Cefakind P Dry Syrup 30ml
Cefakind P 50 MG Description
Cefakind P Dry Syrup is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of a wide range of bacterial infections in children. It is effective against infections of the respiratory tract, ears, lu
ngs, skin or soft tissues, urinary tract, etc. It contains cefuroxime as its main component. Cefakind P Dry Syrup is specially designed for use in children and should be used under adults’ supervision. Please inform your doctor if your child is allergic to antibiotics or has experienced any allergic reactions after taking antibiotics. Give this medicine as prescribed and for the prescribed duration to your child.
Uses of Cefakind P 50 MG
Contraindications of Cefakind P 50 MG
- If your child is allergic to cefuroxime Axetil or any of the other ingredients of Cefakind P Dry Syrup
- If your child has a history of severe allergic reaction to Penicillin, Monobactams, Carbapenems or other Beta-Lactam antibiotic.
Side effects of Cefakind P 50 MG
- Stomach pain
- Increased chances of fungal infections
Precautions and Warnings of Cefakind P 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- Your child has continuous diarrhoea after taking this medicine.
- Your child develops an allergic reaction such as difficulty in breathing, rashes, swelling of face or mouth after taking Cefakind P Dry Syrup.
- Your child is suffering from any kidney-related disease. Do not use Cefakind P Dry Syrup for any other condition than that prescribed by the doctor.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that your child is using this medicine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with certain lab tests.
Mode of Action of Cefakind P 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cefakind P 50 MG
- Cefakind P Dry Syrup should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Read the instructions carefully on the label before using the medicine
- Shake well before use. It should be taken after food.
Interactions of Cefakind P 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cefakind P Dry Syrup works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals your child is currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if your child has a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of Cefakind P Dry Syrup along with Probenecid is not recommended.
- Other medicines like warfarin (blood thinners) should be used with caution along with this medicine.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Cefakind P 50 MG
- Store Cefakind P Dry Syrup at or below 30°C, protect it from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Cefakind P 50 MG
- If you have given too much of Cefakind P Dry Syrup to your child, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can fail the therapy. If you have missed giving any dose of Cefakind P Dry Syrup, then give it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Cefakind P Dry Syrup?
Q: How does Cefakind P Dry Syrup work?
Q: Should Cefakind P Dry Syrup be taken with or without food?
- Zinnat 125 mg/5 ml granules for oral suspension cefuroxime - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- Zinnat Suspension 125mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- Lactmed - Cefuroxime axetil [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
- Cefakind 500 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Cefakind Cv 500 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Cefakind 250 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Cefakind Cv 250 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Cefakind 125 Mg Bottle Of 30 Ml Dry Syrup
- Cefakind Dt 125 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Cefakind 500 Mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Cefakind Cv 500 Mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Cefakind Cv 250 Mg Tablet