Diabetes is one of the many chronic ailments that have the potential to severely compromise your quality of life. However, with effective diet control and lifestyle management, its negative effects can be kept at bay. The Rajgira (amaranth seeds) Flour Dosa is one such food item, which when added to the daily diet, helps to control blood sugar levels and hence keep diabetes in check.
Ingredients (Serves 7 – 8)
- 3 tbsp Yellow Moong dal
- 3 tbsp Green Moong dal
- 3 tbsp Chana dal/Split chickpeas
- 3 tbsp Urad dal/Split black grams lentils
- 3 tbsp Red lentils/Masoor dal
- 1 cup Rajgira flour
- 1 cup Cabbage (shredded)
- 1/2 cup Coriander leaves
- 2 no. Chopped green chillies
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 pinches – Asafoetida/hing
- Oil/Ghee for making the dosa
- Wash the dals & soak them for 2 hours.
- Prepare the veggies as mentioned above & depicted in the pictures.
- Once the dals are soaked, grind them in the blender until a smooth paste is made.
- Now add rajgira flour to the dal batter.
- Also add the remaining ingredients – veggies, spices, seasonings except for oil.
- Once the ingredients are brought together, pour a ladle full of batter on a hot Tawa (skillet) which is brushed well with oil.
- After pouring the batter, spread it around to make a circular dosa.
- Add a few drops of oil on the border of the dosa & cook on medium flame.
- The edges of the dosa will start leaving & it is then that the dosa is ready to be removed from the Tawa.
- Serve hot with chutney.
Disclaimer: The information included at this site is for educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for medical treatment by a healthcare professional. Because of unique individual needs, the reader should consult their physician to determine the appropriateness of the information for the reader’s situation.