Zolineg 2miu Injection
1 Injection(s) in Dry Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zolineg 2 MIU Description
Zolineg Injection is an antibiotic medicine. It is used in the treatment of certain types of severe bacterial infections. It contains colistin (also called polymyxin E or colistimethate) as its main
component. It will be given to you in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse as an injection. You should avoid self-injecting.
|You Save||₹275.55 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Serious bacterial infection|
|Side effects||Injection site reactions|
Check more medicines with composition as Colistin(2.0 Miu)
Uses of Zolineg 2 MIU
For the treatment of severe bacterial infections
Contraindications of Zolineg 2 MIU
If you are allergic to colistin or any other ingredients of Zolineg Injection
Side effects of Zolineg 2 MIU
- Injections site reaction
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Zolineg 2 MIU
Can I take Zolineg Injection during pregnancy?
Zolineg Injection should be used during pregnancy only if considered essential by the doctor after assessing the benefits over risks, as limited safety data is available in pregnant women.
Can I take Zolineg Injection while breastfeeding?
Zolineg Injection should be used while breastfeeding only if considered essential by the doctor
Can I drive if I have taken Zolineg Injection?
Zolineg Injection may cause dizziness, confusion, visual disturbance. Caution is needed while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Zolineg Injection?
Although there is no known interaction between alcohol and this medicine, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your kidneys
- You have asthma
- You are suffering from a condition that causes muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis)
- You have a history of an autoimmune disorder of skin called porphyria
Mode of Action of Zolineg 2 MIU
How Does It Work?
Colistin is an antibiotic that kills the bacteria by damaging the cell membrane and thus stops the growth of bacteria
Directions for Use of Zolineg 2 MIU
- Zolineg Injection will be given to you in the hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Zolineg 2 MIU
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Zolineg Injection works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking antibiotics, muscle relaxants, medicines to treat a condition called myasthenia gravis (muscle weakness).
Storage and disposal of Zolineg 2 MIU
- Store Zolineg Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets
Dosage of Zolineg 2 MIU
Zolineg Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely that you may get an overdose on this medicine. If you experience any symptoms right after taking this injection, seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
The doctor or nurse usually gives Zolineg Injection in the hospital or clinic. Therefore, the chances of missing a dose are less. However, if you feel that a dose has been missed, please inform your doctor and nurse....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Zolineg Injection?
A: Zolineg Injection contains colistin (also called polymyxin E or colistimethate), which belongs to the antibiotics group of medicines.
Q: What is the use of Zolineg Injection?
A: Zolineg Injection is used in the treatment of certain serious types of infections caused by bacteria.
- Colomycin 2 million International Units (IU) Powder for solution for injection, infusion or inhalation - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- Colomycin 2 million International Units (IU) Powder for solution for injection, infusion or inhalation - - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed