Dulcoflex 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablet
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
2 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dulcoflex Tablet contains Bisacodyl as an active ingredient. It is used to provide relief from constipation. It is also sometimes used before surgeries or operations to empty the bowel. Dulcoflex has laxative properties and it works by making your stool soft and improving the bowel movement in the intestine. Dulcoflex should not be used by a patient suffering from any inflammatory condition of the intestine or stomach, any infection in the digestive tract, appendicitis or dehydration. Before your doctor gives you this medicine, tell them if you have taken any medicine, supplement or herbal preparations.
Uses of Dulcoflex 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablet
- Dulcoflex Tablet is used as a laxative to provide relief from constipation.
- It is also used to empty the bowel before surgery and certain medical procedures.
Contraindications of Dulcoflex 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablet
- If you are allergic to Bisacodyl of any ingredient of Dulcoflex Tablet.
- If you have an infection in the appendix (appendicitis) or any inflammatory condition of the bowel.
- If you often experience vomiting and nausea due to intestine related disorders.
- If you have severe dehydration or salt imbalance in your body due to water loss.
Side effects of Dulcoflex 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablet
- Abdominal pain
- Skin rashes
- Stomach discomforts
Precautions and Warnings of Dulcoflex 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablet
Can I take Dulcoflex Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information related to the safety of this medicine in pregnant women. Dulcoflex Tablet should not be taken in pregnancy, especially during the first trimester. It is important to consult the doctor before using any medicines during pregnancy.
Can I take Dulcoflex Tablet while breastfeeding?
Dulcoflex can be used by a breastfeeding woman if prescribed by a doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dulcoflex Tablet?
Dulcoflex may cause dizziness and you may feel like passing out or fainting. Avoid driving if you experience any of the symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Dulcoflex Tablet?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and Dulcoflex. However, alcohol can cause dehydration and worsen the symptoms of constipation. Hence, avoid consuming alcohol if you experience constipation.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience constipation even after prolonged use of this medicine.
- You may experience fluid imbalance and a reduced level of potassium after taking this medicine.
- You experience dehydration, thirst and reduced urination after taking this tablet.
- You experience blood in the stools, dizziness and fainting.
- Dulcoflex should not be used for a prolonged duration without a known cause of constipation.
Mode of Action of Dulcoflex 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablet
How Does It Work?
Dulcoflex tablet contains Bisacodyl. Bisacodyl works on the large intestine. It stimulates the nerves present in the large intestine to generate contractions and promotes the accumulation of electrolytes and water. This results in the softening of stools and passing of the stools, reducing constipation.
Directions for Use of Dulcoflex 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablet
- Take this medicine as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow this medicine whole with an adequate amount of liquid.
- Avoid taking milk or antacids along with this medicine.
Interactions of Dulcoflex 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- The concomitant use of Dulcoflex tablet with antacids and milk products may result in indigestion (Dyspepsia) and irritation in the stomach.
- Using water pills like Hydrochlorothiazide or steroidal medicines like Cortisone may increase the risk of electrolyte imbalance if excessive doses of Dulcoflex tablet is taken.
- The electrolyte imbalance caused due to concomitant use of water pills and Dulcoflex may increase the activity of medicines used to treat heart disorders like Digoxin.
- Concomitant use of other medicines for constipation like Isabgol with Dulcoflex tablets may increase the side effects of Dulcoflex.
Storage and disposal of Dulcoflex 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablet
Store it below 25°C in the original container. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Dulcoflex 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablet
Overdose of Dulcoflex tablet may result in diarrhoea, abdominal cramps, dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. In case you have taken too much of this medicine, reach out to the nearest hospital or contact your doctor.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of Dulcoflex tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed one and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give Dulcoflex Tablet to my child?
A: It is not recommended to give this medicine to children. A normal adult dose can result in an overdose in the child. Hence, pediatrician advice is a must before giving any medicine to your child.
Q: Can Dulcoflex Tablet be used daily?
A: Dulcoflex Tablet should be used as per the directions and duration given by the doctor. It should not be used on a daily basis for a prolonged time without investigation of the cause of constipation.
Q: Will Dulcoflex Tablet help me lose weight?
A: No, Dulcoflex does not aid in losing weight. Consuming this medicine for any other purpose other than the laxative effect can result in severe side effects. Bisacodyl is ineffective in altering the digestion or absorption of calories or essential nutrients in the small intestine. Thus, it has no use in weight loss.
Q: Can I use Dulcoflex Tablets for piles?
A: No, Dulcoflex Tablet is not used for piles. They are used for treating short-term constipation. It is important to consult a doctor regarding medication to be used for piles.
Q: Will Dulcoflex help me to get rid of gas?
A: No, Dulcoflex Tablet is not used for reducing gas formation. It shows the laxative effect and treats constipation.
Q: Can I take Dulcoflex with milk?
A: No, Dulcoflex should not be taken with milk. This medicine when used with milk can interfere with the special coating of Dulcoflex Tablet and result in unwanted side effects.
Last Updated on: 07 Dec 2020 | 07:22 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved