Olpin 5mg Tablets
By EAST WEST PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Olpin 5 MG Description
Olpin 5mg Tab contains Olanzapine which is an antipsychotic.
|₹4.48 (14% on MRP)
Check more medicines with composition as Olanzapine(5.0 Mg)
Uses of Olpin 5 MG
It is used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
Contraindications of Olpin 5 MG
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you have a history of increased pressure in the eyes (glaucoma)
Side effects of Olpin 5 MG
- Weight gain
- Excessive sleep
- Feeling dizzy when getting up from lying or sitting position
- Increased levels of prolactin in the blood
- Unusual movement of face or tongue
- Feeling of restlessness (akathisia)
- Increase in liver enzymes, increase in sugar in blood and urine
- Feeling of hungriness
- Dry mouth
- Swelling of hands, ankles, feet
- Joint pain
- Loss of strength
- Decreased libido in males and females
Precautions and Warnings of Olpin 5 MG
Can I take Olpin 5mg Tab during pregnancy?
- It is not recommended to take this medicine if you are pregnant
- If a woman is taking this medicine in the last trimester of pregnancy, then the baby may have shivering, weakness, sleepiness, breathing and feeding difficulties
Can I take Olpin 5mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding as Olanzapine passes into breast milk and may harm your baby. It is advised not to breastfeed your child when you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Olpin 5mg Tab?
This medicine is known to cause sleepiness and dizziness, hence driving or operating machines should be avoided while you are taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Olpin 5mg Tab?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption along with this medicine as it may worsen the side effects like sleepiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of fits
- You are an old aged person and have loss of memory
- You experience unusual movements of face or tongue
- You may experience weight gain, monitor your weight regularly, seek dietician's help
- You may experience high blood sugar level and high level of cholesterol and regular blood tests are needed to keep a check on these
- You have a family history of blood clots (This medicine is known to cause blood clots)
- You are suffering from stroke
- You have a blockage in your intestine
- You are suffering from the prostate problem (frequent urination, burning sensation during urination, etc.)
- You are suffering from blood disorders, heart disease, diabetes, Parkinson's disease, liver or kidney disease
Mode of Action of Olpin 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Olanzapine helps in restoring the chemical balance of various chemical substances in the brain which may cause mental illness.
Directions for Use of Olpin 5 MG
Swallow the whole tablet with water or as prescribed by your physician.
Interactions of Olpin 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat anxiety or make you sleep
- Medicine used to treat fungal infection like Ketoconazole
- Medicines used to treat Parkinson’s disease
- Medicines used to treat fits like Carbamazepine
- Medicines used to treat depression (antidepressant) like Fluvoxamine
- Medicines used to treat infections (antibiotic) like Ciprofloxacin
Interactions with food items
Olanzapine may be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Olpin 5 MG
- Store at room temperature (below 30°C)
- Keep out of reach of children and protect it from light and moisture
Dosage of Olpin 5 MG
- Symptoms of overdose include rapid heartbeat, aggressiveness, unusual movements (of face or tongue), reduced level of consciousness, confusion, fits, sweating, drowsiness, muscle stiffness, slowing of breathing rate, high or low blood pressure, abnormal heart rhythm...
- Seek emergency medical attention if you happen to take more of this medicine
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Olpin 5mg Tab a sleeping aid?
A: Olpin 5mg Tab is typically used as a medicine for schizophrenia. It is not prescribed for insomnia.
Q: Does Olpin 5mg Tab work straight away?
A: No, the medicine will not work immediately. You will generally feel its effects in a short while; however, it can take many weeks as well.
Q: Can I stop taking Olanzapine on my own?
A: No, do not stop this medicine on your own. If your doctor considers it necessary, then he/ she may decrease the dose of the medicine gradually before stopping it. If you stop it suddenly, then you may experience sweating, tremor, nausea, vomiting.
Expires on or After
Low Red Cell Distribution Width in Blood: Interpreting Your Blood Test Results
Key Highlights: Introduction Understanding blood test results is essential for getting the right care and maintaining good health. Red cell distribution width (RDW) is an important aspect that can provide clues about your overall well-being. In this article, you will learn about what RDW is, why it is measured, how to interpret your RDW results,
WBC Differential Count: Decoding Its Clinical Significance With Research Insights
Key Highlights: Introduction Our body requires a healthy immune system. Key to this system are the white blood cells (WBCs). They protect us from infections and foreign substances. We may be able to assess how they work by looking at WBC differential counts. Medical professionals use them to see how the immune system responds in
MPV Blood Test: Understanding Its Importance and Results
Key Highlights: Introduction Platelets are the cells in your blood that help in clotting and repairing wounds. Well, it is necessary to check their health. That’s where the Mean Platelet Volume (MPV) blood test comes into picture. In this article, we’ll explore the world of MPV blood tests. We’ll learn what MPV is, how to
PDW Blood Test: Understanding Its Purpose and Results
Key Highlights: Introduction The PDW blood test is a medical test that checks for size differences in blood platelets. The main function of platelets includes clotting and ensuring smooth blood flow in the body. In this article, we will cover the basics of a PDW blood test. We’ll discuss about why it’s done, how
MCH Blood Test: Interpreting the Results and Understanding Its Importance
Key Highlights: Introduction The MCH blood test is a crucial diagnostic tool that may aid in understanding and maintaining good health. In this article, we will delve into the importance of the MCH blood test and shed light on what it reveals about an individual’s overall well-being. We will discuss essential aspects such as understanding
Reticulocyte Count: A Comprehensive Guide and Its Significance in Medical Diagnosis
Key Highlights: Introduction Reticulocytes are immature red blood cells. Assessing their number in the blood may help us detect problems tied to the production of red blood cells and how our bone marrow functions. In this article, we will delve into how the test is performed and how the results are interpreted. Lastly, we will
Red Blood Cells: Exploring Their Function and Importance in Health
Key Highlights: Introduction Red blood cells (RBCs) are special cells that carry oxygen. They go from the lungs to all parts of our body. RBCs owe their oxygen-carrying capacity to haemoglobin, an iron-rich protein. This protein grabs oxygen and takes it around the body via the bloodstream. But they don’t just carry oxygen. They also
RDW Blood Test: Interpreting Results and Understanding its Importance
Key Highlights: Introduction Red blood cell distribution width (RDW) is an important factor when it comes to understanding the health of your blood cells. An indicator of the variations in the size and volume of red blood cells, RDW plays a crucial role in diagnosing and differentiating various health conditions, including anaemia. In this article,
Normal Platelet Count: Understanding the Research-Based Range
Key Highlights: Introduction A healthy platelet count is a vital aspect of our overall health, as it helps our blood clot appropriately in response to injury. Understanding the normal range of platelets is essential in detecting any imbalances or deviations from the norm that could lead to complications. In this article we will delve into
MCV Blood Test: Decoding its Significance in Your Health Report
Key Highlights: Introduction Managing your overall health requires an understanding of your blood test results. The MCV blood test is a key part of this. In this article, we will delve into the value of MCV blood test. We will take you through its role in making sense of your health report. We will also
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.