Want to beat the chill this winter? A warm beverage during this time will not only keep you healthy but feel as comforting as a snuggle! Here are some beverage ideas that will keep you warm and homey!
Read on to find out which beverages you should slurp on during winters!
1. Apple cider and cinnamon
Want to try a unique and delicious beverage this winter? Apple cider with a few sticks of cinnamon is just what you need. Just pour yourself a cup of apple cider, put two cinnamon sticks into the cup and let them soak so that the cider is infused with the goodness of cinnamon. Sip on the liquid half an hour later. It’s not just delicious but also has numerous health benefits –
- Creates more White Blood Cells (WBCs) to strengthen your immunity to fight off winter cough and cold.
- Its high iron content will generate more Red Blood Cells (RBCs).
- Repairs and creates new cells and tissues.
- Speeds up digestion and prevents acidity, heartburn and flatulence – problems that are common in winter.
2. Warm lemon water
What is the one hot beverage that even all the celebrities swear by to remain fit and healthy? It’s warm lemon water! Just warm a cup of lukewarm water, squeeze a quarter of a lemon and drink it to kick start your winter day.
Winter is when you are at risk of contracting viral and bacterial infections. And warm lemon water is one of the best immunity-boosters that will protect you from winter illnesses like cough and cold.
There are even more benefits of lemon water which make it a must-have beverage for winters-
- It improves insulin activity and prevents diabetes.
- The vitamin C in lemon also makes your skin glow.
3. Ginger brew
Are you craving for a spicy beverage this winter? Prepare yourself some hot ginger solution. This brew is known for its slightly zesty and hot taste due to ginger. This is what makes it a soothing beverage in winter for people with a severe case of cold.
Ginger is a powerful medicinal herb and a mixture of warm water with ginger will do the following for your body –
- Kill germs and bacteria as soon as they enter your body.
- Keep your body temperature warm.
- Reduce muscle and joint ache (common among elderly people on very cold days).
- Eases constipation.
4. Masala Tea
What is the king of all winter beverages? It is the Indian masala chai! Not only does it taste awesome but it also packs a punch with its innumerable health benefits. It contains many spices like cloves, cardamom (elaichi) and bay leaf that are loaded with medicinal properties that you need in winter. Here are a few reasons you need to make yourself a masala tea anytime this winter –
- Keeps skin healthy, skin tends to become dry and lifeless in winter
- Speeds up metabolism
- Eases any kind of pain, common in winter
- Keeps you warm from within
- Good for your liver
Read More: 7 Benefits of Masala Tea
Feeling cold & lazy? Grab a mug of coffee and as it travels down your throat, you will feel yourself becoming warm and toasty. Coffee contains caffeine- a compound that you need in winters to be at the top of the game. It improves your blood supply which keeps you warm.
Caffeine also reduces the likelihood of contracting respiratory problems, the flu or a common cold. There are many other benefits of caffeine that make coffee a vital beverage for winters –
- Removes toxins from the body that have a tendency to accumulate.
- Keeps heart healthy.
- Promotes weight loss – a feature that becomes useful because we usually eat a lot during the cold months.
Winters are incomplete without a mug of your favourite hot beverage. But wouldn’t be great if your beloved warm drink could also boost your health? With the beverages we mentioned, you are sure to be cozy, happy and healthy throughout the winter months.
Also Read: 4 Health Benefits of Green Tea