Febrex Plus Af Syrup 60ml
By INDOCO REMEDIES LTD
60ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Febrex Plus Af Syrup 60ml Description
Febrex Plus Af Syrup contains a combination of Chlorpheniramine and Phenylephrine. Chlorpheniramine is an antiallergic and Phenylephrine is a decongestant. Febrex Plus Af Syrup is used for temporary
relief in common cold and allergic rhinitis. It helps in improving symptoms like runny and stuffed nose, sneezing and throat irritation. This medicine should not be used in patients with heart-related problems. You should take this medicine as advised by your doctor for maximum benefits and avoid using it for a prolonged duration when not required.
|You Save||₹12.30 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Phenylephrine(5.0 Mg) + Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(2.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Cold, allergic rhinitis|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, headache, vomiting, weakness|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Check more medicines with composition as Phenylephrine(5.0 Mg) + Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(2.0 Mg)
Uses of Febrex Plus Af Syrup 60ml
Febrex Plus Af Syrup is used for the symptomatic treatment of common cold and allergic rhinitis
Contraindications of Febrex Plus Af Syrup 60ml
- If you are allergic to Chlorpheniramine or Phenylephrine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have taken medicines for brain disorders such as rasagiline in the last 14 days
- If you are suffering from high blood pressure or heart disease
- If you have diabetes, increased pressure inside the eyes (glaucoma)
- If you are suffering from the overactive thyroid gland and breathing problems like bronchitis
- If you experience difficulty in urination due to enlarged prostate gland
Side effects of Febrex Plus Af Syrup 60ml
- Increased blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Febrex Plus Af Syrup 60ml
Can I take Febrex Plus Af Syrup during pregnancy?
Febrex Plus Af Syrup may affecduring pregnancy and it should be used if prescribed by a doctor. Your doctor will tell you about the use of this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks. Do not self medicate this Syrup in cough and cold.
Can I take Febrex Plus Af Syrup while breastfeeding?
A component of Febrex Plus Af Syrup passes into the breastmilk. So it is recommended not to consume it unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Febrex Plus Af Syrup?
You may experience drowsiness, dizziness or blurred vision after taking Febrex Plus Af Syrup. Be cautious while driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Febrex Plus Af Syrup?
Alcohol intake can make you feel more drowsy or sleepy. It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment with Febrex Plus Af Syrup.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are already taking medicines for psychiatric illness, as it can enhance drowsiness
- You are experiencing drowsiness, nervousness.
- You don't feel any improvement in your symptoms within a week.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have asthma or any airway obstruction problems.
- You have a kidney or liver disease.
- You have a history of fits or seizures.
- You have a history of tumour in the adrenal gland.
- You have a blockage in your stomach and intestine.
Mode of Action of Febrex Plus Af Syrup 60ml
How Does It Work?
- Febrex Plus Af Syrup works by combined action of its two components chlorpheneramine and phenylephrine. Chlorpheniramine acts by blocking the action of histamine a natural substance produced by the body during an allergic reaction and impoves allergic symptoms like sneezing, watery eyes, throat irritation....
- Phenylephrine acts is an vasoconsrictor, it shrinks or constricts the blood vessles in the nasal passage and improves congestion.
Directions for Use of Febrex Plus Af Syrup 60ml
- Take Febrex Plus Af Syrup as prescribed by your doctor
- Do not consume this medicine directly from bottle
- Read any special instruction on the package
Interactions of Febrex Plus Af Syrup 60ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat brain disorders or psychiatric illness should not be used with Febrex Plus Af as it can lead to a risk of heart-related side effects or increased blood pressure.
- Febrex Plus Af can reduce the effectiveness of high blood pressure medicines and can increase blood pressure abruptly.
- Febrex Plus Af should not be taken along with medicines used to treat heart failure such as digoxin as it can increase the risk of irregular heartbeat or heart attack.
- Phenytoin and ergot containing medicines should not be consumed along with Febrex Plus Af as it can lead to toxicity.
- Other medicines like medicines to induce sleep or anti-anxiety medicines and ceratin painkillers should be used as it can induce sedation.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Storage and disposal of Febrex Plus Af Syrup 60ml
- Store Febrex Plus Af Syrup between 20°- 25°C
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Febrex Plus Af Syrup 60ml
- Symptoms of overdose of Febrex Plus Af Syrup may include irregular heartbeat, hallucinations, fits or you may sometimes pass out.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Febrex Plus Af Syrup, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this medicine?
A: Take Febrex Plus Af Syrup as per the prescribed dosage duration by your doctor as this medicine can cause dizziness or sleepiness. So do not give this medicine to induce sleep to the children.
Q: Any precautions do I need to take while taking Febrex Plus Af Syrup?
A: Do not consume alcohol or any other cough medicines along with Febrex Plus Af Syrup. It can lead to excessive dizziness or sleepiness. Caution is recommended while driving or operating machinery.
Q: Can I take Febrex Plus Af Syrup, if I have high blood pressure?
A: Febrex Plus Af Syrup is not recommended for patients having high blood pressure as it can increase your blood pressure abruptly and can also reduce the effectiveness of high blood pressure medicines.
Q: Can I give Febrex Plus Af Syrup to my 2 months old baby?
A: No, Febrex Plus Af Syrup should not be used in children below 6 months of age. Also, you should always consult a child specialist before giving any medicine to your baby as their organs are very delicate and sensitive.
Q: What is the use of Febrex Plus Af Syrup?
A: Febrex Plus Af Syrup is used for relieving common cold and allergic rhinitis with the symptoms of throat pain, sneezing, runny or stuffed nose.
Q: Can I give Febrex Plus Af Syrup to my 2 year old baby for fever?
A: Febrex Plus Af Syrup should not be used to treat fever. It helps in relieving symptoms of common cold without fever. Always consult your doctor before giving any medicine to your child.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed