Glucomol Od Eye Drops 5ml
By ALLERGAN INDIA PVT LTD
5ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Glucomol Eye Drop are used for a condition known as "ocular hypertension" where the pressure within the eye is increased due to increased fluids. It is also used in open-angle glaucoma. It contains timolol as the active component. It should not be used in children below 2 years of age. Glucomol Eye Drop should are meant for external use only. Avoid the use of contact lenses while using these drops. Avoid touching the dropper with your eye. Inform your doctor if you have heart or respiratory conditions and are on other medications as well. You may experience eye irritation, burning sensation, dryness, blurred vision. If these symptoms do not resolve or worsen, consult with your doctor....
|You Save||₹15.30 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
Check more medicines with composition as Timolol(0.25 %)
Uses of Glucomol 0.25 %
Glucomol Eye Drop are used to lower the intraocular (within the eye) pressure in patients with open-angle glaucoma or hypertension of the eye (ocular hypertension).
Contraindications of Glucomol 0.25 %
- If you are allergic to timolol or any other component of Glucomol Eye Drop.
- If you have a history of respiratory diseases such as bronchial asthma or severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- If you have any heart disease or disorder, including heart failure.
- If you have severe kidney failure or disease.
Side effects of Glucomol 0.25 %
- Burning and stinging sensation
- Pain, discharge, irritation, blurred vision, redness of the eye
- Swelling and itching of the eyelid
- Altered taste sensation
Precautions and Warnings of Glucomol 0.25 %
Can I use Glucomol Eye Drop during pregnancy?
Glucomol Eye Drop should not be used during pregnancy, as they may cause harm to the unborn baby. Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
Can I use Glucomol Eye Drop while breastfeeding?
The components of Glucomol Eye Drop may pass into the breastmilk and cause harm to the newborn baby. The use of Glucomol Eye Drop is not recommended during breastfeeding. Talk To your doctor if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have used Glucomol Eye Drop?
Glucomol Eye Drop may cause blurring of vision, which may alter the ability to drive. Hence, avoid driving until all these symptoms are resolved.
Can I consume alcohol with Glucomol Eye Drop?
It is recommended to avoid or limit the consumption of alcohol with Glucomol Eye Drop, as it may increase the side effects. Talk to your doctor if you consume it too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience an allergic reaction.
- You have heart, respiratory, diabetes and liver disease or condition.
- You have or had a kidney stone.
- You are on any other medications.
- You have diabetes and/or hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid gland).
- You experience loss of vision, dryness of the eye.
- You have a planned surgery.
- You wear contact lenses.
- Glucomol Eye Drop should not be used in children below 2 years of age.
Mode of Action of Glucomol 0.25 %
How Does It Work?
- Glucomol Eye Drop contains Timolol. It acts by decreasing the aqueous humour production, lowering the build fluid pressure within your eye.
Directions for Use of Glucomol 0.25 %
- Use Glucomol Eye Drop as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss an application.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper. Keep the dropper clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
Interactions of Glucomol 0.25 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Effect of Glucomol Eye Drop may be increased with medicine use to heart condition such as diltiazem, verapamil, quinidine, propranolol, atenolol, amiodarone, digitalis, guanethidine.
- Concomitant use of these eye drops with medicine used to increase heart rate such as adrenaline may cause dilation of the pupil (mydriasis).
- Since Glucomol Eye Drop is to be used externally, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
Storage and disposal of Glucomol 0.25 %
- Store at a temperature not exceeding 15°- 25°C.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Discard the solution if it changes colour, turns cloudy or if contains particles.
Dosage of Glucomol 0.25 %
- As Glucomol Eye Drop is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- Excess of this medicine may cause dizziness, headache, shortness of breath, decrease heart rate, fatigue, eye irritation or electrolyte imbalance.
- If you have applied extra quantities of it, wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed instilling Glucomol Eye Drop, instil it as soon as possible. Do not over-instil this medicine to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long can I use Glucomol Eye Drop?
A: You should use Glucomol Eye Drop for the duration advised by your doctor. Once you open the bottle make sure you use it within 4 weeks of opening.
Q: Can Glucomol Eye Drop lower the blood pressure?
A: No, Glucomol Eye Drop do not significantly lower systemic blood pressure. It lowers the pressure in the eye (ocular pressure).
Q: Will Glucomol Eye Drop cause blurry vision?
A: Yes, Glucomol Eye Drop may cause blurry vision for some time or short duration. If these conditions worsen, connect with your doctor. Avoid performing any activities requiring consciousness.
Q: Can I stop taking Glucomol Eye Drop when I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking Glucomol Eye Drop. Your symptoms may improve before the condition being cured completely. You should complete the full course of treatment, else the condition might worsen later. Always consult your doctor before stopping any medicine.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.