C Toin Er 300mg Capsule
By USV PVT LTD
30 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
This product is discontinued
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
C Toin Er Capsule is an anti-epileptic medicine used by neurologists for the treatment of epilepsy to control a variety of epileptic conditions (tonic-clonic seizures and partial seizures). It contains phenytoin as its active ingredient. Epilepsy is a brain-related disorder characterised by abnormal brain activity, causing seizures or periods of unusual behaviour, feeling fuzzy and sometimes loss of consciousness. It is also used to control and prevent seizures during and after brain surgery. This medicine works by reducing abnormal electrical activity in the brain. Before initiating the treatment with this medicine you should discuss with your doctor about your complete medical and medication history....
Uses of C Toin Er 300 MG
- For the treatment of epilepsy (an abnormal brain activity causing different forms of seizures).
- To control and prevent seizures during and after brain surgery.
Contraindications of C Toin Er 300 MG
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to similar anti-seizure medicines (if you are not sure which are these medicines ask your doctor).
Side effects of C Toin Er 300 MG
- Skin rashes
- Shortness of breath
Precautions and Warnings of C Toin Er 300 MG
Can I take C Toin Er Capsule during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be used during pregnancy as it can cause birth defects in the baby. If pregnancy is detected while taking this medicine inform your doctor immediately. Do not stop taking your medicine until your doctor tells you to.
Can I take C Toin Er Capsule while breastfeeding?
Women taking this medicine should not breastfeed.
Can I drive if I have consumed C Toin Er Capsule?
This medicine can make you feel dizzy and drowsy. A person taking this medicine should avoid performing skilled activity such as driving.
Can I consume alcohol with C Toin Er Capsule?
Avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine as alcohol can affect the concentration of this medicine in your body and can also affect its desired action.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney-related disorders.
- You have Porphyria (an inherited disease that affects haemoglobin biosynthesis).
- You are diabetic as this medicine can affect sugar metabolism and hormone release.
- You are getting thoughts of killing or harming yourself while taking this medicine, immediately report this to your doctor.
- You experience skin allergy and rashes after taking this medicine.
- You develop ulcers in the mouth, throat, nose, genitals and conjunctivitis (red and swollen eyes).
Mode of Action of C Toin Er 300 MG
How Does It Work?
Epilepsy is a brain-related condition wherein the normal electrical rhythm of the brain is disturbed. This usually affects a person's consciousness, movements or sensations and thus leads to seizures, loss of awareness, feeling shaky. Phenytoin in this medicine reduces the spread of such abnormal electrical signals and stabilizes brain activity, thus controlling the abnormal behaviour and other symptoms of a seizure....
Directions for Use of C Toin Er 300 MG
- Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
- Never miss a dose of this medicine as it is likely to cause a seizure.
Interactions of C Toin Er 300 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way C Toin Er works or C Toin Er itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat blood pressure, heart failure, high cholesterol, blood-thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines, contraceptives or medicines for brain-related disorders....
Storage and disposal of C Toin Er 300 MG
- Store it in a cool and dry place away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly.
Dosage of C Toin Er 300 MG
An overdose of this medicine can be very dangerous and it should be immediately reported to your treating doctor or nearby hospital. Always carry the package of the tablet along with you for easy assessment of the severity of an overdose....
Missed a Dose
You should never miss a dose of this medicine as it can give you seizures. Take the missed dose as soon as possible. Never take two doses to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is this medicine used for?
A: This medicine is used for the treatment of different forms of epilepsy. Epilepsy is a brain-related condition characterised by loss of consciousness, lack of awareness, abnormal sensation and uncontrolled movements. It occurs due to abnormal electrical activity in the brain.
Q: How long does a typical seizure last?
A: A seizure usually lasts from a few seconds to a few minutes. It depends on the type of seizure.
Q: When should I take this medicine?
A: This medicine can be taken with or without food with plenty of liquid.
Q: Can I consume alcohol while taking this medicine?
A: Alcohol can affect the way this medicine works, avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine.
- Phenytoin 100mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 July 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 13 July 2021]
- Phenytoin: medicine to treat epilepsy and trigeminal neuralgia [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 13 July 2021]
C TOIN ER
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.