Amitax 500mg Inj 2ml
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
2ml Injection in Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Amitax 500mg Inj 2ml contains Amikacin as an active ingredient. It belongs to a class of medicines called Aminoglycoside antibiotics.
Uses of Amitax 500mg Inj 2ml
- Severe infections caused by bacteria like treatment of bloodstream infection
- Joints and bone infection
- Urinary tract infection
- Stomach infection
- Soft tissue infection
Contraindications of Amitax 500mg Inj 2ml
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are suffering from a disease called myasthenia gravis (severe muscle weakness)
Side effects of Amitax 500mg Inj 2ml
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Amitax 500mg Inj 2ml
Can I take Amitax 500mg Inj 2ml during pregnancy?
- Aminoglycoside can harm the foetus. However, the effect of this medicine is unknown in pregnancy
- Medicines from this class, when given in pregnancy, can result in deafness in the baby
- It is advisable to avoid conceiving if you are on this medication
Can I take Amitax 500mg Inj 2ml while breastfeeding?
- Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding, as it is unknown if Amikacin passes in human milk
- If you are breastfeeding, your doctor will tell you about the use of this medicine after assessing the benefits over risk
- In case you happen to breastfeed while being on this medication, watch for diarrhea, or diaper rash in the baby
Can I drive if I have consumed Amitax 500mg Inj 2ml?
This medicine may cause drowsiness or dizziness. Therefore, caution is advised while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Amitax 500mg Inj 2ml?
- No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a kidney problem
- You have hearing loss or ear disorder
- You experience ringing in the ears, or vertigo
- You have a history of allergy to any antibiotics related to Amikacin
- You have an allergy to sulfites
Mode of Action of Amitax 500mg Inj 2ml
How Does It Work?
Amitax 500mg Inj 2ml works by stopping protein synthesis that is necessary for the growth of certain types of bacteria which are responsible for the infection.
Directions for Use of Amitax 500mg Inj 2ml
- This medicine will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection
- Do not self inject this medicine
Interactions of Amitax 500mg Inj 2ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines which are used to increase the production of urine (diuretics/ water tablets), like Furosemide and Ethacrynic Acid
- Medicines used to treat pain and swelling (anti-inflammatory medicine) like Indomethacin
- Antibiotics like Penicillin or Cephalosporins or other antibiotics which can affect your kidney or hearing ability or balance
- Medicines known as anaesthetics, like Lidocaine
- Medicines used to relax the muscles (muscle relaxants)
- Medicines that slow down the loss of bone and strengthen bone, like Bisphosphonates
- Vitamin B1, like Thiamine that allows the body to use carbohydrates as energy
- Medicines used in chemotherapy (platinum containing compounds), like Cisplatin
Storage and disposal of Amitax 500mg Inj 2ml
- Keep this medicine below 25°C
- Keep out of the reach of children
- After dilution, the dose should be used within 24 hours
Dosage of Amitax 500mg Inj 2ml
Your doctor or nurse will give you this injection, so it is unlikely that you will be given more of this medicine. However, if you observe any symptoms, inform your doctor or nurse.
Missed a Dose
- Your doctor or nurse will monitor you when the medicine is given to you
- It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them about the same
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take while taking Amitax 500mg Inj 2ml?
- Have an adequate amount of fluids and water when you are on this medication
- If you are on this medication for long, your doctor may check your kidney function
- Immediately report to your doctor if you experience ringing in the ears, hearing or vision loss, skin tingling, muscle twitching and fits
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 15% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 18% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved