Diabetes is a modern epidemic and controlling it is the best thing that you can do. And the most efficient way to be able to do that by keeping blood sugar level close to normal as possible. The side effects of diabetes include everything from vision problems to inflammation of the joints to kidney health and the digestive process. Therefore, implementing a comprehensive lifestyle plan is very important and can be done with simple Steps To Control Diabetes.
Here are five helpful ways to control your diabetes-
- Eat Smaller Meals – By spreading out 5 or 6 meals throughout the day, rather than settling for three larger meals, your body will remain active in its digestive processes, which will increase insulin sensitivity.
- Chew More Gum – Gum keeps your mouth busy and keeps your hunger pangs at bay. Psychologically, the act of chewing can make us crave food less. But that said, make sure to check the time of gum that you are chewing on. Opt for sugar-free-gum and have in moderation.
- Reduce Your Coffee Intake – Changing the morning is a huge lifestyle changer, but it can have a significant impact on your quality of life as a diabetic patient. Make your coffee with no sugar and avoid having a cuppa from fancy places as it might contain a lot of sugar which can result in severe glucose fluctuations in the body.
- Have New Fruits and Vegetables – Fruits and vegetables are essential dietary elements for people who have diabetes. By trying out new fruits and vegetables, you can monitor sugar level on your own and also can help you pick out dietary choices.
- Splash a Little Vinegar – Add one spoonful of vinegar to your salads or cooked vegetables, and it can help the blood sugar level go down. Vinegar inhibits starch digestion & helps reduce post-meal sugar surge by 40%.
Diabetes is a fight, and it can’t be won alone. Follow these simple Steps to Control Diabetes and change your lifestyle. Build your dream team and support system consisting of your doctor, nutritionist, dentist, pharmacist, family and friends. They will help you stick to the plan.