Every single person suffers from hair fall at a certain point of age. Sometimes, it is so horrible that your bedroom floor looks like a salon floor! Many people are even frightened that they will go bald.
But, people don’t freak out! There are various methods to control your hair fall. “Ayurveda” treatment is one of the best and effective way to grow your hair naturally. Ayurveda has many secrets to reveal that can help to restore your hair growth.
What does Ayurveda say About Hair?
Ayurvedic system of medicine is based on three doshas namely Vata, Kapha, and Pitta. When there is an imbalance in any of these doshas, it tends to produce various kinds of diseases. Expert says hair problems are a result of an exacerbation of the pitta dosha.
In Ayurveda, there are many herbs for a hair treatment that have moisturizing properties that naturally stop hair fall and promote hair growth. Here is the list of best herbs for hair growth –
Bhringraj is an Indian herb that is also known as false daisy particularly grown in moist areas & full of vitamins, calcium, magnesium and iron. Bhringraj oil is very popular used for various hair problems.
- Bhringraj is a natural remedy to promote hair growth and reduce hair loss
- It soothes the scalp by increasing the blood flow of the scalp and hair follicle
- It activates the hair roots and follicles to induce natural hair growth
- It nourishes your hair naturally and makes them healthy and shiny
How to use – You can make Bhringraj oil by adding Bhringraj oils in coconut or sesame oil and use it regularly for great results. Regular use of this oil can reduce stress by increasing blood circulation to the scalp.
Also Read: 12 Health Benefits of Bhringraj Oil
Brahmi is a wonder herb of Ayurveda for hair growth and thickening of hair.
- It is a traditional Ayurvedic herbal oil best for thinning of hair follicles that leads to hair loss
- Brahmi oil contains an alkaloid that activates a protein in your body that toughen and strengthen your hair naturally
- It also calms down your stress and improves your mood
- It also helps to treat the dry and damaged scalp
- Brahmi reduces the ‘cortisol’ – a stress hormone in your body. High levels are cortisol is one of the reasons for hair fall
How to use – Add Brahmi leaves in coconut oil and boil it to reduce its half of quantity and store it. Massaging the scalp with Brahmi oil has a very soothing effect.
Also Read: 12 Health Benefits of Brahmi
Vitamin C-loaded amla is an essential part of hair care and skincare routine.
- It contains essential fatty acids and antioxidants which strengthen the hair follicles and make your hair strong and lustre
- Amla is overall good for hair and scalp health as it helps to remove dandruff and dissolve grease and dirt from follicles. Massaging the scalp with amla oil can increase blood circulation
- It provides essential nutrients to hair follicles to promote hair growth
How to use – You can massage your scalp with amla oil for natural hair growth and boost blood circulation. You can also take amla juice in the morning to take care of overall health.
Also Read: 7 Health Benefits of Amla
Fenugreek or Methi Seeds
Fenugreek or methi seeds is a common spice in every Indian kitchen.
- It is considered the best Ayurvedic medicine since its seeds are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, Vitamin K, proteins, and folic acid
- Fenugreek seeds contain a protein – nicotinic acid which is known to be very effective against hair fall and dandruff, and various types of scalp problems
- It promotes hair growth by nourishing your hair
How to use – Soak methi seeds overnight then grind it to a fine paste and apply on hair and scalp for half an hour. Then wash it with lukewarm water. Repeat this thrice a week for better results.
Remember those days when our mother gives us shikakai to wash our hair? Thanks to our mother, because shikakai is a fantastic herb for healthy hair.
- It has hair-cleansing properties which are considered a natural alternative for shampoo
- Shikakai is rich in antioxidants that help to nourish your hair and promote hair growth naturally
How to use – Make a shikakai powder by simply grinding them. Add 2 tablespoons of this powder in coconut oil and store. Massage your oil with this at least twice a week. Also, you can wash your hair with shikakai as an alternative for shampoo.
Also Read: 5 Best Foods for Hair Growth