Nodosis 500mg Tab
By STEADFAST MEDISHIELD PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nodosis 500 tablet is used to treat heartburn and acid indigestion. Nodosis tablet neutralises acid in the stomach as it is an alkali. Nodosis 500 tablet is an antacid medicine containing Sodium bicarbonate as its active ingredient. Avoid using this tablet during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Do not use it if you are on a salt-restricted diet or have any swelling in the body. It is meant for temporary relief of acidity. If you suffer from recurring acidity, then consult your doctor for a detailed evaluation to find out the root cause of acidity. Do not take Nodosis 500 tablet for more than 2 weeks unless advised by your doctor.
Uses of Nodosis 500mg Tab
Nodosis 500 Tablet is used to treat heartburn, acid indigestion and upset stomach.
Contraindications of Nodosis 500mg Tab
- If you are allergic to Sodium Bicarbonate or any other ingredient of Nodosis 500 tablet.
- If you have high blood pressure and are on a salt-restricted diet as this medicine contains sodium.
- If you have heart or liver or kidney disease.
Side effects of Nodosis 500mg Tab
- Increased thirst
- Increased gas
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Nodosis 500mg Tab
Can I take Nodosis 500 Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the use of this medicine in pregnancy and is considered unsafe in pregnancy. It can increase swelling or blood pressure in pregnancy.
Can I take Nodosis 500 Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is known to pass into breast milk. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nodosis 500 Tablet?
Nodosis tablet does not interfere with your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Nodosis 500 Tablet?
Avoid consumption of alcohol with Nodosis tablet. Alcohol is known to worsen acidity and heartburn.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have or had heart disease, high blood pressure, heart failure or kidney diseases.
- You have swollen feet or any swelling in the body.
- You have a history of bleeding in the stomach or intestine.
- You are pregnant, planning to be pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Nodosis 500 tablet is only for temporary relief from acidity, if you have chronic indigestion, acidity issues, consult your doctor for detailed evaluation.
- Do not use this medicine for more than 2 weeks.
Mode of Action of Nodosis 500mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Sodium Bicarbonate in Nodosis 500 tablet works by neutralising the acid in the stomach. It also increases the pH of blood and urine.
Directions for Use of Nodosis 500mg Tab
- Nodosis 500 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken at least 1 to 2 hours after meals. Do not take it on an overly full stomach.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Nodosis 500mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Nodosis tablet may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations.read less
- Avoid the use of calcium supplements when using this medicine.
- Medicine such as antacids, aspirin, ketoconazole, benzodiazepines, methotrexate, quinidine, antibiotics containing sulfonamide, tetracycline, iron preparations, and lithium can interact with Nodosis tablet. These medicines should be taken with a minimum gap of two hours after consumption of Nodosis tablet.read less
Interactions with food items
Nodosis 500 tablet should be taken at least an hour or two after having your meals. It should not be taken on an overly full stomach.
Storage and disposal of Nodosis 500mg Tab
- Store Nodosis tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Nodosis 500mg Tab
If you think you have taken too much of Nodosis tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose of Nodosis tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Nodosis tablet?
A: Nodosis tablet is an antacid medicine used to treat heartburn, acid indigestion.
Q: Can Nodosis be taken before food?
A: Follow your doctor's instructions. If you take it before food ensure you do not overeat. Avoid having carbonated beverages like cold drinks if you have Nodosis tablet.
Q: How to take Nodosis tablet?
A: Take Nodosis 500 Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, preferably 1-2 hours after food. You should take Nodosis 500 Tablet as directed by your doctor.
Q: Is Nodosis tablet safe for the heart?
A: Nodosis tablet is an antacid medicine used to treat heartburn, acid indigestion. Avoid using this tablet if you have any heart diseases. Avoid using it if you are on a sodium-restricted diet.
Q: Can I take 2 Nodosis tablets at a time?
A: Always follow your doctor's instructions regarding direction for the use of medicine. Do not take more than prescribed dose as this could lead to side effects.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 03 Apr 2021 | 06:52 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved