Contec Tp 500 Medical Infrared Thermometer
Powered by 2 AAA batteries, this portable Contec Infrared Thermometer allows you to take temperature readings without making any contact with the subject of the measurement. Infrared thermometers use infrared light to gauge accurate temperature readings quickly, allowing the person to maintain a safe distance during the process. The Contec Infrared Thermometer compensates for ambient temperature and can be used for taking body temperature measurements as well as other use cases (such as during cooking).
- The Contec Infrared Thermometer gives a temperature reading within seconds with an accuracy of ± 0.2 °C.
- By keeping a safe distance from the subject, this thermometer helps to maintain safety for both the medical staff using this product and the patient.
- Due to its easy-to-use handle and gun-style body, this thermometer can also be used in workplace situations for monitoring temperature quickly with no hassle.
- The infrared thermometer also comes with a large LCD screen to display the temperature under most lighting conditions (even bright daylight) due to the white backlighting technology.
- The Contec Infrared Thermometer has an automatic fever indicator that shows the reading in red for high-temperature measurements, as well as an auto-off feature to conserve battery life.
To measure temperature from a distance of 5 cm from the subject with high accuracy and speed.
How to Use
- Read the instruction manual carefully before using the product.
- Place 2 AAA batteries into the thermometer. Press the power button to switch on the device.
- Aim the sensor towards the selected body part (under the tongue, under the arm or as directed).
- Wait for the beep and note down the reading on the display.
- Press the power button to switch it off or wait for it to automatically turn off.
- Keep it away from heat and direct sunlight.
- Read the label and instructions carefully before using it.
Q1: Does it save previous measurements?
Ans: Yes, it saves up to 32 of the previous temperature measurements.
Q2: Does it give the temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit?
Ans: It can give readings in both Celsius and Fahrenheit depending on your preference. For information on how to switch between these, read the instruction manual.
Q3: Are the batteries provided with the device?
Ans: No, the required AAA batteries are not provided in the pack. You will need to purchase those separately.
Q4: What is a high-temperature measurement?
Ans: Typically, a fever temperature measurement in healthy adults is anything at 100.4F or higher and a high fever reading would be anything at 103.1F or higher.