Nodosis 500mg Tab
By STEADFAST MEDISHIELD PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nodosis 500 tablet is used to treat heartburn and acid indigestion. This tablet is an antacid medicine containing sodium bicarbonate as its active ingredient. It neutralises acid in the stomach as it is alkali in nature. Avoid using this tablet during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Do not use it if you are on a salt-restricted diet or have any swelling in the body. It is meant for temporary relief of acidity. If you suffer from recurring acidity, then consult your doctor for a detailed evaluation to find out the root cause of acidity. Do not take Nodosis 500 tablet for more than 2 weeks unless advised by your doctor. Before starting the treatment with Nodosis, inform your doctor about all your past medical and medicinal history....
|You Save||₹5.40 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Sodium Bicarbonate(500.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Acidity, heartburn, indigestion|
|Side effects||Increased thirst, increased gas, bloating, nausea, loss of appetite|
Check more medicines with composition as Sodium Bicarbonate(500.0 Mg)
7 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Nodosis 500mg Tab
Uses of Nodosis 500 MG
Nodosis 500 Tablet is used to treat heartburn, acid indigestion and upset stomach.
Contraindications of Nodosis 500 MG
- If you are allergic to Sodium Bicarbonate or any other ingredient of Nodosis 500 tablet.
- If you have high blood pressure and are on a salt-restricted diet as this medicine contains sodium.
- If you have heart or liver or kidney disease.
Side effects of Nodosis 500 MG
- Increased thirst
- Increased gas
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Nodosis 500 MG
Can I take Nodosis 500 Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the use of this medicine in pregnancy and is considered unsafe in pregnancy. It can increase swelling or blood pressure in pregnancy.
Can I take Nodosis 500 Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is known to pass into breast milk. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nodosis 500 Tablet?
Nodosis tablet does not interfere with your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Nodosis 500 Tablet?
Avoid consumption of alcohol with Nodosis tablet. Alcohol is known to worsen acidity and heartburn.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have or had heart disease, high blood pressure, heart failure or kidney diseases.
- You have swollen feet or any swelling in the body.
- You have a history of bleeding in the stomach or intestine.
- You are pregnant, planning to be pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Nodosis 500 tablet is only for temporary relief from acidity, if you have chronic indigestion, acidity issues, consult your doctor for detailed evaluation.
- Do not use Nodosis 500 for more than 2 weeks.
Mode of Action of Nodosis 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Sodium Bicarbonate in Nodosis 500 tablet works by neutralising the acid in the stomach. It also increases the pH of blood and urine.
Directions for Use of Nodosis 500 MG
- Nodosis 500 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken at least 1 to 2 hours after meals. Do not take it on an overly full stomach.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Nodosis 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Nodosis tablets may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....
- Avoid the use of calcium supplements when using this medicine.
- Medicine such as antacids, aspirin, ketoconazole, benzodiazepines, methotrexate, quinidine, antibiotics containing sulfonamide, tetracycline, iron preparations and lithium can interact with Nodosis tablets. These medicines should be taken with a minimum gap of two hours after consumption of the Nodosis tablet....
Interactions with food items
Nodosis 500 tablet should be taken at least an hour or two after having your meals. It should not be taken on an overly full stomach.
Storage and disposal of Nodosis 500 MG
- Store Nodosis tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Nodosis 500 MG
If you think you have taken too much of Nodosis tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose of Nodosis tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Nodosis tablet?
A: Nodosis tablet is an antacid medicine used to treat heartburn, acid indigestion.
Q: Can Nodosis be taken before food?
A: Follow your doctor's instructions. If you take it before food ensure you do not overeat. Avoid having carbonated beverages like cold drinks if you have Nodosis tablet.
Q: How to take Nodosis tablet?
A: Take Nodosis 500 Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, preferably 1-2 hours after food. You should take Nodosis 500 Tablet as directed by your doctor.
Q: Is Nodosis tablet safe for the heart?
A: Nodosis tablet is an antacid medicine used to treat heartburn, acid indigestion. Avoid using this tablet if you have any heart diseases. Avoid using it if you are on a sodium-restricted diet.
Q: Can I take 2 Nodosis tablets at a time?
A: Always follow your doctor's instructions regarding direction for the use of medicine. Do not take more than prescribed dose as this could lead to side effects.
Q: How does Nodosis 500 work?
A: Nodosis 500 acts as an antacid that works by neutralising and further preventing the stomach from producing acid that irritates the stomach lining.
Q: How long I can take Nodosis 500?
A: You should not take this medicine for longer than two weeks unless prescribed by the doctor. If you do not see any improvement in symptoms even after 1-2 weeks of taking this medicine, consult your doctor. Do not exceed the prescribed duration on your own.
Q: How do you take the Nodosis tablets?
A: Nodosis tablets should be taken in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. It's best to take antacids with food or soon after eating because this is when you're most likely to get indigestion or heartburn.
Q: What is the composition of the Nodosis 500?
A: The composition of the Nodosis 500 consists of sodium bicarbonate as its active ingredient, which is an antacid medicine.
Q: Is Nodosis used for kidney disease?
A: No, Nodosis is used to treat heartburn and acid indigestion. It neutralizes acid in the stomach. It works by neutralizing the acid in the stomach.
Q: What are the side effects of Nodosis?
A: Increased thirst, increased gas, bloating, nausea, loss of appetite are a few common side effects that can be seen during the treatment with Nodosis. Although not everyone gets them. These side effects often improve with time.
Q: Why is Nodosis given?
A: Nodosis is prescribed to treat heartburn and acid indigestion. It neutralizes acid in the stomach as it is an alkali. It is intended for temporary relief of acidity.
Q: Can I take Nodosis for kidney diseases?
A: No, Nodosis is not effective in kidney diseases. It is used to treat heartburn, acid indigestion and upset stomach.
- Sodium Bicarbonate: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 11 April 2022]
- CDSCO - Sodium Bicarbonate [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 11 April 2022]
- Sodium Bicarbonate [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 11 April 2022]
- Sodium Bicarbonate Description and Brand Names - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2022 [cited 11 April 2022]
- Sodium Bicarbonate - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics [Internet]. Sciencedirect.com. 2022 [cited 11 April 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.