While doctors and healthcare websites can give you a thousand ways to beat tension, why you should exercise, there are several myths that surround these in people having high blood pressure. One of them is that when suffering from hypertension, one must refrain from physical exercise. This is completely untrue. There should be no excuse for skipping physical exercise. Here’s where your friends come in handy!
Reasons why working out with friends is one of the most effective ways to beat tension-
To begin with, any kind of physical exercise be it walking or running will cause a slight increase in blood pressure as the muscles need more blood at that time. However, this kind of increase in blood pressure is only temporary and will not cause any harm in patients with hypertension unless they are exerting themselves too hard. Your blood pressure will return to normal in under 5-10 minutes after you finish your exercise. Plus, while running with your friend, your mood levels will be stable and pleasant.
- Doctors suggest that mild exercise and jogging can actually decrease blood pressure in individuals with hypertension and help in its management. By constantly scheduling your jogging sessions with your friend, you also bring discipline into your life.
- A healthy friend equals a healthy you! Regular exercise and mild running makes one’s heart stronger and accustomed to physical routine work out. It’s like a training system for your heart and over time, your heart will be able to pump more blood with less exertion or pressure. This is the result you want. Also, read 20 tips for a healthy heart.
- If you find that you have hypertension but it is not too severe, then regular exercise and running can help to bring it back to normal and also prevent it from increasing. Consistency is key, which your friend will help you with. Constantly ensure to motivate each other to stay healthy.
- Prolonged hypertension puts one at risk of developing other cardiovascular diseases. In such cases, running and physical activity (including mild weight lifting) can significantly cut down the chances of any cardiovascular event.
- Exercise helps you maintain your weight for your age and height. As long as you are weight-appropriate, you are already decreasing your risk of umpteen number of diseases including hypertension!
Also Read: How to Stay Fit and Healthy?
A tip for you and your friend: To start your daily exercise routine, consult your physician to guide you on the amount of exercise you need and can safely do. It is always a good idea to give your body a chance to warm up before you begin exercising. You can do so by walking and then gradually proceeding to jog. Also, remember to take breaks in between.
Read More: What is The Best Time to Exercise?
Disclaimer: The information included at this site is for educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for medical treatment by a healthcare professional. Because of unique individual needs, the reader should consult their physician to determine the appropriateness of the information for the reader’s situation.