Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml
By NEON LABORATORIES LIMITED
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml is used as adjuvant therapy in various respiratory diseases associated with excessive mucous secretion. Lung and airway diseases such as bronchitis, shortness of breath (emphysema), production of thick sticky mucus (cystic fibrosis) are usually related to excessive mucous secretion. It contains acetylcysteine which belongs to a class of medicines known as mucolytics (medicines that make the mucus less thick and sticky). Acetylcysteine present in Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml helps in loosening the thick mucous and makes it easier to cough it out....
|You Save||₹10.80 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Respiratory tract disease with excessive mucus|
|Side effects||Fever, headache, nausea, vomiting|
|Classification||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Check more medicines with composition as Acetylcysteine
Uses of Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml
Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml is used as adjuvant therapy in respiratory tract diseases such as bronchitis, emphysema, bronchiectasis and cystic fibrosis associated with excessive mucous secretion.
Contraindications of Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml
- If you are allergic to acetylcysteine or any ingredients of Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml .
- Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml should not be used in children below 14 years of age.
Side effects of Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml
- Low blood pressure
- Ringing in the ears
Precautions and Warnings of Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml
Can I take Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml during pregnancy?
There is limited safety data on the use of Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml during pregnancy. Hence, this medicine must be used in pregnant women only if prescribed by a doctor.
Can I take Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml while breastfeeding?
It is not known if acetylcysteine is secreted in breast milk. To avoid any harm to the newborn baby, avoid taking this medicine while breastfeeding unless prescribed by a doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml ?
Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml is less likely to affect your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml ?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml .
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any difficulty in breathing, stop the medicine immediately.
- You have a history of ulcers and asthma.
- You experience any rashes or lesions on the skin or mucous membranes after taking this medicine.
- You have any history of intolerance to histamine, then you should avoid long term treatment.
- During the initial days of treatment, you may experience an increase in the secretions of the airways and lungs. You should contact your doctor if you experience any discomfort. Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml is less likely to affect your driving abilities....
Mode of Action of Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml
How Does It Work?
Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml contains acetylcysteine that is a derivative of a natural amino acid L-cysteine. It acts by thinning the mucus and making it easier to cough out and relieve the airways.
Directions for Use of Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml
- Take Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml as advised by your doctor before or after your meals
- Do not take more than prescribed by your doctor
Interactions of Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Cough suppressants should not be used at the same time while using this medicine as it can alter the way this medicine works.
- Activated charcoal can reduce the action of this medicine. Concomitant use is not advised.
- Antibiotics should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours with Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml
- Concomitant use of Glyceryl trinitrate a medicine used for heart-related disorder along with Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml can cause low blood pressure.
Storage and disposal of Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml
- Store at room temperature away from moisture and sunlight
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets
Dosage of Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml
You may experience symptoms such as nausea, vomiting or loose motions. In case of an overdose, reach out to your doctor.
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it is already time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the normal dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml an effective medicine? Does it have any other benefits?
- Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml is being used as a mucolytic for a long time in lung and airway diseases and effectively reduces mucus secretion and improves other symptoms.
- It has excellent antioxidant properties that can be helpful for other disease conditions. Consult your doctor for more information.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before using Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml s?
A: You must not take this medicine within 2 hours of taking an antibiotic. Cough suppressants and medicines to treat high blood pressure should be avoided or used with caution while taking acetylcysteine. The tablets smell of sulphur (or rotten eggs), which is very pungent. Make sure you do not throw away the tablet thinking it is spoiled.
Q: Is Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml an antibiotic medicine?
A: No, it is not an antibiotic medicine. It belongs to a class of medicines called mucolytics.
Q: How should I take Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml , before or after a meal?
A: It can be taken with or without food, as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Is it safe to give Cilol 200mg Inj 2ml to my 6 months old baby?
A: No, you should not give this medicine to your baby. Discuss with a child specialist before giving any medicine to your baby as their organs are sensitive and not fully developed.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.