Here is the recipe for the Green papaya Thai salad from our diabetes dietitian Ujjwala Baxi’s kitchen!
- Green papaya is a potential source for anti-diabetic & diabetic-wound healing therapy.
- Aids Digestion
- Powerhouse Of Vitamins
- Helps In Cell Repair
- Prevents Constipation
- Soothes Inflammation Or Infection
- 1 Whole green papaya – 600 gms
- Cooked whole green moong – 1 cup
- ½ red bell pepper
- Mint leaves, chopped – 1 handful
- Roasted peanuts – 8 to10 nos.
- Jaggery -1 tbsp
- Pad Thai chillies – 2 nos.
- Salt to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Peel and cut the papaya into thin flat slices.
- Lay down the flat slices and cut them into thin juliennes.
- Keep the julienned slices aside.
- In a mortar, collect the dressing ingredients(peanuts, jaggery, chillies, salt, lemon juice) and crush them with a pestle.
- Assemble the papaya, sprouts, bell pepper, mint leaves and the Thai dressing all together in a bowl.
- Mix the components of the bowl well and your Green papaya Thai salad is ready to serve.
You can enjoy this lip-smacking salad for a light lunch or dinner. Which other recipes would you like to know? Tell us in the comments!
Disclaimer: The information included at this site is for educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for medical treatment by a healthcare professional. Because of unique individual needs, the reader should consult their physician to determine the appropriateness of the information for the reader’s situation.