Asucrose 25mg Tab
By WOCKHARDT LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Asucrose 25mg Tab is a medicine used to control high blood sugar in patients with Type II diabetes. It contains acarbose as an active ingredient. It is used for patients where diet alone and other anti-diabetic medicines are not able to produce adequate blood sugar control. It works by inhibiting the action of certain chemicals which breaks down the complex carbohydrates and releases glucose in the blood. It helps in controlling the post-meal sugar spikes. Patients with diabetes should follow all the instructions, dietary recommendations, and exercise regimen suggested by your doctor while taking this medicine to achieve optimal blood sugar levels. Before initiating the treatment tell your doctor about your detailed medical history and all the medicines, supplements and herbals you are currently taking or might take.
Uses of Asucrose 25mg Tab
For the management of high blood sugar in Type II diabetes.
Contraindications of Asucrose 25mg Tab
- If you are allergic to acarbose or any ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have inflammation, ulcer, hernia or obstruction in any part of the intestine.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding a baby.
- If you have kidney or liver-related disorder.
Side effects of Asucrose 25mg Tab
- Accumulation of gas
- Abdominal pain
- Stomach related discomforts
- Feeling of fullness
Precautions and Warnings of Asucrose 25mg Tab
Can I take Asucrose 25mg Tab during pregnancy?
Asucrose 25mg Tab should not be taken by a pregnant or expecting woman as there is no information available on its safety in human pregnancy. If pregnancy is detected while taking this medicine, inform your doctor immediately.
Can I take Asucrose 25mg Tab while breastfeeding?
A lactating woman should not take Asucrose 25mg Tab as it may pass into breast milk and produce undesirable effects in the breastfed infant.
Can I drive if I have consumed Asucrose 25mg Tab ?
There is no information available about the influence of this medicine on driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Asucrose 25mg Tab ?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine, As alcohol contains empty calories and can alter your blood sugar levels.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are experiencing low blood sugar after taking this medicine.
- The administration of certain antacids should be monitored while taking this medicine.
- You may develop liver problems while taking this medicine, regular monitoring of liver enzymes is recommended.
Mode of Action of Asucrose 25mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Asucrose 25mg Tab works by reducing or slowing down the action of certain enzymes in the intestine. This slows down the breakdown of carbohydrates and release of glucose in the bloodstream thereby reducing sugar spikes.
Directions for Use of Asucrose 25mg Tab
Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor, preferably after the first meal.
Interactions of Asucrose 25mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way this medicine works or this medicine itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking anti-diabetic medicines like insulin, metformin and glimepiride as it can lead to an excessive drop in blood glucose and symptoms need to be monitored.
- Medicines containing digestive enzymes and absorbents can reduce the effectiveness of this medicine.
- Other medicines that are used to lower blood cholesterol and medicines used for heart diseases like nifedipine and digoxin should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
Sucrose (cane sugar) and foods containing sucrose should be avoided with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Asucrose 25mg Tab
Store at room temperature in a cool and dry place. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Asucrose 25mg Tab
Symptoms of an overdose may include accumulation of gas in the stomach and diarrhoea. If you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember it and then take the next dose at the right time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When should I take this medicine?
A: You should take this medicine preferably before a meal or your first meal of the day.
Q: Is this medicine effective for weight loss?
A: No, this medicine does not help in losing weight, and it should only be used for the treatment of diabetes.
Q: What should I do if I experience sudden drop in blood sugar after taking this medicine?
A: You should take glucose if you experience hypoglycemia while taking this medicine. Complex carbohydrates and sucrose should be avoided as acarbose can delay the absorption of complex sugars.
Last Updated on: 17 Jun 2021 | 08:18 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved