Dolo Cold Syrup 60ml
Dolo Cold Syrup 60ml Description
Dolo Cold syrup is a medicine that relieves common cold symptoms. The main use of Dolo Cold syrup is to manage cold and allergic symptoms such as runny nose, sneezing, and watery eyes. It can also lo
wer mild pain such as headaches, body pains, etc. A few side effects of Dolo Cold syrup have been noted such as drowsiness, nausea, etc.; however, it is rare to have an allergic reaction to this medication. The three main active ingredients in Dolo Cold syrup are Paracetamol, Chlorpheniramine, and Phenylephrine. The mode of action of Dolo Cold syrup is that it blocks the release of certain chemical messengers that cause inflammation, pain, and fever. This results in producing an anti-inflammatory action that reduces fever, redness, swelling, etc. This medicine also contains an antihistamine, which helps in reducing the symptoms of allergy. It is better to follow your doctor’s directions for the use of Dolo Cold syrup correctly. If you have any stomach bleeding or perforation, inform your doctor. Also, people with kidney or liver issues should inform the doctor of their health status at the time of prescription of Dolo Cold syrup. This medicine is usually best when taken with food; otherwise, it can upset your stomach. Do not take Dolo Cold syrup more or use them for longer than recommended.
|You Save||₹6.21 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Chlorpheniramine + Paracetamol + Pseudoephedrine|
|Uses||Dry cough suppression|
|Side effects||Excessive drowsiness, Dizziness, Stomach pain or upset, Swelling of feet and ankles, Dry mouth, Problems with balancing.|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Uses of Dolo Cold Syrup 60ml
- As per CDSCO, Dolo Cold syrup is used to manage dry cough in various conditions, such as infection of the upper respiratory tract, common cold, allergies, hay fever, breathing illnesses like sinusitis, etc....
Contraindications of Dolo Cold Syrup 60ml
- Do not use Dolo Cold syrup without consulting a doctor, or use caution:
- If you have a known hypersensitive reaction to any main ingredient of Dolo Cold syrup.
- If you cough with mucus as this syrup is not effective in clearing mucus.
- If you have a cough related to chronic smoking.
- If you have chronic respiratory conditions such as emphysema (collapse of the lung causing shortness of breath), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, etc.
- If you have respiratory depression (slow and steady decline of respiration).
- If you have serious stomach or intestinal blockage.
- If you have any active stomach bleeding or ulcers.
Side effects of Dolo Cold Syrup 60ml
- Blurred vision
- Abdominal pain or constipation
- Dry mouth
- Mood changes
- Coordination problems
Precautions and Warnings of Dolo Cold Syrup 60ml
Other General Warnings
- You have been giving this medicine to a child for a long time.
- You have been diagnosed with a seizure disorder and are currently under treatment.
- You have a severe liver- or kidney-related condition.
- You are an older adult over 65. This syrup can cause excessive side effects.
- You have stomach ulcers or bleeding in the stomach or intestines.
- You have trouble passing urine.
- You have diabetes.
- You have a hyperactive thyroid, high blood pressure, glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eye), etc.
- You use herbal or Ayurvedic products or supplements that may interact with this syrup.
Mode of Action of Dolo Cold Syrup 60ml
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Dolo Cold Syrup 60ml
- Take Dolo Cold syrup exactly as directed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the prescribed dosage of Dolo Cold syrup, even if you cannot feel its effects.
- Do not use Dolo Cold syrup if its package is damaged or already open.
- Do not abruptly stop taking Dolo Cold Syrup, as this can cause adverse effects.
- Do not take it with other medicines without informing your doctor.
- You can take this syrup with or without food.
Interactions of Dolo Cold Syrup 60ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Using Dolo Cold syrup with other antihistamines or anti-allergy medicines or syrups, such as cetirizine and diphenhydramine, can increase the effects of drowsiness.
- Consult your doctor before using Dolo cold syrup if you are taking antidepressants like amitriptyline. This can cause serious side effects or alter the effectiveness of the medicines.
- Excessive drowsiness will occur if you use the Dolo Cold syrup with other medicines that cause drowsiness, such as sleeping pills, sedatives, muscle relaxants, etc.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid grapefruit and its juice, if possible. This fruit can reduce the effects caused by this tablet. You can take this medicine before or after a meal.
Storage and disposal of Dolo Cold Syrup 60ml
Dosage of Dolo Cold Syrup 60ml
Missed a Dose
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop using Dolo Cold syrup if I am feeling better?
Q: Will the Dolo Cold syrup make me drowsy or sleepy?
Q: Should I continue using Dolo Cold syrup if I still have a cough?
- Chlorpheniramine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. medlineplus.gov U.S. National Library of Medicine [cited 20 Mar 2022]. Available from:
- JZ; J-BMN. Paracetamol: Mechanism of action, applications and safety concern [Internet]. Acta poloniae pharmaceutica. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 20 Mar 2022]. Available from
- New Drugs Approved by CDSCO [Internet]. cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 20 Mar 2022]. Available from:
- Acetaminophen; chlorpheniramine; phenylephrine; Phenyltoloxamine Tablet [Internet]. Cleveland Clinic. [cited 20 Mar 2022]. Available from: