Today, people live longer thanks to medical advancements but are they healthy until the very end? Not everyone can say ‘yes’ to this as people in their 50s and 60s see their health deteriorating. In fact, people as young as 25 and 30 are already falling prey to lifestyle diseases.
The round the clock lifestyle that we have adopted and the change in the diet and exercise regime that has come with it, are all to blame for the untimely diseases that people suffer from off late.
If a long healthy life is what you are looking for, here are a few tips to keep lifestyle diseases at bay until the age of Healthy at 80!
- Women must keep their abdominal circumference lower than 80 cm and men 90 cm.
- Keep your fasting sugar lower than 80 mg %.
- Keep your blood pressure lower than 80 mm Hg.
- Keep your heart rate lower than 80 per minute.
- Keep your bad LDL cholesterol lower than 80 mg %.
- Do not consume more than 80 grams of caloric solid or liquid food at once.
- Observe a carbohydrate fast 80 days a year.
- Do not consume alcohol and if you do, restrict it to not more than 80 ml in a day or 80 grams in a week.
- Consume at least 80 fruits and vegetable servings in a week.
- Do not consume more than 80 ml/gram of ghee, oil, and butter in a week.
- Ensure to sit out in the sun for at least 80 days in a year to fulfill the body’s requirement of vitamin D
- Walk for 80 minutes in a day.
- Brisk walk for 80 minutes in a week.
- Keep noise pollution less than 80 dB.
- Avoid areas where the Particulate Matter 2.5 and PM 10 levels are higher than 80
And that’s about it. We know most of them are significant feats that will take a lot more than a little dedication and effort from your end, but hey it’ll be worth the effort. When most of your peers are ailing with all sorts of ailments, you probably will be playing hockey with their walking sticks! Happy health, everyone!
Blog Credits – Dr. Ishan Parekh, MD Medicine.