By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Xefta 250 MG Description
Xefta Tablet is an anti-cancer medication containing gefitinib as its main component. It is used in the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Xefta Tablet
- Gefticip 250mg TabletBy Cipla Limited30 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 4897.73₹ 4163.07₹ 138.77/Tablet
Uses of Xefta 250 MG
For the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
Contraindications of Xefta 250 MG
- If you are allergic to gefitinib or any of the ingredient of Xefta Tablet
- If you are breastfeeding
Side effects of Xefta 250 MG
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea
- Fever, eating disorder
- Skin rash, itching, redness
- Loss of appetite, weakness
- Dry or sore mouth
- Conjunctivitis, dry eye
- Hair loss, nail disorder
- Nosebleed, blood in urine (bleeding)
Precautions and Warnings of Xefta 250 MG
Can I take Xefta Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine in pregnancy. Hence it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Xefta Tablet while breastfeeding?
You must not breastfeed while on treatment with this medicine, as it is unknown if gefitinib passes into breast milk
Can I drive if I have consumed Xefta Tablet?
You may feel weak during the treatment. So if you experience such symptoms be cautious while driving or operating tools.
Can I consume alcohol with Xefta Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol along with this medicine. So it is important to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your lungs
- You have a history of liver problem
- You are already taking any other medicines like rifampicin, phenytoin, carbamazepine, warfarin, antacids etc.
- You develop eye problems
- You develop stomach and intestinal problems
- You experience diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting while on treatment, contact the doctor
- This medicine is not recommended for use in children & adolescents
Mode of Action of Xefta 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Gefitinib works by blocking a certain protein which is responsible for the growth of cancer cells. Thus stopping or slowing down the growth of cancer cells.
Directions for Use of Xefta 250 MG
- Xefta Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Xefta 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Xefta Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat fungal infections, tuberculosis, fits, sleep problems, psychiatric illnesses or are taking antacids
Storage and disposal of Xefta 250 MG
- Store Xefta Tablet in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sun light and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Xefta 250 MG
- Symptoms of overdose are diarrhoea, skin rash
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Xefta Tablet?
A: Xefta Tablet contains gefitinib as its active ingredient.
Q: What is the use of Xefta Tablet?
A: Xefta Tablet is used for the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]
- Gefitinib 250 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]
- Gefitinib 250 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.