Drofem Strip Of 10 Tablets
Drofem Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Drofem Tablet is used to provide relief from muscle spasms and pain associated with various conditions. It is a combination of medicine containing drotaverine and mefenamic acid as an active ingredie
nt. This medicine works by the combined action of both ingredients. Drotaverine is an anti-spasmodic medicine that helps in relieving spasms, and mefenamic acid has anti-inflammatory that helps to relieve pain. You should not take this medicine if you recently had a heart attack, before bypass surgery of heart or if you have or ever had an ulcer in the stomach or intestine. Taking this medicine longer than the prescribed duration or taking it too often may cause undesirable effects. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor. You should take a Drofem Tablet with meals to reduce stomach upset.
- Lysospas TabletBy Cachet Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 104.50₹ 104.50₹
- Drotikind M Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 93.50₹ 80.41₹
- Tame D TabletBy Elan Pharma(india) Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 110.00₹ 110.00₹
- Drotin M Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Walter Bushnell Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 193.69₹ 164.64₹
Uses of Drofem Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Drofem Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to mefenamic acid, drotaverine or any of the ingredients of Drofem Tablet.
- If you have a kidney or liver function problem, history of asthma or stomach or intestinal ulcers.
- If you have any blood-related disorders like unusual bleeding and porphyria (related to haemoglobin function).
- If you had a heart attack recently, undergoing a coronary artery bypass graft. Do not take this medicine right before the surgery or after the surgery without consulting a doctor.
Side effects of Drofem Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Dryness in mouth
- Thirsty feeling
Precautions and Warnings of Drofem Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are an elderly person, the chances of getting side effects are more.
- You have a history of any kind of respiratory disorders like asthma.
- You have a liver or kidney function problem.
- You are suffering from fits, tremors or epilepsy.
- You have a heart-related problem or high blood pressure.
- You have a history of heart failure or such episodes.
- You are suffering from ulcers or bleeding in the stomach or intestine.
- You experience allergic reactions upon consumption of Drofem.
- Women may experience infertility. Thus, women who are trying to conceive or taking any fertility treatment should avoid consuming this medicine.
Mode of Action of Drofem Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Pain and spasm are experienced due to the production of an inflammatory mediator called prostaglandin and due to reduced calcium levels. Drofem helps in relieving such symptoms due to the combined action of its constituents....
- Drotaverine acts by inhibiting an enzyme which reduces calcium uptake by the cells, thereby correcting the calcium levels in the body it reduces the spasms in the smooth muscles. Mefenamic acid inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins which is responsible for pain....
Directions for Use of Drofem Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions of Drofem Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Drofem works or Drofem itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat blood pressure like Aliskiren, Captopril and Valsartan should be avoided.
- Blood thinners such as Warfarin should be used cautiously with Drofem as there is increased risk of bleeding.
- Drofem should not be taken along with other pain killers or analgesic medicines.
- Drofem can aggravate the blood-glucose-lowering action of anti-diabetic medicines, and you may experience symptoms of low blood sugar.
- Water pills, Cyclosporin, and Tacrolimus if taken along with Drofem can increase the risk of toxicity to kidneys.
- There is an increased risk of bleeding and ulceration if Drofem is taken along with steroids and certain medicines used for mental illness.
- Other medicines like Prednisone, Methotrexate, Fluconazole, Zidovudine, Digoxin, Probenecid, and certain antibiotics should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Drofem Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Drofem Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions do I need to take after taking this medicine?
Q: Can Drofem be used for menstrual cramps?
Q: Can I take Drofem while breastfeeding?
Q: Can we take Drofem in an empty stomach?
Q: How long does it take for Drofem to show its effect?
Q: How many times Drofem can be taken in a day?
- Drotaverine: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Drugbank.ca. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Ponstan Capsules 250mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Drotaverine HCL-Mefenamic Acid-DROTAFIX Tablet [Internet]. Bionova.co.in. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Ponstan Capsules 250mg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]