Alex Cough Lozenges
By GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Lozenge(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Alex Lozenge contains dextromethorphan as its active medicine which works as a cough suppressant for patients suffering from dry cough. Do not chew or swallow this medicine, hold it in your mouth and allow it to dissolve slowly.
Uses of Alex Cough Lozenges
For the treatment of dry cough.
Contraindications of Alex Cough Lozenges
If you are allergic to dextromethorphan or any other ingredients of this medicine. If you are at risk of respiratory failure. If you suffer from liver disease. If you are taking medicines for mental health issues that fall in the category of MAO inhibitors (eg. phenelzine, selegiline, procarbazine) or SSRIs (eg. escitalopram, paroxetine, sertraline, etc). For children below 6 years of age.
Side effects of Alex Cough Lozenges
- Sleepiness (drowsiness)
- Unsteadiness (dizziness)
- Mental confusion
- Difficulty in breathing
- Sickness and abdominal discomfort
- Rashes and allergic reaction
Precautions and Warnings of Alex Cough Lozenges
Can I take Alex Lozenge during pregnancy?
Alex Lozenge should not be given to pregnant women. Consult your doctor and ask for safer alternatives.
Can I take Alex Lozenge while breastfeeding?
It is not known whether Alex Lozenge is passed into the breastmilk or not. However, you should not take it if you breastfeed your child. Consult your doctor regarding the use of this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Alex Lozenge?
It is not safe to drive if you have taken Alex Lozenge. This medicine affects your ability to drive as it causes dizziness and drowsiness. Make sure you take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor and drive only when you feel completely alert and oriented.
Can I consume alcohol with Alex Lozenge?
It is not advisable to consume alcohol if you are taking Alex Lozenge, as it may worsen the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have asthma, difficulty in breathing or cough with secretions.
- You are giving it to a child with severe allergies.
- You are taking any other medicines for cough or cold.
- You are taking it for a long duration, you might become dependent on this medicine.
- You may experience some serious complications if you are on medicines like selective serotonin inhibitor, MAO inhibitor or CYP2D6 inhibitors.
Mode of Action of Alex Cough Lozenges
How Does It Work?
Alex Lozenge contains dextromethorphan as its active medicine, which acts on the cough centre of the brain and suppresses cough. It offers good relief in dry cough and should not be consumed if you have a cough with secretions.
Directions for Use of Alex Cough Lozenges
- Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not chew or swallow the medicine, allow it to dissolve slowly in the mouth.
Interactions of Alex Cough Lozenges
Interactions with other medicines
- Alex Lozenge can cause serious complications when given concomitantly or even within 14 days of last administration of some medicines used to treat psychotic disorders eg. phenelzine, selegiline, procarbazine (MAO inhibitors) or SSRI's (eg. escitalopram, paroxetine, sertraline, etc.)read less
- Medicines acting on the brain can alter the effect of Alex Lozenge.
- Some anti-allergic medicines and medicines for mental illness should be used with caution.
- The use of quinidine, a medicine used for the treatment of irregular heart rhythm can increase the effect of this medicine. Hence, concomitant use should be avoided. In case the use is unavoidable the patient should be closely monitored during the treatment.read less
Storage and disposal of Alex Cough Lozenges
Store it below 30 degrees in a cool and dry place. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Alex Cough Lozenges
If you have taken too much of this medicine, you may experience drowsiness, dizziness, unconsciousness, nausea, difficulty in breathing. Contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Alex Lozenge make me sleepy?
A: Yes, Alex Lozenge can make you sleepy. Take this medicine after consulting your doctor.
Q: Can I swallow Alex Lozenge with water?
A: Alex Lozenge should not be swallowed with water or crushed. Keep it in your mouth like candy and let it dissolve slowly.
Q: Is it safe to give Alex Lozenge to a patient with Schizophrenia?
A: It may be unsafe to give Alex Lozenge to a patient with Schizophrenia because some of the ongoing medicines may interact with Alex Lozenge and cause serious complications. It is highly recommended that you do not give a Schizophrenic patient any medicine without consulting his/her doctor. Avoid self-medication.
Last Updated on: 05 Apr 2021 | 04:11 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved