Thrositop Gel 20gm
By UNIVERSAL PHARMA
20g Gel in Tube
Price to be Updated
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Thrositop Gel 20gm is a topical antibiotic used to treat acne. It contains clindamycin as an active component. Clindamycin helps to inhibit the growth of acne-causing bacteria. It is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by the doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects while using Thrositop Gel 20gm , but they normally fade away with time. Please report to the doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen....
Uses of Thrositop Gel 20gm
Thrositop Gel 20gm for the treatment of acne.
Contraindications of Thrositop Gel 20gm
- If you have an allergy to clindamycin, lincomycin or other ingredients of the Thrositop Gel 20gm .
- If you have a digestive disorder like inflammation in the inner lining of the intestine (colitis) or have a history of antibiotic-associated colitis.
Side effects of Thrositop Gel 20gm
- Skin dryness
- Urge to scratch
- Skin oiliness
Precautions and Warnings of Thrositop Gel 20gm
Can I use Thrositop Gel 20gm during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of the medicine during pregnancy. Hence, it is recommended not to use Thrositop Gel 20gm unless it is prescribed by the doctor.
Can I use Thrositop Gel 20gm while breastfeeding?
Thrositop Gel 20gm needs to be applied to the skin. Hence, it may pass into the breastmilk. However, it should not be applied to the breast or areas near the breast of breastfeeding mothers as there may be chances of ingestion by a breastfed infant. Avoid using on large areas of skin for a prolonged period.
Can I drive if I have applied Thrositop Gel 20gm ?
Thrositop Gel 20gm is a topical preparation and may not affect the driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol during the treatment with Thrositop Gel 20gm ?
There is no direct interaction between alcohol and Thrositop Gel 20gm .
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may develop an allergic reaction after using Thrositop Gel 20gm
- You are using products containing benzoyl peroxide because concomitant use should be avoided.
- You should not apply it on the eyes, mouth, and cuts or wounds on your skin, as caution should be exercised when applying medication around the areas.
- You may have a genetic tendency to develop allergic diseases like rhinitis, asthma, etc., as caution is advised.
- You may experience burning or irritation on the skin. The doctor may suggest you discontinue the treatment.
Mode of Action of Thrositop Gel 20gm
How Does It Work?
Clindamycin in Thrositop Gel 20gm acts by inhibiting bacterial protein synthesis, which is required by bacteria to grow and its function. Hence, it stops the growth of bacteria and prevents spreading....
Directions for Use of Thrositop Gel 20gm
- Thrositop Gel 20gm is meant for external use only.
- Use as directed by a doctor or pharmacist.
- Read the instructions from the label or leaflet before use.
- Clean and dry the infected area well.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds; rub it gently.
- Wash hands before and after using the medicine unless the hands are the area to be treated.
- Do not use it for a longer time than the doctor suggested.
- Do not apply on windburned or sunburned skin or open wounds.
- Do not use the medicine in or around the eyes, lips or inside the nose.
- In case the eyes come in contact with the medicine rinse the eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Thrositop Gel 20gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Thrositop Gel 20gm is meant for local application on the skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, may interact with other topical medicines. Discuss with the doctor if you are already on other topical medicines....
- Concomitant use of the medicine along with blood thinners like warfarin, acenocoumarol, and fluindione may increase blood clotting time.
- If you are going to have surgery in those cases, anaesthetics or medicines used to paralyse the muscles should be used with caution.
Storage and disposal of Thrositop Gel 20gm
- Store Thrositop Gel 20gm below 25°C at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Thrositop Gel 20gm
- As Thrositop Gel 20gm is meant for external application cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you applied extra quantity then wipe out the excess with tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
- If you missed applying Thrositop Gel 20gm , apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply the medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take before applying for Thrositop Gel 20gm ?
- Do not use it for a longer duration than the doctor has suggested.
- Do not apply Thrositop Gel 20gm on windburned, sunburned skin or on open wounds.
- Do not use the medicine in or around the eye area, lips or inside of the nose.
- Rub it gently and well.
- Wash the hands after applying it.
Q: For how long do I need to apply Thrositop Gel 20gm ?
A: Keep using Thrositop Gel 20gm for the full time of treatment, even if your symptoms begin to clear up after a short time. If you stop using the medicine too soon, your acne may return or get worse.
Q: Can I put Thrositop Gel 20gm in the freezer?
A: No, do not let Thrositop Gel 20gm freeze, as it may alter its efficacy. Store it at room temperature only.
Q: Can I apply Thrositop Gel 20gm in an excess amount for fast healing?
A: No, if you use Thrositop Gel 20gm more often than recommended or on large areas of the body, it may cause hormonal imbalance. In children, this may affect the growth and development. Usually, it is not used for children below 12 years old unless it is prescribed by a dermatologist depending upon the clinical condition.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Clindamycin Phosphate Topical: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Clindamycin (Topical Route) Proper Use - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]