Choice Strip Of 28 Tablets
Choice Strip Of 28 Tablets Description
Choice tablet is an oral contraceptive or birth control pill used to prevent pregnancy. It contains a combination of two hormonal medicine levonorgestrel and Ethinyl estradiol. Choice tablet works by
mimicking the action of natural female hormones present in the body. Choice tablet should be taken as prescribed by your doctor, also it is very important to take this medicine regularly as missing a dose may lead to failure of contraception. Oral contraceptives are one of the most reliable methods of contraception if used correctly, can make your periods regular and may relieve premenstrual syndrome. Before you start taking this pill inform your doctor if you smoke and are over 35 years of age, have any medical condition and are on other medications and supplements.
|Contains||Ethinylestradiol(0.03 Mg) + Ferrous Fumarate(60.0 Mg) + Levonorgestrel(0.15 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, breast tenderness, altered mood|
|Therapy||FEMALE HORMONE PILLS|
Uses of Choice Strip Of 28 Tablets
Contraindications of Choice Strip Of 28 Tablets
- If you are allergic to levonorgestrel or ethinylestradiol or any other ingredients of Choice tablet.
- If you are pregnant, are over 35 years of age or suffering from diabetes, high blood pressure or cholesterol problem.
- If you have any medical condition such bleeding disorder, heart problem, blood-related disorder, liver or kidney problem, etc.
- If you have history of migraines attacks, breast cancer or any blood clot formation or bleeding disorder.
- If you ever had undiagnosed vaginal bleeding.
- If you have hepatitis C and taking certain antiviral medications.
Side effects of Choice Strip Of 28 Tablets
- Altered mood
- Abdominal pain
- Breast tenderness
Precautions and Warnings of Choice Strip Of 28 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You experience persistent cough, swelling of the face, tongue and other body parts, breathing problem, etc.
- You develop jaundice (yellowing of skin or eyes).
- You experience an increase in blood pressure.
- You have any pre-existing medical condition such as hypertension, diabetes, hypertension, liver problem etc.
- You had a history of gall stones.
- You have a habit of smoking and your age is above 35 years, as it can increase the risk of heart problems.
- You have a blood clotting disorder or any blood related disorder.
- You are overweight, have migraine, varicose vein disorder or chronic inflammatory bowel disease.
- You have any condition that worsened due to the use of this medicine previously.
- You have just given birth you are at an increased risk of blood clots, ask your doctor how soon after delivery you can start taking Choice.
Mode of Action of Choice Strip Of 28 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Choice tablet works by the combined action of its two ingredients and prevents pregnancy in three different ways.
- It prevents the release of the egg by the ovary during ovulation, makes the vaginal fluid thick making it difficult for sperm to reach the womb and it also prevents the thickening of the uterus thus making it unsuitable for implantation....
Directions for Use of Choice Strip Of 28 Tablets
- Take Choice tablet as prescribed by your doctor preferably at the same time everyday.
- Follow any specific instructions given by your doctor or nurse on how to take this pill.
- Missing a pill can increase the chances of you getting pregnant hence use an alternative method of contraception.
- If vomiting or diarrhoea occurs within 4 hours of taking Choice tablet, use another method of contraception.
- You should use alternate contraception method if you have stomach upset during and for 7 days following the upset.
Interactions of Choice Strip Of 28 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Choice tablet or Choice itself can affect the action of other medicines if taken along. Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder. ...
- In particular if, you are taking certain medications such as anti-epileptic medicines (like phenytoin), anti-HIV medicines, anti-infectives (like penicillin, griseofulvin), St. John's Wort (herbal supplement used to treat psychiatric illnesses), anti-tuberculosis medicines, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial medicines etc. Because simultaneous use can alter the activity of Choice tablet....
- Other medicines which should be used with caution are immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, anti-asthmatic medicines like theophylline etc. Because Choice tablet can affect way these medicines works.
Storage and disposal of Choice Strip Of 28 Tablets
- Store Choice medicine below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Choice Strip Of 28 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is it an emergency contraceptive pill?
Q: What is Choice tablet used for?
Q: Can tab Choice be used for delaying periods?
Q: What should I do If I vomited after taking Choice birth control pills?
Q: What is the side effects of choice tablet?
Q: What does Choice contraceptive pill contain?
Q: Can I take Choice pills for delaying periods?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 12 April 2022]
- Levonorgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol Tablets [Internet]. Lupin.com. 2021 [cited 12 April 2022]
- OVRAL L [Internet]. Labeling.pfizer.com. 2021 [cited 12 April 2022]
- Ovranette 150/30 micrograms Coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 April 2022]