Is your child complaining of stomach cramps and frequently visiting the bathroom? Well, it could be a case of acute diarrhoea. Diarrhoea is a condition in which your child’s stools are loose and watery. It can be a very uncomfortable condition, which means that your child may have to avoid school and stay at home.
How can you treat diarrhoea?
Giving your child the right food for diarrhoea can help with treating loose movements. When your child is recovering from diarrhoea, it is necessary to keep an eye on the type of food to be taken or avoided.
Here are some tips to help manage diarrhoea:
- Follow a BRAT diet. Bananas, rice, apples and toast – they are bland (so they do not aggravate the digestive system) and they bind (they help to firm the stool). Broths, coconut water, mixtures of cereals, beans, dairy products and eggs available locally are great food for diarrhoea.
- Give your child ORS. It helps rehydrate the body and is suitable for treating loose movements as it is absorbed in the small intestine and replaces water and electrolytes lost in the stool.
- Taking probiotics as soon as possible during and after diarrhoea can help in the recovery process, as well as in the treatment of loose movements. Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are good for the digestive system and their main role is to keep the gut healthy.
Role of probiotics in diarrhoea
Our intestines are lined with around 100 billion bacteria, which create a thriving ecosystem that performs important functions such as supporting the immune system, generating energy from food and disposing of foreign substances and toxins. This is why we have to make sure that our gut stays healthy.
What happens if you have diarrhoea?
In the case of diarrhoea, our intestinal flora loses balance and the bad bacteria start to reign. It is important to maintain and rebuild this balance so that it can continue to perform its beneficial functions. Then probiotics have to intervene against diarrhoea and become a hero!
Probiotics are known to have the following known advantages:
- Stronger immune system.
- Improved digestion.
- Better metabolism.
- Increased energy from the production of vitamin B12.
- Healing of leaky intestines and intestinal complaints.
Enterogermina 2 billion
Enterogermina is the world’s leading probiotic brand and is sold in over 70 countries. It is the most commonly prescribed brand by pediatricians.
Enterogermina 2 billion is a probiotic that maintains the right flora balance and offers your child gentle intestinal care. Its friendly bacteria help restore the natural balance of intestinal bacteria and help with diarrhoea and other digestive problems. It does not contain lactose, sugar and gluten.
How does Enterogermina oral suspension work?
Known as the number one probiotic in the world, Enterogermina 2 billion contains Bacillus Clausii spores which help to overcome the stomach acid barrier and reach the intestinal tract in good condition. They are then transformed into metabolically active cells which multiply and continue to restore the correct intestinal flora. Enterogermina 2 billion is indicated for administration to children and infants.
Diarrhoea is not a challenge if your gut is healthy. Therefore, make sure your child consumes Enterogermina 2 billion a day to keep the gut happy and healthy. BUY NOW
Disclaimer: The above information has been prepared by a qualified medical professional and may not represent the practices followed universally. The suggestions listed in this article constitute relatively common advice given to patients and since every patient is different, you are advised to consult your physician, if in doubt, before acting upon this information. Lupin Limited has only facilitated the distribution of this information to you in the interest of patient education and welfare.