Is your child complaining of stomach cramps and frequently visiting the loo? It could be a case of acute diarrhoea. Diarrhoea is a condition where your child’s stool becomes loose and watery. It can be a very uncomfortable condition, which means your child may have to avoid school and stay at home.
How can you treat diarrhoea?
Giving your child the right food for diarrhoea can help with loose motion treatment. When your child is recovering from diarrhoea, it is necessary to keep an eye on the type of food to be taken or avoided.
Here are some tips to help manage diarrhoea:
- Follow a BRAT diet. Bananas, Rice, Apple and Toast- these are bland (so won’t aggravate the digestive system) and binding (they help firm up stool) foods. Broths, coconut water, mixes of cereal, locally available beans, dairy products and eggs are a great food for diarrhoea.
- Give your child ORS. It helps in rehydrating the body and is apt for loose motion treatment as it is absorbed in the small intestine and replaces the water and electrolytes lost in stools.
- Taking probiotics as soon as possible during and after diarrhoea can help in the recovery process as well as with loose motion treatment. Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are good for the digestive system and their key role is to keep the gut healthy.
Role of probiotics in diarrhoea
Our gut is lined with about 100 billion bacteria that create a thriving ecosystem which performs important functions like aiding the immune system, producing the feel-good chemical serotonin, making energy from the food we eat and disposing of foreign substances and toxins. This is the reason that we need to ensure our gut always stays healthy.
What happens during diarrhoea? During diarrhoea, our gut flora loses its balance and the bad bacteria starts to rule. It is important to preserve and rebuild this balance so that it can continue to carry on its beneficial functions. This is when probiotics for diarrhoea must intervene and become the hero!
It has the following known benefits:
- Stronger immune system
- Improved digestion
- Better metabolism
- Increased energy from production of vitamin B12
- Better breath because probiotics destroy candida
- Reduced cold and flu
- Healing from leaky gut and gut ailments.
Enterogermina 2 billion
Enterogermina is the World’s No. 1 probiotic brand, sold in over 70 countries. It is the most recommended brand by paediatricians.
Enterogermina 2 billion is the ideal probiotic that maintains the right kind of flora-balance, strengthens your child’s immunity and provides gentle gut care for your child. Its friendly bacteria helps in restoring the natural balance of gut bacteria and addresses the root cause of diarrhoea and other digestive troubles. It also contributes to correct dysvitaminosis – which is the imbalance of production and assimilation of vitamins. It’s lactose-free, sugar-free and gluten-free.
How does Enterogermina Oral Suspension Work
Known as the world’s number one probiotic, Enterogermina 2 billion contains the spores of Bacillus clausii that helps in overcoming the barrier of gastric acid and reaches the intestinal tract undamaged. They are then transformed into metabolically active cells that multiply and go on to restore the correct intestinal flora. The formulation of Enterogermina 2 billion is also indicated for administration to children and infants.
Diarrhoea is not a challenge if your gut is healthy. Therefore, ensure your child consumes Enterogermina 2 billion daily to keep the gut happy and healthy.