swelling of the face, hands and feet, increased heart rate, low blood pressure, dizziness and weakness.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use a hairdryer after applying Tugain 2% solution?
Q: Which shampoo should be used while using Tugain 2% solution?
Q: How soon can I expect results after using Tugain 2% solution?
Q: Can I get my hair wet after applying Tugain 2% solution?
Q: How to apply Tugain 2% solution?
- Make sure your scalp is dry before applying Tugain 2% solution.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying this solution and rinse other areas that have come in contact with the medication.
- Let the medicine remain on your scalp for at least 4 hours and let it dry completely.
- Avoid contact with the eyes, ears, nose, mouth and broken or irritated skin. On accidental eye contact, wash the eyes thoroughly with water.
- Avoid using minoxidil on the same days when the hair is coloured or chemically treated.
Q: Can I comb my hair after applying Tugain 2% solution?
Q: Can I apply hair oil after applying Tugain 2% solution?
Q: What are the causes of hair loss?
- Nutritional deficiencies: Iron, copper, zinc and proteins are essential for hair growth. Vitamin D is another cause of hair loss. Soak up some sun to get vitamin D.
- Hormone imbalance: Excessive male hormones can cause hair loss.
- Thyroid diseases: An increase or decrease in the thyroid hormone may cause hair to fall.
- Birth control pills: Birth control pills may cause thinning of hair.
- Stress: Sudden hair loss may be caused by excess stress. Exercise, meditation yoga and massages will reduce your chances of experiencing hair loss by reducing stress.
- Hairstyling products: Overtreated hair can lead to hair loss due to chemicals found in dyes and styling products.
- Ageing: As we age, the rate at which our hair grows tends to slow down. Hair strands get thinner and lose pigment and hair becomes thinner, finer and grey. Eating whole foods will help to keep your body youthful and your hair healthy....
- Genetics: Genetic hair loss is known as androgenetic alopecia and is known to be the most common cause of hair loss.
Q: Can it be used in children?
- Regaine for Men Extra Strength Scalp Solution 5% w/v Cutaneous Solution - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 21 July 2021]
- Minoxidil (Topical Route) Description and Brand Names - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 21 July 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 21 July 2021]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Drugs Affecting Blood and Blood Formation: 599-634.
- TUGAIN Solution [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
- Regaine for Men Extra Strength Scalp Solution 5% w/v Cutaneous Solution - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021].