Ice cream is a dessert that is loved by people of all ages and there is no reason why people suffering from diabetes should be kept away from this indulgence. If you or someone in your family is diabetic, then you can try out a homemade peanut-banana ice cream recipe. Banana and peanut butter have been known to be beneficial for regulating blood sugar and hence this recipe can serve as the perfect summer treat for diabetics.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 large overly ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- Peel the bananas and slice them into 1/2 inch discs.
- Arrange banana slices in a single layer on a large plate or baking sheet.
- Freeze for 1 – 2 hours.
- Place the banana slices in a food processor or powerful blender.
- Puree banana slices, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Puree until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Add the peanut butter to the puree and combine.
- Serve immediately for soft-serve ice cream consistency. If you prefer harder ice cream, place it in the freezer for a few hours and then serve.
*Note-if you have a hard time creating a creamy consistency, you can add 1 – 2 tablespoons of milk to help puree the banana slices. Make sure you use a powerful food processor or blender!
Disclaimer: The information included at this site is for educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for medical treatment by a healthcare professional. Because of unique individual needs, the reader should consult their physician to determine the appropriateness of the information for the reader’s situation.