Meftal P Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
Meftal P 100 MG/5ML Description
Meftal-P suspension is an analgesic medication. It is used to reduce fever and pain associated with sprains and injuries in children. It also helps to reduce swelling, redness, and pain in the joints
due to juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. The body produces large amounts of a chemical called prostaglandin in response to an injury or infection. These chemicals are responsible for causing fever, redness, swelling, and pain. Meftal-P suspension contains mefenamic acid as the active ingredient. It is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) medicine that decreases the production of these fever and pain-causing chemicals. Give this medicine to your child exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Shake well before use. Do not give more than the recommended dose. Use a measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity. Do not consume directly from the bottle. Do not give this medicine to your child if he/she is allergic to any of its components. Before taking Meftal-P suspension, inform your doctor about your child’s complete medical history. Also, inform the doctor about all other medicines and supplements your child is taking.
- Mefkind P Bottle Of 60ml SuspensionBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd60ml Suspension in BottleMRP 36.80₹ 29.44₹ 0.49/Ml
Uses of Meftal P 100 MG/5ML
- To relieve fever and pain in children.
- To relieve muscle and joint pain in juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (arthritis in children).
Contraindications of Meftal P 100 MG/5ML
- If your child is allergic to mefenamic acid, other painkillers such as ibuprofen or other ingredients of Meftal-P suspension.
- If your child has a condition of inflammation, swelling and pain in the digestive tract.
- If your child has asthma.
- If your child has or had problems with intestinal bleeding or stomach ulcers with or without the use of painkillers.
- If your child has heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- If your child suffers from epilepsy.
- If your child is on blood clotting medicines like warfarin.
Side effects of Meftal P 100 MG/5ML
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Meftal P 100 MG/5ML
Other General Warnings
- Your child has blood tests scheduled to be done.
- Your child develops skin allergies like skin rashes, itching, papules and blisters after using this medicine.
- Your child has asthma or is prone to seasonal allergies and rhinitis.
- Your child has a heart, liver or kidney problem.
- Your child has a stomach ache.
- Your child has epilepsy.
Directions for Use of Meftal P 100 MG/5ML
- Meftal-P suspension should be given to your child as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use and read the instructions on the bottle before use.
- Use a proper measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity.
- Do not give it directly from the bottle.
- Do not give more than the prescribed dose.
Storage and disposal of Meftal P 100 MG/5ML
- Store Meftal-P suspension at room temperature.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Meftal P 100 MG/5ML
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Meftal P 100 MG/5ML
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Meftal P 100 MG/5ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Meftal-P suspension works or this medicine itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor of all the medicines, supplements or herbals your child is taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.