Abd Plus Tab
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
1 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Abd Plus Tab Description
Abd plus tablet is a combination albendazole and ivermectin. It is an anti-worm medicine. Abd plus tablet is used to treat infection of the intestine caused by worms. The combination acts as a deworm
ing agent by killing the worm and eliminating them from the body.
|You Save||₹12.15 (30% on MRP)|
|Contains||Albendazole(400.0 Mg) + Ivermectin(6.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, stomach pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Albendazole(400.0 Mg) + Ivermectin(6.0 Mg)
Uses of Abd Plus Tab
- Abd plus tablet is used to treat intestinal worm/parasite infections.
- It suppresses the growth of worm/parasite causing filariasis, a disease characterised by enlargement of different body parts especially legs.
Contraindications of Abd Plus Tab
- If you are allergic to albendazole, ivermectin or other ingredients of Abd plus tablet.
- If you are allergic to medicines similar to albendazole like omeprazole, mebendazole, etc.
Side effects of Abd Plus Tab
- Stomach pain
- Muscle pain
Precautions and Warnings of Abd Plus Tab
Can I take Abd plus tablet during pregnancy?
Avoid during pregnancy; it has the potential to harm the unborn baby. Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or may be pregnant or planning pregnancy.
Can I take Abd plus tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effect of the Abd plus tablet on breastfeeding. Caution is advised while breastfeeding.
Can I drive after consuming Abd plus tablet?
If you experience dizziness, fits or visual disturbances after taking Abd plus tablet, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Abd plus tablet?
As Abd plus tablet is known to cause liver problems and liver functions need to be monitored while on therapy, limit the alcohol consumption to a minimum or avoid it completely.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience rashes, body swelling or allergic reaction to skin, dark patches on skin and swelling.
- You experience vision abnormalities, headache, fits, dizziness and ringing in the ears, that lead to an eye disorder.
- You have a liver function problem, a liver enzyme test is recommended.
- You suffer from neck pain, back pain, difficulty in breathing, confusion, laziness and unconsciousness.
- You are a woman of childbearing, you must get tested for pregnancy before starting the treatment and are advised to use proper contraception to avoid pregnancy.
- Examination of stool is advised to check if the infection is getting cleared.
- Blood cell count must be tested after every 4 weeks at the beginning of therapy and every two weeks later on.
- Abd plus tablet must not be used in children below 2 years of age.
Mode of Action of Abd Plus Tab
How Does It Work?
Albendazole inhibits the uptake of glucose by a parasite that causes energy deficit and death of the parasite. Ivermectin increases the permeability of the outer cell membrane of the parasite the outer membrane which affects its muscle and nerve function leading to paralysis and death of the parasite. Albendazole and Ivermectin together lead to better elimination of parasites....
Directions for Use of Abd Plus Tab
Abd plus tablet must be taken as directed by the doctor. Swallow as a whole with a glass of water. Take it at the same time every day for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by the doctor....
Interactions of Abd Plus Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines affect the way Abd plus tablet works or Abd plus tablet itself affects the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the physician about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Taking medicines like Steroids like dexamethasone used for skin allergies, asthma and arthritis, to treat worm infections like Praziquantel, a medicine used in asthma, antacids, blood thinners, etc.
- Discuss with the doctor about other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking to avoid possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Abd Plus Tab
- Store Abd plus tablet in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children.
Dosage of Abd Plus Tab
An overdose of Abd plus tablet include fits, vomiting, slow heart rate, dizziness, diarrhoea or skin rashes. If you have consumed excess medicine, seek medical help.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For what type of infections can I use Abd plus tablet?
A: The medicine is used to treat roundworm infections. Common roundworms are Ascaris lumbricoides (long roundworm), trochilus trichiura (whipworm), necator americanus (new world hookworm) and ancylostoma duodenale (old world hookworm), Strongyloides stercoralis (threadworm) and filariasis (elephantiasis). The medicine is safe and effective in treating infections due to these parasites.
Q: How can I know I affected by nematode infection?
A: Symptoms vary for different parasites. Most of these worms cause gastrointestinal symptoms but some of them cause cough, blood in sputum, lung and brain infections. Loss of appetite, fever, diarrhoea, weight loss, nausea, vomiting, anaemia and eosinophilia are some symptoms for most nematodes. Avoid self-medicating with the medicine. Avoid taking the medicine on prescription, even if you are sure that you have the disease.
Q: Can I take Abd plus tablet during pregnancy?
A: Avoid during pregnancy it causes harm to the unborn child. The risk associated with the use of medicine during pregnancy weighs more than the benefits.
Q: Can I take Abd plus tablet during periods?
A: Yes, Abd plus tablet is taken during periods.
- Bendex Plus [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- DailyMed - ALBENDAZOLE tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Ivermectin [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- BANDY PLUS Dosage & Drug Information | CIMS India [Internet]. Mims.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed