Eternex T 20mg Tablet
By ALEMBIC PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
This medicine contains Teneligliptin which belongs to a class of anti-diabetic medicine.
Uses of Eternex T 20mg Tab
It is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus in combination with diet and exercise
Contraindications of Eternex T 20mg Tab
- If you are allergic to teneligliptin or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you have metabolism-related problem called ketosis (when your body utilizes fats for energy and not sugar)
- If you have type1 diabetes mellitus
- If you are suffering from serious infection and have experienced diabetic coma (an emergency condition in which blood sugar gets too high)
- If you have to undergo surgery or are suffering from a serious physical injury, as these may require insulin for controlling blood sugar
- You have known history of pancreatitis
Side effects of Eternex T 20mg Tab
- Low blood sugar, be watchful for symptoms of low blood sugar like trembling, sweating, anxiety, blurred vision, tingling lips, paleness, irritability or confusion
- Headache, fever, nausea, vomiting,
- Constipation,bloating, gas, stomach pain, diarrhea
- Skin allergy (Itching, rashes), inflammation of pancreas
Precautions and Warnings of Eternex T 20mg Tab
Can I take Eternex T 20mg Tab during pregnancy?
You should not take this medicine during pregnancy. Limited information is available about its safety in pregnancy. This medicine should not be taken if you are pregnant.
Can I take Eternex T 20mg Tab while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to breastfeed when you are taking this medicine as limited information is available on how this medicine can affect your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Eternex T 20mg Tab?
- This medicine is known to cause low blood sugar levels which can impair your driving ability
- Always keep sugar, juice or a bar of chocolate in your car with you while driving
- In case you experience any of the symptoms of low blood glucose levels like dizziness, drowsiness, visual disturbances and sweating, stop driving immediately and have sugar/ juice
- Do not consume sugar-free items at such episodes
Can I consume alcohol with Eternex T 20mg Tab?
- It is unsafe to consume alcohol with this medicine as it affects the blood glucose levels
- It can decrease or increase the blood sugar level depending on the quantity and frequency of alcohol consumption
- It increases the appetite and you tend to consume more calories and it interferes the way this medicine works
- Alcohol can also increase the risk of developing the serious side effect of pancreatitis
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have serious liver and kidney function problems
- You have known history of pancreatitis or develop sudden pain in the stomach or back, immediately stop the medicine and report to the hospital
- You have malnutrition, are dieting, taking irregular meal, doing vigorous muscle exercise and consuming too much of alcohol, then you may experience low blood sugar
- You have undergone any surgery of stomach or intestine
- You have heart problems like irregular heart rhythm and heart failure as it may increase the symptoms further
- You are taking other medicines to treat diabetes like Insulin and Glimepiride, drastic fall in blood glucose can occur
Mode of Action of Eternex T 20mg Tab
How Does It Work?
- When we eat, glucose increases in the body. The small intestine increases the release of certain chemicals called incretins. These play an important role in controlling blood glucose. But these are rapidly degraded by an enzyme called DPPP-4read less
- Teneligliptin inhibits this DPP-4. Thus, incretins don’t get degraded rapidly and can act to control blood glucose
- It increases insulin synthesis by the pancreas, thereby reducing glucose levels
- It also decreases glucagon levels which is a counter-hormone of insulin, thereby further decreasing blood sugar levels
Directions for Use of Eternex T 20mg Tab
It should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water. It can be taken with or after food.
Interactions of Eternex T 20mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- You may have symptoms of low blood sugar if you are taking other medicines for diabetes like Metformin, Insulin, Canagliflozin, Liraglutide, medicines used to treat depression like Phenelzine, medicines for fever and pain (salicylates like aspirin) and medicines used to treat high blood pressure like Atenolol and Propranololread less
- You may have high blood sugar if you are taking steroids, thyroxine
- Never take this medicine if you are taking medicines like Quinidine, Sotalol, Procainamide and Amiodarone as it may cause heart rhythm problems and cardiac arrest
Storage and disposal of Eternex T 20mg Tab
- Store below 25°C protected from moisture, sun light and heat
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children
Dosage of Eternex T 20mg Tab
- Overdose of this medicine will lead to low blood sugar levels and you may experience symptoms like dizziness, fainting, sweating and tremors
- If you have the blood glucometer with you, test immediately and confirm
- Whether you test your levels or not, it is important to take some glucose water/juice/eat sugar or chocolates immediately and then rush to your doctor
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose is not advised as it will lead to fluctuations in your blood sugar
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one as taking double dose can cause a drastic fall in blood glucose which can be dangerous
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are other lifestyle modifications I need to consider to manage diabetes?
- This disease cannot be cured completely. However, you can control it. Here are a few simple tips to control diabetes
- Plan your diet, consume a balanced diet
- Limit carbohydrate and sugar intake
- Exercise regularly
- Monitor your blood glucose regularly
- Take your anti-diabetic medication on time
Q: What diet should I follow?
- A diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals
- Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks between meals like soups and salads
- Diet should include boiled, steamed or baked food
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), less use of ghee and butter
- Drink at least 8-10 glass of water daily
- Carry fruit or low-calorie high fibre biscuits while traveling
Q: What should I avoid being a diabetic patient?
- Do not shop when you are hungry
- You could be tempted to buy oily and fried food
- Avoid overeating
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Stop having daals with ghee and deep-fried pulses
- Avoid cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil
Last Updated on: 30 Jun 2020 | 06:39 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
OUR PAYMENT PARTNERS
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved