Living with Arthritis pain is no easy task. The number of medical bills that you incur taking care of it can sometimes be overwhelming. Some of the best and inexpensive way for Arthritis pain management is hot and cold therapy, and anyone can do it at any time when needed.
Both heat and cold therapy work effectively for pain, but it varies from body to body. Hot treatments, such as heating pads or warm baths, works the best for soothing stiff joints and muscles whereas cold therapies help you get ready for some exercise and physical activity.
Here are our picks for hot & cold therapy that could help in relieving arthritis pain if done the right way!
Heat can help relax muscles and ease out the joints. Hot therapy, used as Arthritis pain management, may be used to relieve muscle and joint stiffness as it helps in warming up the bones before any physical activity, or may come handy to ease a muscle spasm.
- Warm shower & bath first thing in the morning.
- Apply hot pack for at least 20mins of the day
- Soak legs in salt and warm water to help take care of tired muscles.
- Mineral oil is also an effective treatment for pain specific to regions
Cold therapy, as Arthritis pain management, is used to usually reduce inflammation, swelling, and pain related to arthritis and activity. It is also recommended to treat many acute injuries.
- Wrap a bag of ice or bag of frozen vegetables in a towel to protect the skin and don’t leave it on the area of pain for more than 20 minutes
- Give your joint an ice bath; submerge it in a container of ice and water.
- Use a cloth or towel between the skin and the cold source to prevent irritation or damage.
- Most often topical pain relievers are also recommended if the arthritis pain is too much. It provides temporary relief of arthritis, tendonitis, and fibromyalgia. You get it in a tube, roll-on, spray or gel pump.
The best way to deal with such arthritis pain is by combing both hot and cold therapy. The result of such an approach will be most effective. Also, Switching between hot and cold treatment can offer excellent Arthritis pain management benefits, as long as each one follows the guidelines and uses it wisely.